• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 18, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lip-
Glad you got it figured out. That's an interesting one.

Here are those rockshaft pictures anyway. It's not going to bend now....
happy.gif

111693.jpg

111694.jpg

JACK Underwood - Nobodys answered Your question yet. New plastic gas tank, I put one on a K321 (14 hp) I installed in a CC 72. If I remember right the fuel valve on the bottom of the tank is setup to take 1/4" rubber fuel hose. What I'd do is replace the metal fuel line completely with rubber, all You'll need are two small worm gear hose clamps, a foot of 1/4" rubber fuel line, and a hardware store fitting that goes from 1/8 Inch NPT male threads to install into the fuel inlet of the carb and the other end is 1/4" Hose Barb, fairly common fitting a good hardware store should have for a Dollar or two. I know what You paid for the tank, I got one a couple years ago, I know what they cost.... You don't need the sediment bulb either, I'd install an in-line fuel filter anywhere in the hose, another $2. Rubber fuel line isn't "Stock" or "OEM" to a 124, but then neither is the plastic fuel tank. Hope Your's fits under the hood better than Mine did. I had to buy another gas cap that was lower profile, sand off the top maybe 3/8" of the filler neck, and still rework the mounting brackets to be able to close the hood on My 72 with that new tank. I had only a 5 quart tank on the tractor before with a K241 (10 hp) and I had to gas up every 2 to 2-1/2 hours mowing. With the 14 HP it would have been every 1-1/2 to 2 hours. With the 8 quart tank I can run 2-1/2 to 3 hours now.

Charlie and Kraig...Big Thanks, went to NAPA, got the belt, snow thrower works like a charm...Thx again and we are getting yet more snow I already have about 18 inches on the ground and we are getting another 6-8 tonight with more on Sunday...This Cub is going to get a work out...

Andrew Coffey
Look at post on Oct-30-2008
or do search for popcorn tin.

Art - Thanks for the pic. I'll know what to watch for if I have this type problem again in the future. And I'll know it can be fixed. You're right - that sucker ain't gonna bend now!

I still don't have a welder (and only one welding job experience), but that's the kind of repair that would be good practice - out of sight, so how it works would be more important than how it looks, since I know they won't look good for a while!

Getting our share of the white stuff today and through the weekend.. May get up to a foot today. (I know, Charlie, that's just a "dusting"). Going to wait a while before getting the 129 out (As Steve said, wanna make it BARK!)

Tim K: Must be an echo in here... (I even gave him the time.....)
clappy.gif

KENDELL - First few flakes started here about Midnight, Weather-guessers said 7 inches by Daybreak and five more before it stops. Pretty windy too. I didn't clean the stuff from Tuesday yet, too darn cold to sit on 7000# of cold cast iron.... It's supposed to be 20-25 this afternoon.... I'll PLAY then.....and get ready for the Saturday night storm.
Shift.gif

I sure hope people like Steve B in central IL survive the ice they're supposed to get... I heard 3/4 to one inch of ice accumulation. Anything south of US Rt 30 was supposed to get ice.

Frank, thanks for the wieght tips! My dad used to smelt his own bullets when I was a kid and he has some very large bars sitting in his basement. I'd say they wiegh about 50# a piece. I thought they wieghed about a ton when I was a 8 year old! I will do that as soon as I get a chance! We are supposed to get up to 14 inches today and this evening and that is more than we've seen around here in a long time! Gonna get a lot of seat time this afternoon!!!!

Dennis:
I'm going to be watching the I-65 corridor (the entire length) for next weekend.....
111697.gif

Can't even get my hair cut today (the barber's kid's daycare is closed and it's not even really bad here yet)
bash.gif

Kendell, thats call re-plying to a post before reading to the top of the page.
Oh well as long as he's helped.

thanks for the help I did have a wire crossed the one that goes to the volt meter wrong side of switch I never thought that would do it but it must now just have to get the carb worked on I never did that so I think a pro would be better to easy for a novice to screw up. but atleast it will run with the choke on thanks for all the help. also I have my 72 with a now plow on it ready for this big snow but all we have in PA is a tenth of snow rest ICE can't plow ice maybe next time.

Andrew
I had homemade wheel weights on my tractor made out of cement with bols to attack them they looked ugly and to light for my use and they split way to easy I put a ad in my local paper that said wanted wheel weights to fit older cub cadet. I found about four people that had them the ones that I bought are made in three pieces one that fits in the wheel well and the other two pieces go on the oug side I love them had no problem with them so far well the problem I do have is they are heavy to put in but now I just leave them in. good luck if you make your own

KENDELL - Don't know how far down I-65 Your going but You get much farther south than Indy and they are "Snowplow Challenged". Stretch from about US 30 to Indy can get bad too....and they can get sizable snows too.

According to the local Doppler radar the snow should be slowing down and stopping soon. I'm heading to the shop to pre-flight the FARMALL. Just talked to My Buddy in Moline, IL and they didn't get hit too hard with freezing rain, sleet and snow but down around Peoria where Steve B lives it's supposed to be worse.

Denny
Only about .25-.5" of ice here in Quincy on top of the two inches of snow we had on Tues. I waited til this AM to plow and it came right off pretty easy. Looks like all my trees made it ok.
Still spitting tho.

Got 8"-10" here overnight and this am. The QA broke last late winter and never got arround to fixin' it. Boy my back hurts!!!! I'll be a fixin' soon.

My drive has about 3/4" of ice on it.....ice melt is eating through it right now, and it should be "loosened" up enough for the 782 and blade to peel off this evening. Ameren has ~35,000 customers off around Peoria and Bloomington. We lost power for a few hours last night, but are back on now.

Big Steve is still without power....

I'd have taken the 8" of snow.....

i got the first real snow 10 inchs to use my 128 with a qa36 on it for the first time, i am a new cub cadeter after a few swipes of blowing good something broke no time to check it i have to go to work my question, is there a shear pin? the drive shaft to chain spocket turns but chain and snd procket just free wheel. any suggestions?

Jeff, I believe that the sprocket on the drive shaft has a slot and key with a setscrew. It is very possible that you sheared the key. Check if the setscrew is loose and that may indicate that the key is sheared or missing (though I don't think it can throw the key out with the bearing housing on each side).

111699.jpg

Does anyone know if there is a difference between the rubber couplers in a 149 and a 1450. The parts look-up shows two different part numbers. I have a 149 coupler on the front and a 1450 coupler on the back and they look the same. Anyway, all the snow you guys got, we are getting it in rain. Tons of it. Backyard is flooded, creeks are starting to come over here and there. I have two different rivers running through the yard. And I think the snow and ice is on its way next. Gotta love it. Nick

Back