• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 29, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wayne S.
Just go ahead and tell us how ya really feel man!
Don't hold back, let'r fly!
biggrin.gif

Ge I
1a_scratchhead.gif
what happened to the tail light debate
1a_scratchhead.gif
. Did harry get that all sorted before we moved on to lift arms. I don`t think IH did any welding and IF they made a mold for one tractor they used that mold for all the Cubs that they could. I`am sure that cut down on the $$ per unit . We all ended up with a great built tractor that is not perfect but real dang close. I will keep modding my cubs as I see fit.

Wayne

Relax with a cool one ; Charlie is trying to stir the POT .
beerchug.gif
beer2.gif

Jeff - are you still in church? I need help. I'm getting beat up here.

Wayne - sorry I'm not convincing enough for you and now boring you. I actually think there is some value to this determination.

Charlie - are all 11 you checked from the 1x8/9 series? I agree it doesn't make sense that it would be welded, but I've seen at least 2, Dennis has one and Jeff has 2. I can't believe that PO's welded a 3/8" tip on all these various units?? It has to be IH.

I don't see the Correct Police going around to crawl under Cub Cadets in the near future to check bent vs. welded any time soon. As far as "value", I don't really see the value but that's just me. I think the "If it "works" don't "fix it"" applies here. Mine work and I don't really care. FWIW I've seen both.

OK, Harry, this is for you to take your mind off the lift rods:
251356.jpg
1AA_dance2.gif
happy.gif

I looked at my 128 lift arm and it had a bent thingy on the end.It is worn also,so it looks original to me.My 1200 has the same thingy also.

I wonder why the 582 and 682 have a roll pin in there instead?
1a_scratchhead.gif

BTW Don T,

The 149 I have has Reflecto-light bases with a wire soldered to it,The newer Bargman ones I have,you strip the wire and insert it into the hole in the back.

Daniel,

Nice pictures of the snow removal process.

greenthumb.gif

Frank C,
I will be coming to Maine...hide the cubs...

My boy and I took my grandpas 72 that I brought back to life out for a spin today. If the wife would let me get a snowblower for the tractor, I will be set, Because have had about 15 Inches of the white in the past week!
251362.jpg

Art: Not sleeved - going a different route. Sending crank to Dave Kirk for balancing and possible turning, then I'm going to put the whole thing back together with new STD piston and rings, put it back in the tractor next spring/summer with a new hour meter (not an IH maintenence minder), and run it the rest of my life. Putting my money where my mouth is, I'm not quite at $400 into this now, so figure I can comfortably put another $600 into it and still be within the $1000 minimum for a new box store tractor. Let's see if I can find a pic of the 50" deck that came with it:
251360.jpg
happy.gif

Frank-

That's great news! You'll be fine I'm sure. What would life be without gambles.

Keep the pics coming!

Latest posts

Back