• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 21, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 Link Chains on ANY style tire & lots of weight are the only way to make these size machines really effective in the snow/ice...everything else (weight alone, ags alone, 4 link chains, ATV tires, etc.) is just a version of second place in the snow removal world.

You may have good reasons for what you run, but 2 link chains and weight are KING.

Art, Nice pics of the snowing blowing! I am guessing you are very careful with the chains and your ashpalt.

I pushed snow yesterday with my 122 and 42" blade. Amazing what that thing will do! If I had chains on I probably would have pushed all the snow to the back of my 2 acres... But I do not want to scratch my asphalt, so until I need them they are hanging on a nail.

Sorry no action shots, everyone else thought it was too cold to come outside.

My 122 has fluid filled 8.5" Firestone Ags, 50lbs of weights on each, 60lb of weight under the seat, 40 pounds hanging off the back, and me-another 230lbs. When I found the icy spots it certainly stopped, and I thought if I only put on Chains... The 3.5x8 tri-ribs on the front seem to work much better than anything I have used in the past.

Steve, I agree !!!!!

If my driveway was not asphalt I would definitely have chains on!

I only plow down my driveway, so far I have been lucky enough to get up to the road and push the snow down and away from my house, but its just a matter of time...

Rob:
Cam timing off ----reallllly??
coffee.gif

Last winter, First of Dec. Wife & I were away for the weekend. Son was minding the place. First snow storm of the year blew in. Son got the Super H & loader out, just the 40" wide bucket and no chains. He couldn't even DRIVE up the slope in Our driveway let alone PUSH anything up it. When Wife & I got home, Son & I dropped the bucket and put the blade on, put on the chains, and then I could push an 80" wide strip of snow 18" tall up the driveway on ice. I've got a concrete driveway, Yes it has scratches, but they disappear after a couple years...It's also got black marks on it that don't disappear. And it's got cracks, and chips, and spalling.

Concrete does that.

Roger Munro (Rmunro) 11,12,13 run from hydro handle at the bottom and fit in slot on part # 6. the pin wears( used to put tractor in neutral when brake is applied). Item # 8 ( plastic bushing ) aligns part #7 , #1 # 6 .With this worn allows a lot of slop and binding.hope you understand this. later Don T

Did some more painting today! I think they look pretty good, i got a box of stuff to take to my buddies gurage and sandblast tomarrow, ill post pics then.
111845.jpg

111846.jpg

111847.jpg

111848.jpg

whats the original tire size for the 100, my tires are outside in the shed which loomes at a wopping 5 degrees, not counting wind chill! but if no one answers, i guess i shall boldly go!

Ken

Yes as shoking as it sounds it was off a tooth ... What gets me is that it ran great at 1/2 throttle or lower... go figure!!!!!

Back