• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 15, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VINCE - Think I could get enough of that slightly used TARP from the Twin-Cities to make a nice heat-houser for my big tractors?
rofl.gif

Vince, LOL I'd love to get a section of that teflon tarp!
lol.gif

If you guys check out the fire wood thread in the sandbox, you'll see my wood pile that has a used roadside billboard tarp covering it, those things are great!
I bought mine from those guys down in the cities too.
218110.jpg

Frank C.,
That MDM model is the same as what was "Shelter King". I know of a guy over on RS Wheel Horse site who has the round version garage type and now probably had it up now for about 6 years or so. He built a wood floor and anchored it to that floor. So far it's held up well for him. I actually did research a couple of years ago and found that Shelter King became MDM and that the product was made in China. Now I think MDM is Shelters of America (I think). Or at least it's the distributor now. Here are a couple of links to the RS threads on it:

Portable Garages

Portable Garages II

Be warned - a lot of red tractors.

Perhaps we should be posting all the tarp shed info in the "Sheds and Shops" thread in the sandbox.
dunno.gif

Terry, when/if I replace my little 10x10 tarp shed I've been contemplating erecting the replacement on a wood floor. I'd probably build the wood floor just like I did for my 10'x18' shed except it'd be sized for whatever size tarp shed I get, hopefully at least a 12x20 that way if I ever decide to build an actual shed the foundation would already be in place. Not sure if I need to get a permit for the foundation though.
1a_scratchhead.gif
I've always heard that it's easier to ask forgivingness than it is to ask permission...
angel.gif

218112.jpg

Is there any reason you can not use a muffler off one of the 10 or 12 HP engines on the 169. As long as you changed the mounting plate also will it fit or is the exhaust opening from the engine a bigger diameter.

Michael, I believe the standard 12/14hp muffler will fit. The 16hp muffler aka Quiet Kit also uses a different elbow out of the block than the 12/14 hp so you'd need that elbow to mount the 16hp muffler muffler. You'll need the standard 12/14 hp elbow to mount the standard muffler. Make sense?
dizzy.gif

Yes it does. I have a couple of non-running engines with the complete mufflers on them. I may buy a new elbow and use one of the older mufflers. Maybe not correct, but better than the straight one sticking out. If I used some type of short stack muffler, would it need additional bracing?

Back