Archive through December 14, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a Creeper today ; I took it off the tractor so I could take it apart before I will need it and have it all checked and repaired. I notice some add some wire around the shift fork . I have no idea why . I will post some pictures later .

Dang ; do I need 4 more Cubs ?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Don T.
It's a safety wire to hold that little spriol pin in place for the engaging yoke.
More than likely the O-rings were replaces at some time and instead of using a new pin that tend to loosen when re-used, the wire makes sure it stays in place.
Be thankful they didn't weld it like most morons do!!!

Heavy stuff! I'm glad I went out, and make a couple passes. I will need to do it again later on...just keeps on coming down!
250524.jpg

Jeff - that 285 days will end very shortly. One thing I'd like to ask, could you refrain from using the word "donor". I know what you and others mean but every time I see it I get this tightness in my gut since it sounds like an end of life event. In your case I know the 149 will run again and be more of a 129 with a 14hp engine and incorrect serial tag, since you only dispose of gear drive units, making sure the hydros always survive.

Frank - it looks to me like you did more than just drill that hole. The outside of the block no longer has any grease, and it looks like things are coming along nicely.

Paul - thanks for posting the pics of your 126 with the hydraulic lift. I guess now, by reviewing the Operator Manuals, that IH did away with the hydraulic lift option when they made the electric lift option available on the 1x6/7 series. Does look like it bolts right on perfectly tho. Thanks for showing it.

Wayne - you stated "when I slowly depress the choke it stops trying to start". Are you saying by moving the choke the S/G stops rotating? If so that is definitely an electrical problem.

I decided to fix a non-working electric lift this morning. Turns out the thermal cutoff was busted. I soldered a wire across the thermal cutoff. Without a thermal cutoff I needed to modify the lift with a slip clutch, so I don't burn out the motor or damage the gears.

First you cut off the welded clevis. Drill out the center of the puck for a 1/2" fine thread bolt. Install a couple of spring washers and a all metal lock nut. Tap the old pin holes for 1/4 bolts. and weld the threads to the clevis.

250541.jpg

250542.jpg

250543.jpg

250544.jpg

250545.jpg

250546.jpg

Hydro Harry:
fence.gif
Donor is the only word I can think of that fits. (We have to keep a conversation going, it's about time for the Archive Bug to visit). Let's face it, there's only a select few that care about these old machines and some are beyond being financially feasable of repairing, not to mention restoring. Those that are beyond reasonable repair NEED to become donors. My driver's licence indicates that I'm an organ donor. Do the old CC's deserve less?
happy.gif

And, yes, the block is stripped and 96.4% cleaned. The crank is going to take a trip to Fond du Lac (Foot of Lake Winnebago) Wisconsin in the near future and regardless of my willfullness (stubborness) this K341 will run, again. For how long remains to be seen!! It's my 2013 experiment.
happy.gif
happy.gif

Jeff P. That looks like your using a Wide Frame Hydro with a 42 snow blade,,,

GO... Hydros with Snow Blades..(sorry Tom)

Send some our way

Harry I soppose I could call it my 149 "parts bin"
jester.gif

And I do still have a complete disassembled 108 rollor and most of the parts for a 128 including the rear end with ID tag, just missing the frame

jeff l baker

I hate to post a picture of the 129 loader Cub because I still does not have the decals put on . I have them ;just seems that the other tractor get all my time.

250556.jpg

Some day I will finish it lol.

Latest posts

Back