• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 23, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

proessler

displayname
Paul W.Roessler
Melody, the IH 169 had either manual & hydraulic lift according to parts lookup. I remember discussion here (?) that factory ran out of some part or parts to do hyd. lift & used non-stanard manual lift to finish 169's. Dealer would/could do hyd.lift upgrade when parts became available.

Paul, Thanks for the response. I, like you, just missed out on a 169. Oh well the garage is full anyways. Merry Christmas!

Melody, My 169 had armstrong lift when I bought it..I converted it to hydralic lift..From what I can find, they were all supposed to have hydralic lift like the 149. But a problem with the supplier caused many to leave the factory with armstrong lift ..Some got hydralic when parts were available and some didn't.. In January 1975 a service bulletin was issued asking the dealers to replace at no cost to the owner the armstrong lift to the hyd. lift..It says nothing about the factory supplying the part for free so I am guessing the dealer didn't push it on the customer because it was money out of thier pocket..Most of the ones I have seen had armstrong lift originally..And from what I can find the 169 was only made in the Summer and Fall of 1974..

Thank you Kevin, I thought I remembered reading that they didn't have enough hydralic lifts. And the tractor was only produced at the end of that series.

Kevin, You did a real nice job on your 169 and snowthrower.

Marlin H, Your assumption of starting with the basics is absolutely spot on. I do appreciate the replies. I've printed the manual and will study it thoroughly before attempting any repairs! This tractor is intended to be used for gardening (ie, plowing, harrowing, discing, etc). I don't know how to better explain what the issue is other than the power seems not to get to the ground. Hows that for vague? LOL, i'm not trying to poke fun at any of you; it's obvious you're all much more knowledgeable than i with regard to these tractors. I'll keep learning though and i hope you'll all keep helping me. Thanks.

Merry Christmas and thanks to the administrators and everyone on the forum for helping me through another year with my cub cadets.
Luther Hinds

MARLIN - You & I are allowed to be "GRUMPY".... Somebody has to take the place of Kentucky KEN, the REAL GRUMP!

MIKE P. - I heard a rumor over on the RPM site that Case/IH/NH may be thinking about discontinuing the Low Ash oil. So BUY LOTS!

I'll be honest and admit that I don't use it but My Dad switched to it after using whatever was cheap at Farm & Fleet years ago in his fleet of rather high hour CC's that most used some oil and a couple used a LOT of oil. The tractors that used some oil almost stopped using oil and the really tired tractors reduced oil use a LOT.

I read an article in RPM almost a year ago by "The TRACTOR DOCTOR", a retired IH mechanic up around OshKosh, WI. who is writing some great articles for RPM the last couple years. Someone brought him a 169 or 1650 that was running bad. He pulled the engine apart and the exh valve stem was coated in a hard black carbon layer that was making the exh. valve stick when the engine got warm. I've seen this carbon on several engines of mine I've rebuilt too. The Low Ash oil not only prevents this carbon build up but with extended use removes the carbon and frees up the exh valves so they don't stick. That was the problem IH was having with the high HP 6-cylinder tractor engines back in the early 1960's when they developed that oil.

Will be going "Over the river and through the woods" soon. Have a great Christmas everyone!

Hey Kraig, How about the Three Wise men pic. Tis the season you know. I can't find it.

Here's my same old Christmas Card - you've seen it before. Thank you for your support over the past year. Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

233708.jpg

Dave Kirk
Kirk Engines, Inc.

Has anyone seen or have pics of the new seat from Cub Cadet OEM# 759-3148
Thanks

Anthony P.
233710.jpg

The seat can not be bought from Cub Cadet/MTD/CCC.
Those seats are a special made/order just for CNH.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL YOU GOOD FOLKS!

AND MAY YOU ALL HAVE A GOOD CUB'N NEW YEAR

Charlie is that the Cub Cadet seat that you put in the pic? That part # that I gave can be purchased, they have them available on partstree.com.

Latest posts

Back