• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 19, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thank you dennis and merry cubby christmas, i thought it was worth a shot to ask. the rebuild will not be in time for tomorrows storm [ and wednsdays so i'll be contracting out the driveway [ come on wife PUSH that shovel!!!]cubby looks very desolate sitting out there in the middle of the driveway but i'm sure his memories of past deeds have it resting well. now more to the point. i know this is not the classified but does someone have a replacement close to s.w. mass?. i promis to take all pics and document the rebuild for posterity and instructional value in case i do it wrong and as a forwarning... DON"T do this lol ... he's a proud cubby 1965 - 2008 RIP [rachets immensly productive]

Hi All, Got a good six hours in on the 1450 last night with the blade.....had a few issues at the start though, as the battery (which i charged through the day)did not hold a charge, so had to do a swap with the one from the 1200, and i still had to give it a boost......lucky i have one of those battery booster packs.....

STEPHEN - These little Kohlers are easy to rebuild. Not many parts at all to them. You really don't need many special tools. There's a link in the FAQ's to free prints of the latest edition of the Official Kohler K-series engine manual. Everything You need to know to rebuild Your 102's engine good as new. About the only thing special You'll need is a puller for the flywheel, a car engine harmonic balancer puller works, and a 3/8" torque wrench for tightening the head & rod cap bolts.

A good rebuild with OEM Kohler parts and all required machine work is around $350 to $400. You'll nned a piston which comes with rings, wrist pin & keepers, complete gasket kit, new connecting rod, and I'd replace the exhaust valve. If You haven't done a good tune-up in a while it would be a good time to rebuild the carb, install new points & condensor, spark plug, and air filter. While You have the engine out it may also be wise to install a new clutch throw-out bearing, teaser spring, and maybe the clutch disc, and rebuild the PTO clutch.

An automotive or small engine machine shop can check the cylinder bore to determine what oversize piston You need, and measure Your crankshaft journal to see if You need it ground undersize which means You need an undersize rod.

I suspect Your 102's engine broke a connecting rod, common failure. Hope nothing else was damaged. If You rebuild it's engine, or hire someone to rebuild it Your 102 should last another 20-30 years. It won't get Your snow plowed this next week but it sounds like You have a plan figured out for that anyhow.
nutbags.gif

terry and kraig both of you were correct about qa36a 1st the roll pin had broke its a 1/4 inch by 1 1/2 inch and then my set screws also had backed out i put new ones in with locktite also lubed bearings and added some grease to the gear lube in the angle gear box all tested great. thanks to this to all and this site i am going to become a real cubber!!!

thanks again dennis, although i'm fully aware of the rebuild requirements and procedures a new/rebuilt engine in the area would work for me [not saying anything about the new fry pan for christmas soon to be upside my head!!] cubby is resting comfortably in my shed/canvas shop and the heat is on [2 propane heaters] now it's time to disembowel him and shake rattle and roll the tired old unit out , merry christmas to all and thanks digger for getting me back on the site

Tire chains... ok I think I have found about the cheapest place so far on tractortirechains.com I think i'm going to need all the help I can get so I'll get the 2 link ones for $57 a pair. My question is my tires are 23*8.5*12 and they only list widths of 9.50 and 10.50... will the chains for a 9.5 wide tires work ok with my 8.5's?

And I know its been a few days but wanted to say thanks to those who helped me figure out attaching my snow plow. I thought my QA was missing parts but once I released I needed to click it up and make sure the plow was seated in all the way it clicked right in. I dont beleive the users manual even says to pull the lever up. Guess they assume you already know how to use the QA. Now I just need some chains and some snow.

Well the 782 will live. Got it to run by trickling gas in the carb by hand. Can I blow air or somer gas-dry though the fuel pump to flush it out??? Know that the carb must come off for a cleaning. Good suction with hand over carb. Smokes like crazy wehen running, about choked us out.
Does anyone have anything good on the "stops motor smoke "additives???? Auto store has several to try.

Jerry B.
I've been told that if you check/clean/replace the breathers on the top of the engine, it sometimes helps stop the smoking issue. BUT, it could just be wore out like you too!
biggrin.gif

Charlie, this one is missing the seat. Nowhere to get lazy. Does Kohler let us dounload the manual for this motor? I see you don't deal much in red cubs. Will most likly need an engine kit. Found the gasket set for $70 Damn. You would think that this thing is green!!!

Snow snow snow..Wow we got dumped on the other day. Check it out. At this rate I'm going to have to start saving for a creeper and a snow thrower.

board-post.pl

board-post.pl

board-post.pl

Latest posts

Back