• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 29, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

jclazar

Jeff, I know for certain, that my area of location is quite the honey hole for finding the IH Cub Cadet garden tractor, and implements. As a true enthusiast, I have sent parts to folks for just a few dollars above the shipping costs. Parts can be that fortunate here at times. But, with my wedding in September of '16, I just cant enjoy my cub funds to the fullest at this time.

I suggested, as to keep in his back pocket, if by chance to buy a whole IH Cub Cadet if luck would have it.

I'm also awaiting the outcome of how that input shaft got so pointy. There should be metal shavings abundant. Or, I'm going guess by now those holes are in need of replacement or repair.

EVERYONE!

Thank you for all the great ideas and suggestions. I'm actually excited to start working on the tractor again! I'm still reading and printing posts...

Based on what you guys said... I'm going to start by getting the transmission warm and draining it. This could take a bit. I'm not sure if I want to move it or work where it is.

At least, now I have direction and lots of great ideas. I appreciate you all so much. I'm glad I joined this forum. In a few days I'll post my progress!

Jared M.

MOVE it!
Even if the rear end is locked up, with the snow on the ground, it's not gonna hurt a thing to drag it to the shed!

If I can be pulled by a 4 wheeler doing 25+ M.P.H. through a plowed field, pulling yours in the snow is a no brainer! LOL

Dude,

I've got a fractured rib and my only shed caved in from the weight of the snow... I'm thinking pay to get plowed and then truck it out or build a hoop house over it and start some propane heaters. I have no snow vehicles that can move it. It used to be me and a football sled harness, but it hurts to sneeze.

LOL, I'm off-grid. No power or water unless I bring it in. How bout' I fly you in and we go from there?

Send someone to feed the wood stove and we've got a deal!
beerchug.gif

At least you've got snow!!!!!

Attachments

• beerchug.gif
    beerchug.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 141
When will teleportation be a thing? You rock digger. I can't say I have a reliable soul to keep things stoked around here. It's either brave the northwest... or stay home. Cheers though mate. I've been digging your input.

Did he just call Charlie a "Dude"?

I'm sure he's been called PLENTY of things... But this might be a first on this forum.

Let's not recall the 70's. I wasn't even born til 1980.

Go Cub Cadet! Off the grid and cubbin' it. I love it Jared, keep us posted.

Is this Charlie? LOL
err.gif

301213.jpg

Attachments

• 301213.jpg
    301213.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 146
  • err.gif
    err.gif
    251 bytes · Views: 147
  • 301213.jpg
    301213.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 143
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

If I can be pulled by a 4 wheeler doing 25+ M.P.H. through a plowed field...<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

<font size="-1">I saw this happen and have video.</font>
rofl.gif

<font size="-1">EDIT: Click HERE Then scroll down for a few photos taken at the end of the tow out of the field.</font>

Attachments

• rofl.gif
    rofl.gif
    388 bytes · Views: 140
I like Jared's idea:

<font size="-2">QUOTE</font>: I'm thinking pay to get plowed

beer2.gif
roflol.gif

Attachments

• roflol.gif
    roflol.gif
    4.4 KB · Views: 145
  • beer2.gif
    beer2.gif
    6.7 KB · Views: 157
I have 2 model 100s and at the top center of the grille housing their is a gap on both of them what purpose do they serve?

Timothy,
This is a pic of my 100. What gap are you talking about?
1a_scratchhead.gif

301229.jpg

Attachments

• 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 153
  • 301229.jpg
    301229.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 153
  • 301229.jpg
    301229.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 148
Tim D - are you referring to the opening for the "headlight panel" or "blank-out plate". In this pic you can see the blank-out plate with the IH decal, which is where the optional headlight panel would be installed
301232.jpg

(Under Edit - Shultzie, your pic is definitely much better than the one I stole from the archives)

Attachments

• 301232.jpg
    301232.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 142
  • 301232.jpg
    301232.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 153
It's above the headlight panel in the cast iron it's right below the hood ornament. I thought it was broken so I ordered a grille housing from rf Houtz and it's the exact same way I'll try to post a picture of it tomorrow

Tim D. I think this is the gap or notch you are referring to?? I have 4 70's and 4 100's. They all have the notch but they are not all quite the same. At least one of my tractors has two notches. I have no idea what they're for, if anything. Maybe just a "birthmark from the casting mold.

301239.jpg

Attachments

• 301239.jpg
    301239.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 136
  • 301239.jpg
    301239.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 148
Just a quick stop to fuel the latest Muscle Cub.
301242.jpg

lurking.gif

Attachments

• lurking.gif
    lurking.gif
    16.1 KB · Views: 151
  • 301242.jpg
    301242.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 143
  • 301242.jpg
    301242.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 149
Paul and all
It's probably where the sprew (sp) or stem (part where the molten metal was poured into the mold) was broken off when they stripped it from the mold.

Latest posts

Back