• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 23, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kurt,

Congrats on the new tool box......nothing brightens up a shop (and it's owner's smile) like a shiney new tool box!!!!!!

Zak- My gut-feeling is that the screamin' shroud sound was a pre-existing condition... that the previous owner went lookin' for it, using a pair of tin-snips rathern' lifting the motor out, and decided to give up.

If yours was bolted together like mine, there'll be four bolts with either 7/16" or 1/2" hex heads (don't remember)... two up by the cylinders (one probably holding the ignition coil), and two down at the bottom. pull it off, don't be surprised if all kinds'a junk falls out... and then look for metal that's been scraped shiny. Also look under the flange of the flywheel (between flywheel and block). You might find stuff wedged in there, and you may even hafta pop the flywheel off to get it out, but try to drag it out with a coathanger first.

Keith- I know you know what I meant... it was an old Engineering professor (the kind that really WAS an engineer before becoming a professor) that gig'd me for that once. Something about the significant-digit identifying an acceptable order-of-magnitude for round-off... where with 0.02, you could round 0.025 either up, or down, while with 0.020, you could only round up or down at 0.0205. I think that might've been the only explanation of notational math that was ever sensibly applied in my stay there- the rest was done by theorists, not practicioners. I figured it out well enough to pass, but they sure could've done a better job. :-}

IIRC, plug gap (which was one of the original subjects) should actually be more like 0.028". Whoever suggested replacing the Champion with something ELSE (like an AC-Delco, etc), I'll second that opinion- I've had Three Champion plugs fail on me in the last two summers- two suffered crimp failures and spit the core out on me, and one had a failed O-ring in the same crimp... all three were on different engines, none were IHCCs, but I've been told that the brand is known for that antic.

Ryobi......18v One+ system, sold by Home Depot. With batteries and charger it ends up being about $135.

steve, i am a mechanic by trade. i have at work a dewalt 3/8 cordless and its the best tool in my toolbox so i am sure that 1/4 inch is going to be the cats a$$. i don't use any of my air tools anymore!

Mike,

I have used the Snap-On 3/8" cordless impacts....VERY nice!!!!

The thing I like about this one is that for about 1/3 to 1/2 the $$$ of a 3/8" you get an honest 70 ftlb of torque......perfect for 5/16", 3/8", and 1/2" fasteners found on our Cubs......not so much hit that you have to worry about twisting them off, or "short stroking" the impact to try and guess at "enough for that small fastener".

Can't wait to turn that 102 into a pieces with it!!!!

S<font size="-2">M</font>U<font size="-2">A</font>B<font size="-2">C</font>L<font size="-2">H</font>I<font size="-2">I</font>M<font size="-2">N</font>I<font size="-2">E</font>NAL S<font size="-2">S</font>U<font size="-2">H</font>G<font size="-2">O</font>G<font size="-2">P</font>E<font size="-2">!</font>S<font size="-2">!</font>TION

Bryan's freakin again.

<font size="-2">snicker snicker snicker</font>

(Message edited by kweaver on December 27, 2004)

This is a test of the Bryan alert system........this is only a test......

35 min response time...pretty good Bryan.

...as I typed that, I thought "Bryan will probably think this is *on the line* and maybe I should redirect the thread over to the Machine Shop".......but figured it would be over in 1 or 2 posts, so didn't go thru the trouble of re-directing.......oops
happy.gif

SB -

Considering I have to work and am stuck with the boss here all week, yeah, half an hour or so ain't bad
lol.gif

So what should I call the thread over there? SB Impacts His Nuts For Christmas?
roflol.gif

Just kidding - you're right, it's only a couple posts and not completely OT. Just wanted to be sure everyone knew we were paying attantion...

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Just wanted to be sure everyone knew we were paying attantion...<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

so is the Spallin Ploice !
happy.gif

Well, I'm so broke I can't afford to pay attention
wink.gif
Or attantion, even.

Can'tcha type looking over your shoulder ?

Yes boss <strike>man</strike> person I'z werking I'z werkin boss

Ken -

Naw, if I looked over my shoulder I'd be nose to nose with my boss most times. Talk about someone prone to micromanagement...

Good thing it's lunchtime...

Steve...Ya know "short strokin'" does'nt sound dirty when you say it....
joker.gif

Kurt,

It only took Bryan 35 min. to correct me....and it takes you 5 hours to comment on a phrase that was an obvious target....man you're slippin'!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

782's all dressed up for snow.......with only dry brown grass to stare at out the shed window......it looks sad just sitting there
sad.gif

Belated Merry Christmas to all!

No Cub goodies for Christmas, but I did get a nice framed print of a Farmall H, so it wasn't a total loss tractor-wise, I guess.

Question for those of you who have IH pushmowers (Charlie, Terry T., and any others, please feel free to respond). A couple months back, I bought one of these mowers, a model 3311, Lawn-Boy made, non-self propelled. The mower is pretty well complete except that it came without a handle. I thought at first, no problem, I can use a standard Lawn-Boy handle with it - BUT (and that's a mighty big word for only 3 letters), apparently the original handle was not the same as a regular Lawn-Boy handle. Looks like the regular handle will work on the left side, where the bracket is pretty well standard (see picture)
24431.jpg

but on the right side, there's no top "hook" for the handle to press against as you're pushing the mower.
24432.jpg

The RH bracket doesn't appear to have been modified, but looks like it was made this way. Does anybody have a picture of the handle/bracket areas of these mowers so I can see what I'm missing? Also, if the regular handle is indeed different from a standard Lawn-Boy handle, does anybody know where I can find one? Are parts for these still available from Cub Cadet and/or Lawn-Boy?
TIA for any input!

Sorry it took so long Steve but I thought the others would surely beat me to it....
P.S. Don't call me Shirley....
Can't wait to see picks of the ole girl {782}
in her winter dress...Miss seeing her in the garage...But the 169 and the 149 are filling it nicely....
The 16 is completely dis-assembled and ready to go to the machine shop for some "minor surgery"
Bore is still stock but the crank was 10 under...
Makes me wonder what the P.O. did before...
eek.gif

Cylinder walls were in nice shape and no boring will be needed if the cyl.is not egg shaped
thumbsup.gif

Now just trying to figure out if it should be stock or a "Dave K" Hot Rod??
More to follow

Kenny M,
Since I'm to lazy to go out and take pics, I've posted some manual pics in the sandbox for ya. Don't wanna PO the B&B guys ya know, grin

Kurt R., Hot Rod it! Don't miss this perfect opportunity. I built mine up during the winter and by spring it was running in the tractor.

Kenny M., those handle brackets are standard Lawn Boy with nothing broken or modified. I don't see why a Lawn Boy handle wouldn't work perfectly.

Back