• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 02, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back to square 1. Both pictures are at 42K or less but will not load. I will resize smaller and try again.

Last try for this morning.

32708.jpg

106 and 48" blade

32709.jpg

106, 65# each wheel & 130# on back

32710.jpg

one hill

32711.jpg

Other hill.

Just got done clearing off 4" of snow with the 1450. Hydraulic lift sure makes lifting that blade easy.
bouncy.gif

32713.jpg

I could'nt believe it when the 1450 and 125 started easily yesterday, but the 128 barely started and ran. Hydros must be trying to tell me something.
uhoh.gif

What type of fluid am I going to use in my rear tires? I am not sure. The local commercial tire dealer said the have fluid for commercial and tractor tires. I asked if they could do my Cub Cadet tires and they said they could. I will leave the fate of my tires in their hands. I am just hoping for the weight gain. I may have to go to a suitcase style weight if that doesn't help.

Paul,

The local tire shop will probably use calcium chloride (CaCL) in your tires. Most of us have been using washer fluid when we load them ourselves. 10.50 tires should hold about 6-7 gallons when filled to the valve stem for 50-60# of extra weight per tire.

Like I said before, CHAINS (especially the good 2 link style like you have) are the traction makers......the tire tread under the chains makes no difference on slick snow/ice. More weight will help, and I would add as much as I reasonably could, but in the end you still have a small 2wd tractor on a slippery steep slope....You will have to modify your plowing technique, I don't see any other solution.

I'm sharing your same thoughts about this winter. I'm about 3 hours north, near Peoria, IL, and we too are long overdue for some heavy snows........hope so, it's still VERY dry around here!!!!

All,

A fresh 1-1/2" of snow last night required some 782 fun after church this AM.......a cab and a thrower are the cat's a$$ for deep snow, but there is nothing more FUN than a big power angle blade in the lighter stuff!!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Steve,
Up here in Minnesnowta, they use Beet Juice in farm tires, Can you imagine flingin purple stuff down the street if you hit a nail!
biggrin.gif

I learned a little about liquid filled tires at a friends farm. We were making round bales. My job was to gather up 3 of the 2000lb - 8' tall round bails, put them on a wagon, take them to the barn and stack them inside. Well, the farm owner started yelling and waving from the enclosed cab tractor that he was driving. Finally, when I got close enough, he told me that I had a leaking tire. It took some time, but he was able to explain to me to shut down the tractor with the leak at the top. I couldn't figure out how he knew, but I realized that he could see fluid running down the side of the tire. Unfortuenatly, I am a city boy in training to be a country boy. It will be interestesting to have my little Cub Cadet tires filled like that.

Paul K,
It's gonna be interesting to you when that calcium chloride eats it's way through your wheels too. Seen it many many times and it's not a pretty site. One guy I know didn't repaint his wheels and didn't have tubes and put that crap in and 3 months later got himself a hefty fine for dumping toxic chemicals on the main street during a parade!

Paul

Try propylene glycol in the tires... Won't eat the tires, won't freeze, and is non-toxic... Look for the Sierra brand in your local prts store

Things are looking up for my Cub Cadet. I have made a connection to a guy that can really help me fix my hydro creep. Also, I just won a helper spring on Ebay! I just hope I can get it all together before it turns winter here.

Here's how the weather works in St. Louis. If your prepared for snow, you won't get any. If you haven't prepared you'll get 12" of snow and not be able to work on your equipment because of the snow.

Saturday I started adding some more insulation to the garage. Naturally, lots of stuff was moved from normal locations along the walls into a giant mess in the middle. Sunday morning I used the 147 with the blade to clear my drive, the block sidewalk, and neighbor's drive approaches. Only had about an inch of snow, so it was more of a tune-up trial and excuse than anything. I was working my way back home when I heard a real sickening WHOOOMP, and the engine went from around 3000 rpm to 0.00 rpm in a bazillionth of a second. I moved the release lever, pushed it (downhill) the half block home, then pulled it up the drive with the Jeep. I'd checked the oil (good) before starting, and when it popped, I had the blade up, just making the return trip up from the street. It had seemed to be running well. When I turn the pulley over by hand, the crank will rotate about 3/4 of the way in either direction before stopping. Pretty much the same behavior as the K-301 I pulled apart a couple of years ago to find the rod in about 14 pieces. I just hope the block isn't damaged. Right now, it's sitting in front of the garage, waiting for me to get some stuff moved out of the way before I can yank it apart. I have a used engine sitting on a shelf to go in it's place right now, but I'm curious to see the inside of this one. Really don't know why it happened.

Charlie
could be... I never paid too much attention...

SAY!
I was wondering if anyone felt like getting a good ole x-mas screwing on epay?
There's a guy selling IH Cub Cadet Grill Holders IE: Springs for $7.50 and he's only gonna charge you $5.00 shipping Parcel Post.
If you feel the need to get ripped off, feel free to email me and I'll send you the link! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Bruce, bummer! I fear that everytime I use my old #2 125. I have no idea how many hours are on it I bought it used in 1993. It had been owned by a large corporation they used it with a rotary broom to clear their sidewalks. It runs great but I still fear that some day it'll go before it shows the typical signs of needing a rebuild.

Ok guys need your help again. What size and or type of pin is it that goes through the shifter lever connecting the lever to the shift yoke inside the creeper? Darn thing fell out again! Expecting 4 inches of snow tomorrow and my dealer is closed this week.

Todd, looks like there are 2- 3/16" diameter spirol pins in there, a 1" long one and a 3/4" long one.

32719.jpg

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on December 05, 2005)

Kraig- This isn't one of the roll pins that goes through any of the gears. The shift lever goes through the shift yoke and is attached to the yoke with this pin. This pin is not shown in the diagram you posted or any other doc I have. When I pulled the oil drain plug the pins fell right out into a bowl to catch the oil. I didn't have time yesterday to examine the pin, but think it is solid. Maybe I can make one if I new the dimensions.

Todd, is it the part labelled as "pin" in this cutaway view? If so I believe it is one of the spirol pins listed in the parts diagram I posted as it is associated with the lever. Note that there are 2 pins shown in the cutaway view, these are the 1" and 3/4" coiled springs, aka "Spirol" pins.

32721.jpg

Kraig- That's the one! It looked solid because it seemed to be rubbing against the part number 10 in your previous posting. Would you happen to know the length of it? Ande is suspost to ride up in the grove of part number 10 like it was?

Latest posts

Back