• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 24, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're low beams from a four headlight '88 Chevy Silverado .. I've always thought they looked like they were made for the 129 ... I cut the holes in the original grille blockoff plate to the size of the bulbs and just use a simple spring loaded bail on the back side to hold 'em in. I think I've replaced bulbs twice in about 16 years.
thumbsup.gif

47511.jpg

Here's a little closer picture

<font color="ff0000"><font face="times new roman,times,roman"><font size="+2">Merry Christmas, Hapy New Year, IH Forever!!!
beerchug.gif
</font></font></font>
Oh yeah, I finally got the triple ribs from MEMiller Tire this mornin, guess I was good this year...

Merry Christmas everyone.

My 105, with a fresh rebuilt motor, seems to be really lacking in power. It starts up and idles ok, but it just lugs real hard under any load - even free-reving. I have replaced the entire ignition system, checked timing, both with a feeler gauge and a light (20 btdc), reset valve clearance, swapped carbs with my 104, even verified cam/crank timing. Compression is good.

I haven't tried it yet, maybe this weekend, but I am wondering if the hydro could be in a state of disrepair and just pulling down the motor? I am thinking of unbolting the motor, sliding it forward enough to get off the trans coupling, and seeing if it will free-rev at all..

Has anybody ever had or heard of this happening, or is there maybe something else engine-wise I am missing? TIA.

Torin -

What Ken said. Ya checked everything but the guv'nor...

<font face="courier new,courier"><font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">Merry Christmas</font></font></font>
I hope that you all get to sleep in and have visions of Cubbie's dancing in your dreams.
happy.gif

I for one am watching the kids cover the floor with paper and going Oh wow a lot.

May the new comming year bring you all health and happiness.

Merry Christmas from NY

and I may be breaking forum protocols here, but...

47520.jpg
47521.jpg

Man, I wish there was snow on the ground... It's 50 degrees!!! !@#$$$@!@

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+2">Merry Christmas </font></font><font color="000000">and a </font><font color="119911"><font size="+2">Happy New Year.</font></font><font color="000000">

This little Gannon is getting a work out these days. Burried my irrigation ditch and this cub gets in places I can't with my big tractor.

47527.jpg

</font>

I hope everyone is having a <font color="ff0000">Merry Christmas</font>
And I want to thank EVERYONE for making the forum a fun place to be AGAIN!
47529.gif

i figured i'd give a better picture of this. This is what the thrower and tractor look like now after all the summer work. Thx again for the pulley charlie, i just now need sum snow to test it in.
beer2.gif

a
48791.jpg

Ok, Thanks Ken and Bryan. That is one place I will check. Although it sounds like the engine is being pulled down under load, as opposed to just being RPM limited by the governor, I won't rule out anything at this point.

Got Ken Updike's yellow book for Christmas.. life is good.

Torin - "sounds like the engine is being pulled down under load" - Do you know how / why a gov works?

Hope y'all had a Merry Christmas....

I just noticed THREE Originals, posted on that greedy auction site..... Only ONE has any bids.... They are all set to end in 12 hours or less......

Just a Heads up as I am too poor to even THINK about it right now......

Latest posts

Back