• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 24, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbergh

displayname
Thad Bergh
Thanks but i am just goeing to start the restoration on my 1966 cub cadet 122 i am new at this so give me a break
thanks thad

I am servicing a 128 for a friend. The Tranny fluid has not been changed for many years. The manual says Hytran or 30wt motor oil. Have any of you used the 30wt and does it seem to be OK? Thanks

i really need to know what color/ part 3 to paint my 1966 cub cadet 122 and by the way their is no grass showing their is 2.5' of snow and i am going to be starting on my first cub cadet restoration
thanks thad

Just a note to say Thanks to Charlie and everyone else involved in making this site available!! Hope every one has a <font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">MERRY CHRISTMAS!!</font></font>

sorry about my post about the color/part # eyes were faling me for a second
thanks thad

<font size="-2">I may regret this... nah...</font>

Thad -

You're new to what? English? I can't count how many times Charlie PATIENTLY told you EXACTLY what you need to know and yet you STILL come here asking the same question. We can't do much more for you but to come over there and paint the GD thing ourselves.

It may be Christmas, but you're surely testing the patience of just about everyone here.

David G.-

I have used 30 wt. before with no problems, just don't use it in a hydro.
happy.gif
If the tractor is stored outside though, I'd use hytran because it deals with water better than motor oil does. It'll make clumps that sink to the bottom instead of rusting things inside the transmission, although enough water will still screw things up even if you have hytran. I should have taken a picture of the inside of my original's transaxle. It's a mess.

sorry you guys i didn't mean to drive you guys crazy and anyway i found the paper i wrote it on and also any info on cub cadet restoration would be appreated and by the way anyone know if any companies sell a three point hitch and sleve hitch adapter for a narrow frame 1966 cub cadet 122
thanks thad

Mitch,

No, this happens to be a K301 I'm overhauling for Kraig M. Both the rod and piston are non-Kohler, aftermarket parts. This failure was caused by metal fatigue. The oil return holes in the oil ring groove were cast-in square ports with sharp corners. Crack formed and propagated from one of these corners and eventually worked its way around the piston. It's considered a "soft" failure - piston fails and the engine gently coasts to a stop.

I hope everyone has a <font color="ff0000">M</font><font color="119911">e</font><font color="ff0000">r</font><font color="119911">r</font><font color="ff0000">y </font><font color="119911">C</font><font color="ff0000">h</font><font color="119911">r</font><font color="ff0000">i</font><font color="119911">s</font><font color="ff0000">t</font><font color="119911">m</font><font color="ff0000">a</font><font color="119911">s</font>
ihrotate.gif

Is that all you need to do to have the QA42A thrower to work on an 82 series is to change out the straight links for the curved links?

Tedd - straighten up son, yer speilleng iz showin a higher than normal alky content

Mari Cripitz ann Hapee Nu Bere

Man Ben-Hur was a l-o-n-g movie !

Jim,
If you may have to change the pulley also. Older wide frames use a 1/2 inch and the 82 series uses 5/8 inch.

Merry Christmas from Michigan..
47508.jpg
Rudolph and the Cub have been lookin' for signs of a White Christmas all day.
Beautiful sky, sunny all day, 40+ degrees, no sign of snow.
Santa better get the wheels ready for the sleigh.

Kendell, what are you using for headlights in that 129, they aren't 4x6 auto headlamps are they?

Back