• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 14, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brhodes

displayname
Bill Rhodes
Not sure if I have shared some of my other Cubs with you.

250451.jpg

250452.jpg

250453.jpg

OOPPSS.....

Try this again

250458.jpg

250459.jpg

Yellow dog had a hard day. He was a lot of help.

Nice looking cubs Bill.
Are the 107 and the Original sporting their factory paint?

25 years ago I had a machine shop make from brass a bushing 4"long with an ID of.255 and an OD of.440.I then cut off lenghts of 1/4" and press them in the top of the carbs to eliminate the play in the throttle shaft.Some carbs you have to unmelt and rebraze the lever.I still have 3/4" of it left.

Carb Throttle Shaft Bushings:
Go to your local hardware store and look for of Hillman #58087 bronze bushings. I keep a small stash in my parts bin at home. I think they're all of about $.20ea.

Harry, I have a hydraulic lift on my 126 that I use as my plow tractor. I didn't realize that wasn't an IH option. I guess ignorance is bliss.

Harry,
Thanks for your input on the hydraulic lift. It looks like my options are back to either rebuilding the stock actuator, or installing a newer ballscrew drive actuator. The box blade I have under consideration weighs about 120 lbs., so it’s not all that heavy, as I know some can be. The dethatcher I have weighs about the same too.
I have also considered using a spring assist, but I’d have to find the one that works on my model, and I’m not sure just how that all connects with the linkages and rockshafts, and since the Cat 0 three-point kit uses its own lift bar, whether or not it could be connected. I have looked here and elsewhere on line for diagrams showing how and where the spring assist connects. The parts diagrams do a great gob showing the parts, but I can’t visualize how they are installed.
Yes, my tractor does have creeper drive, another reason why I decided on this tractor when I was shopping around. I have been trying since last night to post a picture of the tractor in my profile, but I’ve been having trouble getting the file size under 100K. I’ve already spent an hour already trying to work that out, and am waiting to hear from the administrators as to their suggestions. I will get a photo up ASAP.

Scott, here is a cutaway view of an <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Narrow Frame spring assist installed on a model 100. It would install in the same fashion onto a 126.

250462.jpg

Scott Lent
If you are running Xp there is a picture resize as part of that program call power toys to down load; just a right click and chose to resize . It is easy because I all so use it lol. If you send your picture to me I will post it for you.You should be able to right click on the picture and select send with email option.

[email protected]

Scott,

I have an electric lift on my 147 that will lift a brinley 10 inch plow, a QA 42 snow thrower, and a 54 inch blade. (Of course not all at once).

They do take a lot of amps to operate, so it's best to have a good charging system or you'll have a dead battery PDQ. I know when I use the blade or the thrower with the lights on the charging indicator goes wacko. The manual says to not operate the electric lift with the engine off.

I've had to do some repairs on mine. There is a gear at the end of the shaft that tends to wear. Last time I looked at a new gear they were like $90. I'm sure Charlie or one of the other supportes listed above could help you with parts. Less expensive than a hydraulic unit (but I'll confess - not necessarily better).

Or it could be the electric motor needs new brushes. It's a bugger to change them in such a small confined space. But it can be done.

I have another complete unit I want to refurbish so I have a backup in case the one on the 147 fails.
err.gif

Bill R - looks like you have the tiller on and lifted. I don't see the belt tho, was it the correct length?

Paul F - I kinda thought the hydraulic lift might be on some 1x6/7 units. Any chance you can post a pic of it on the 126. Would be nice to see it.

Scott L - I think the hydraulic lift is still a consideration. Also, the Classifieds on here is a good place to find a NF spring assist (I know one is currently listed on there).

Thank you Lewis but no. Both have been repainted. The 107 Dad got new from A IH dealer in Wheeler Mi long since closed.

Harry Yes It is all set up. Thank goodness the belt was the right one. Even tilled over to Dads, about 40 ft. Still needs a seat.

No no snow here yet. I use a MTD for my snow blowing so I do not talk about that much. The shame, the shame.

I was going to try the CCO last year for snow throwing but not enough to even bother.

Harry Bursell. I looked at my 129 rear reflectors and believe they are original to the tractor. Across the top of the reflector is
Stimsonite . 16
Across the bottom is
ESNA (in a circle) then SAE-A-68 DOT
I hope this helps.
Luther

Hello Luther - thanks for posting the reflector info. The '68 seems to fit at or before the production run for 1x8/9 series. What we really want now is the numbers from the tail light lenses. I strongly believe there must be a REFLECT-O-LITE out there either without SAE numbering or with an SAE number ending with other than '75.

Bill R - I see a really nice looking BB36 sitting on your stand there, just waiting to be attached to your CC"O". Then you wouldn't have to talk about that off brand stuff.

Kraig, That illustration makes it a heck of a lot easier to understand how the spring assist is connected to the rockshaft. Thank you!

Bruce, I have seen new replacement motor assemblies online, for around $190 (motor only). That is an option, but I’ll still need to weigh that and the cost for other rebuild parts vs. buying a new, stronger aftermarket linear actuator for $400 or so. Keeping it original is important to me, but reliability definitely is a consideration.

Scott L.
The Spring Assist installation manuals are in the manuals section.
And our sponsors have motors for a lot less than 190 bucks.

Not trying to sound like a whiner here----

That being said

I'm getting cabin fever waiting for it to cool down and snow so I can get some seat time here in SE MI. Daytime temps keep going up, and rain is predicted for this weekend. (at least we are getting some precip.)

irritated.gif

Oh well. My wife keeps telling me we are going to get snow, but I'm not too convinced. I'm thinking about putting my mower deck back on.
bouncy.gif

Scott L, If you look at the bottom of the electric motor I suspect you will see a little hole where the gear pin goes. It is common for them to fall out and then it won't lift. I use my 126 for snowplowing, ground plowing and I also use a grader on the back. No Harry, the 127 is an Armstrong with spring assist.

For a chore on a different note (no snow involved)...I had a mulch day today. A 149 pulling the trailer and a 124 that pulled the shredder to the site. I emptied 3 loads of leaf mulch in the garden with more coming tomorrow. It's just something I really enjoy.

250474.jpg

250475.jpg

250476.jpg

250477.jpg

250478.jpg

There are a couple of before pics and a couple of after pics. You can see why the shovel is there and it does help loading the trailer. It was a perfect day for outside work...no wind and around 60*F temp. The pile of leaves was rained on a couple of days ago so the dust factor was right at zero. I processed a load then delivered it to the garden where it was spread out to a degree. I will turn it in at a later time. I was able to do several loads and I'm still not finished.

Scott,

One other thing to check would be the two small bolts on either side of the translating tube just before the clevis. They may be a bit loose and allow the translating tube to turn rather than push or pull on the clevis. Sometimes mine "slips" a bit and I need to tighten the bolts just a bit until it no longer slips.

I agree with Charlie. You should be able to pick up a new motor for under $150. I got one from a CC dealer three years ago for $75.

Back