• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 16, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stanner

displayname
Scott Tanner... Can't even see the Cub in this mess..
Fuzzy on momma

265631.jpg

Jax Lounging
265632.jpg

not sure what jax is doing to his step-sister..
265633.jpg

roly-poly jax-bert
265634.jpg

This late fall/early winter seems to be causing more cat naps than usual... I wonder if they know something we don't and have all decided to go into partial hibernation. Could we be in for a longer colder winter than typical?
icon_eek.gif

Jeff, well the triplets are enjoying their sun time, although it looks like Mittens is missing out..lol. They sure have grown up.!!

Kraig, well, that pic of Selah, makes me wanna lay down and take a cat nap..what a pic of purrfect perfection!!

and I agree with Mike about your long winter comment Kraig..bite your tongue and I hope it hurt..hahaha..

Ahh, Scott those are great pics of your furkids..What a sweet pic of Fuzzy snuggled with mom....and Jax under cover, ooo, its so comfy to be covered upI think Jax is simply giving his " sissy" a I love you touch..and I had to laugh with the stretched out pic of Jax..that is one long limo kitty..

thanks for sharing everyone.

I took vidoe of shadow dancing Annie this morning. Earlier she was sitting on her daddys lap and caught shadows of her head and was trying to attack those on his lap, which kind of made for a tense moment..lol. She never stops pursuing those darn shadows. She totaly cracks me up in the bathroom, when she attacks the sink with one paw on the front of the cupboard and the other on the side..doing double attack mode..it is hilarious to watch...she gets is such a
265640.gif
FRENZZZZYYYY.

Cath

My Snickers got her first grooming this morning along with her vet checkup...lots of matted fur on her back and hind quarters -- more than I wanted to deal with myself. Poor thing had to be anesthetized so it could all be done without trauma. She did very well, though... and I got to watch -- reminded me of shearing a sheep. She got a "line cut"... a short trim from the neck back. She's looking a bit strange now but will hopefully be more comfortable without all those matted clumps. Her claws were clipped nicely and her tail got a trim, too...it looks like a narrow electrical cord with a big lion's ball at the end, LOL. Hoping it'll all be worth it!
yummy.gif

suppose Snickers is to embarressed to have her pic taken?? I agree with the guys though that pics would be great? ummm, another hint, lol. I bet she feels naked..lol. I'm sure she does feel better though. I thought by her pic she looked like a short haired kitty..guess I was wrong about that. lol..my eyes seem to deceive me a LOT anymore..urrr.

cath

Mike, Kraig, Cathleen: I wanted to include a pic with my original post yesterday but Snickers wasn't up for that yet. Better luck today:

265680.jpg
265681.jpg

That doesn't look so bad. I envisioned something more like this:

265693.jpg

I should mention that I have no idea who this cat belongs to, it's just a photo I grabbed of the internet.

Me, too. "You said you were taking me in for a TRIM!"
happy.gif

She looks a bit naked compared to before...I was just a bit surprised at first. I do like it, though...and hopefully she'll be more comfortable!
happy.gif

Steve S., that's not as bad as I envisioned! And if "Snickers" is made more comfortable.. it's all good! Thanks for the pic btw..

Hi Steve, well I agree, Snickers doesnt look to bad. So, how did she get so matted? She looks like a short hair, so I am perplexed..sorry, its called the " FOG"...lol

Cath

that other that Kraig put up of a " shaved kitty"...that poor little one must have gotten a good look in the mirror...lol

Got home yesterday from taking Carolyn to work and found these two on the bed. Cuddles must not have known Pumpkin was even there or she would have been GONE!!! They don't get along too well!
Looks like my Cubs will get some snow time today!
265813.jpg

David, well awww, look at those blissfully sleeping kitties. Wonder if Cuddles awoke to Pumpkin laying along side, or did he sneak out before she awoke so not to traumatize her? lol

I got video yesterday of Marlin and Fancy on FANCY's cubby. He loves to ride. Now, I will have to figure out how to get it up here, or upload it somehow onto the comp so I can share it. Does anyone upload videos from their phone and can you tell me how you do it? I have vista home premium OS if that helps..any help would be really appreciated. I suppose I can read the directions...If I can manage the little type/font..urrr.

Cath

David S --Very nice kitty pics. I especially liked the one of BJ you posted a few weeks ago...just beautiful!

Cathy--The vet said some cats have a difficult time reaching certain areas when grooming themselves once they reach a certain size...I believe this was the problem with Snickers. Some of that is preventable with regular brushing, which I'll do from now on. Glad you like her trim!

ahhh, I see. We have kitties that dont like being brushed. I mean, they see the brush, or know I am going for it..somehow they read my mind..they end up missing in short order. Fancy is really the only one who likes to be brushed. Annie thinks she is being abused, and the other girls dont like it either ( Hannah and Tootsie) but thank goodness they see to keep themselves well groomed. Its so funny, the little quirks with kitties. No one likes their nails clipped and the only one I can do successfully is Fancy. I guess he goes with the flow with everything, well, the girls..they have amind of their own when it comes to being ' pampered'.?? lol. along while back when Tootsie got affliected with something awful on her skin and was losing it, I had to start giving her baths, and you know, she never really did throw a fit, and she had never had a bath so being about 6 or so at the time, she and I did very well. Now, mind you, she didnt like it, but she didnt draw pints of blood out of me..hahaha..Once I thought it would be easier to have Marlin help me? NOTTTTTT... better for us girls to do the dirty deed.

So, does Snickers like being brushed? just wondering.. good luck. I'm sure you'll all do fine now that you have the mats taken care of. doe she need a sweater for the winter.? we have one here that Fancy had, but never wore...well he kind of did, but when you put it on him, he would drop over like someone had shot him...hehehe.. He has his own carhart coat too, but that is still in the cupboard, but wondering if he would tolerate when he goes out, or for a ride, since he doestn have to walk in it? lol.. he would walk with it though..he just didnt like it though.

cath

Snickers is a bit hard to read on the brush thing. For example she might appear to love it (and can't get enough of it) then become annoyed all of a sudden. She loves to cuddle, though, especially when it's on her terms...she likes quality time rather than quantity. Momma kitty, on the other hand, is just the opposite. She's not a close cuddler but loves being in my lap all of the time.

Selah hates to be brushed, when the brush comes out he disappears faster than a turpentine cat. Tots likes it to a point. She likes to be brushed from her head down her back but is not so fond of having her tail, sides and belly brushed. Her long hair gets kind of gnarled up this time of year under her neck so we occasionally have to cut out some small clumps to get it freed up.

Latest posts

Back