• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 23, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fcurrier

displayname
Frank A. Currier(Northern Maine)
What have I got, here? (besides a 123 grille):
183038.jpg

It's either stainless or chromed. I'm leaning toward chromed. It's classier than the other ones I have here, so it's made me curious.

The same thing Charlie had a couple years ago...part of a shopping cart used a a front grill?
I believe the rest was used to make the top of a large BBQ grill.
shame.gif

i need some opinions, is this what this cab is supposto go on? if not what does it fit?
183041.jpg

Matt,
Only guessing here but I would say it goes on a garden tractor
crazy.gif

Responding to Rob's post. This was my first snowthrower project. Before and after etc. had fun and learned a lot. Appreciate tips from all the archive discussions and faq upgrades!!! Thanks to all... hopefully some more action pics later...

183047.jpg

183048.jpg

183049.jpg

thats what i was hoping, its on CL for a fair price and was hoping it would fit one of my IH cubs... anyone else got some input on this?

Whats in your Cub Library?
besides the obvious owners/service manuals for a specific model Cub what other books/publications do you consider MUST HAVES in your collection?I'm looking to build my own Cub resource library and sure could use some help in just what I should be getting

What unconventional repairs/upgrades have you made to your Cubs?I'm not talking V6 engines here but those upgrades like the trick of using a wheel bearing to fix the steering column etc.What little improvements have you found for repairing a Cub to better than factory specs have you come up with?lets include things like"other brand"parts or products that you find are better or more cost friendly than Cub parts like tie rod ends from Grainger etc.There are a lot of us new guys that haven't had the benefit of learning these tricks yet include as much info as possible regarding the process,parts used,part numbers if you have them and suppliers.I think a tech thread that groups this info all in one place could help all us new guys a great deal.

Leon go to the faq then click on charlies faq. a bunch of what your looking for there.

Leon Renaud

If I were you I would look at CC Specialties and just browse his parts and see what is there.Tie rods and there is a bearing for in the steering tube at the top and super steer up grade and many others all there for you to look at the pictures and get your CC card ready.There is a lot that can be done when you have something to start with lol
greenthumb.gif

Merry Christmas to all and a great new year
lurking.gif
coffee.gif

Merry Christmas Everyone. I have a Question to ask last night I started the 109 up and oil is pouring out of the muffler it seems to still run okay is this a broken ring or worse?

Willis Hecht (Whecht)
Check out the breather and see if its working. my .02
1a_scratchhead.gif

My 105 charging system is wacked.. sometimes it runs and charges great, other times it peggs and if I do not catch it in time, the battery boils... I have stopped using it as I feel it is extremely unsafe... any ideas as to what this problem is? At this point, the battery seems to be junk... so I know I need a new one. anything else I should replace? I replaced all electrical parts about a year ago... UGH!!!

Thanks Don I will check that when I get home First I will have to find out where it is I looked on the koler manual i have but could not seem to find it.

Kevin P.
Sounds like a bad voltage regulator.
You might try taking the cover off and cleaning up the contacts. That sometimes straightens them out, but not to often.
It kinda depends on how long it's been trying to fry itself.

Can anyone tell me where the breather is on a K321. I would be Very Greatful

JERRY M. - re: frt tires on the 800 You found; There are 5.70 X 8 tires available that can be squeezed onto the narrow rims for the 4.80 tires. They would seem bigger than the 4.80's and smaller than the 6.50's.

The wider tires were an option. I imagine that 42" deck was a load for that little K181.

Back