Archive through December 19, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has been snowing here for an hour now, nothing super heavy yet. Went out and made sure the 1450/QA42A were all set and ready to go. They already shut most everything down and I may not have to go into work. So hopefully plenty of seat time on the cub. Also got the snow tires on the go kart, should be fun to see what the neighbors think of my "toys" lol

MIKE - After comparing Richard's pic to your's and mine, I say screw it.... Lets move down to FLORIDA with Richard & Gerry.

I peeked out the garage door about 15 minutes ago, looks like 6, maybe 8 inches since about 8 PM last night and still snowing and the winds are picking up. Looking at the weather channel radar it looks like IL is having all rain, just WI & central Iowa are getting snow. Like Joseph said, the list of schools still open today would be a whole lot shorter than the one's that are closed. Even Madison Public schools and Lake Mills schools that NEVER close for snow are closed today.

Our Governor declared the state a "Dissaster Area" last night so more emergency resources could be made available if needed. We're still in a long narrow band that's supposed to see 15 inches total from this storm.

Out my door just 1/2 hr ago and still coming down.
Guess WalMart will have to do w/o their soft lines manager this AM!!

250795.jpg

Denny, sometimes I feel like that! When we lived in New Mexico I would be thrilled to see an inch of snow! LOL.. Now? I just shiver and hope it passes us by....

Harry, I can guarantee you that there is a nice 36" wide path along the neighbors sidewalk on both sides of me. I even do the apron to the driveway and once the car is out of the way I go over and clear more of the driveway. The guy next door and I are both heart attack survivors so I try to limit our shovel time!
angel.gif

Those are trash bags awaiting pickup by the contractor.

And I haven't even started any work on the 169 with qa42... a couple of Originals need to have their fate decided and the 34 Ford is already coming apart for a new stroker motor. Too many projects with to little time.
biggrin.gif

I just got in from clearing the driveway and sidewalks. The snowthrower worked pretty good other than the snow bein very wet n heavy it still threw it far enough for me. Id say we got 6-8" right now and still snowing. I now know first hand how much those throwers like hp. But for my first time I only plugged it once lol. I know I shouldn't have run the1200 but I had sone clean up to do with the blade and it actualy surprised me how much it did. I pushed what the city truck left off to the sides of the driveway apron so when they come by again hopefully the amount dumped at the end wont be as much.

Harry&Dave,
Thanks for the advice on ole Smokey.This 16hp has been bored .010 with new piston&rings.I checked the rings the only way you can check them.In the cylinder and with a feeler gauge.I have overhauled many,many Kolhers over the years,but I have never had one smoke like this when you first start it.It has so much oil on the piston that it runs rough until it clears the oil.Runs fine when it quits smoking.I haven't checked the breather yet but will and will report back.Dan

Joe S., tossin snow with the thrower is one of my favorite tasks with the CC. If it wasn't for the cold... just sayin'.. :)

Dan M., If there's that much oil up top I'd look at the intake valve guide : valve stem clearance. In addition to the breather holding oil back, oil may be getting past the stem.

Daniel May,

Check to see that the rings are on the piston right side up, and check for cylinder taper...

All rain in Peoria so far....snow should be here this afternoon, but only 1-4" for the afternoon and evening........it will no doubt be heavy and wet if it starts out as rain.........

Now the only question is 982S with 54" Haban, or 782 with Super QA-42?????????
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Good morning, All. Yesterday, I installed tne "new" QA 42 onto the Keepsake 1650 since I would have hydraulic lift and the snowthrower will now fit both the 125 and a wideframe. I made a temporary lift rod since I still had to mount the blade on the 125. It's a good thing that I did since we awakened to blowing snow and a strong wind. We have 2 to 3 foot drifts that make it impossible to get out of the driveway until the wind stops. Hopefully when that happens I can get some pictures of the surroundings. I got the QA42 too late to do a complete teardown and repaint so next summer it gets "the works" done to it.

As I'll be moving snow later on I'll probably be thinking about and this song... CLICK HERE.

Everyone be safe and warm today. Catch y'all later...
happy.gif

Went outside this morning around 7:30 to find around 6-8 inches with 1-2 ft snowdrifts in places. Started with the 102 and blade, got some moved with that. Next got the 169 out and attempted throwing some snow. It worked OK for a few passes till I got to the previously blown snow. It's so wet that it just balled up in front of the auger. The ground was not froze before the storm so there is about 1" of slush underneath the snow, making it all wt and heavy. I'll most likely leave the rest for my Grandpa to push with the loader.

Quincy, Il. currently rain has changed to horizontal snow, thunder (probably lightning too but can't see it for the whiteout conditions) power has been off and on (currently off). Everybody be safe!

Going to be wet sloppy snow on the bottom.Better use the blade but easy on the lawn.
happy.gif

Ryan: Ptetty much he same thing here too. QA42 is all but worthless. Smoked the belt and plugged it up right outta the box!! All it would do is puke the slush up into the chute and plug it. Exhaust blowing on it robably didn't help either.

So, I broke out the 1200 w/the blade and made a few passes. Had to keep down pressure on it though to keep it on the ground and under the packed stuff. Worked ok till, on one pass, I noticed the lower 1/2 of an ISO mount laying where I had just plowed and the washer not far from it. Back in the shop now thawing off and drying out.

Dave S.

David - Last year while using "ramming speed" to push back the previous snow's piles, I lost one bolt and promptly broke the other holding the rag joint together... as far from the garage as I can get on my property. As the driveshaft slowed down its wild erratic spinning it took out one of the hydraulic lines. That was a fun day.
bash.gif

Well, all I can say is you guys wished for it, and I told you it was coming. You guys with the sloshy wet snow and plugged up throwers probably didn't check your 1x8/9 tail light lense numbers for me.

Marlin - great link, one of my favorite movies and the music is terrific.

Mike F - geez, only the neighbors on each side of you. The one across the street really needs the help. And as for the time, well, you probably should get rid of the 34 Ford and just concentrate on the tractors. I'll tell my son to get his trailer ready - just let me know a good time.

The windchill here today is 26 and the wind is blowin 40 mph.

On topic the Interstate battery on my 122 snow mover is starting to let go, it's less about a year old.

Did someone say "Ramming speed"????

250829.jpg

Who couldn't use a Spaceballs quote every now and then?!?!?!?!?!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Latest posts

Back