• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 18, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nick, I think the difference is that the 1450 version has a larger hole in the middle of it. I recall that Richard C. posted some photos of the difference some time back. Perhaps he'll repost them. (I'd search but I don't have time today, busy busy here at work.)

Nick H. Here is the difference, the older style were stronger but won't work on some places on the quietline series due to the center hole.

111701.jpg

It's snowing pretty hard here again, upto another 12inch is what they just said... Gotta Love the New England Weather...

Wow, both fast responses, thanks. I wasn't sure if the 1450 were thicker maybe. Cant figure out why the 1450 setup on my 149 seems too "short". I will order a 1450 coupler to lengthen it a little bit like you guys suggested. Thanks again, Nick

Just got in from 2 hours of snow cleanup with the 782. 8" of wet, heavy snow. Violently destroyed one belt, and the next one is on it's way out
angry.gif
. The Gates green belts have served me well, but this snowfall was just too much. I nearly burnt my finger on the thrower's input shaft pulley. Will the OEM belt last any longer than this (a couple of hours)? I'm gonna call up my local dealer and order a couple later today...

Matt, the belt on my QA42 is at least 16 years old if not the ORIGINAL belt! Even if it isn't the original belt it was many years old when I took ownership of it from my parents in 1992.

Kraig-

I never had any trouble with the 1450, but this M18 is a lot more powerful. Despite this, I almost stalled it a couple times. I've never heard an M18 BARK before, but now I know that it's a sound I like
happy.gif

I'm gonna give the OEM belts a try.

I am trying to find out exactly what I have. My goal is to mow my lawn with my tractor. Curently there is no mower deck with this tractor so I would need to find one, hence the need to know what I have.
Numbers found on tractor.
Motor: K161S 662101 Spec 28542E 7HP
Frame: 351530-R7 (cast in)
47218 (stamped in)
L2 (stamped in)
8 8 H (plate with three flat slot screws)

What year is this?
What Model?
What mower decks will work with it?
http://www.renaissanceracing.com/Albums/Cars/Pictures/OtherCars/slides/LawnTractorRear.html

Brennan, welcome!
groupwave.gif
That is the first model Cub Cadet what we all call an "Original".

47218 is the SN which places it as a November 1962 build. Hmmm your's is only a few away from the one I have which is SN: 47282.
happy.gif

The mower deck to look for is the 38" "timed deck". The 36" pin-on deck will also work but you'll need a bunch of other hard to find parts to make it work.

Latest posts

Back