• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 11, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrlewis

displayname
Joe Lewis
Well I am in need of info I have jsut purchased my first narrow frame. A 105 and was runnig this past summer and just quit. I found the coil wire was bad. It is a plain jane 105 with a 42" deck. Not sure about restoring it or parting? What would some of you do? Try to upload a picture. The front tire I used a hand pump to put air in, went to move it and that was that.

217704.jpg

105 IN NEED

Man... some of you guys are getting hammered.
217706.gif
We've been lucky with only about a half inch total and then the temperature just dropped to single digits in a couple of hours. The wind is picking up also. I just checked and we have a blizzard warning for tonight until tomorrow morning. Everyone take extra care while moving snow.

Joe L. Nice find. I'd repaint the starter/generator either OEM yellow or black, put a tube on the front tire and perhaps paint the seat back white. and use it as it appears. Use some triple O steel wool on the lift bar handle and try and bring the shine back. for being a Plain Jane it sure looks nice.

I pulled a starter/generator off my dad's old 102 and installed it on the 102 with the snow thrower, is there a quick way to tell if it is charging?

While I was at it I installed the spring assit I picked up for $45 bucks last week. Then I headed up to Trivers (Two Rivers on the map) and picked up another QA-42A fro $70. Its pretty rusty, but the auger is not nearly as "chewed-up" as the one I'm currently using.

No snow here yet still a couple miles north and west according to intellicast's radar, now we just have rain, rain, and more rain!

Joe L.-

Don't part it...there's too many people doing that as it is. That looks like a pretty nice tractor.

Well, the 36+ inches we got earlier this week all melted into 8" of heavy stuff... spent the afternoon with a roof rake to lighten up the snow load before we here in NY get what the rest of you are getting near the chedddar curtain today (fromage du valance for some of our Canadian neighbors). Your storm will turn into a Nor'eastuh on Monday... It's gong up to 42 tomorrow...

JOE L. - I agree with everyone else, throw an inner tube in that frt tire, do the other stuff Marlin suggested and if that paint is original or even a decent repaint that's a pretty sharp looking CC. I'd keep it and run it. 10 HP Hydro w/42" deck is a nice mowing tractor.

Jeff D., I used to use that method of wearing a full face snowmobile helmet before I got the windbreaker cab. I might be using it again tomorrow when I head to the farm to use the <font color="119911">off-topic</font> tractor as it does not have a cab. It does however have 4wd and full hydraulics including a hydraulic chute rotator.
happy.gif

Joe L., that looks to be in nice shape, it'd be a shame to part that one.

William R., I've already swapped the S/G and the regulator in my 125, still no charge and it doesn't turnover as good. I'm thinking I have a bad wire somewhere and I think I need to clean up the ground connections. This one has LOTS of PO mods to the wiring.
angry.gif

Brian A., wow, nice blade work.

Steve B., I was wondering when those classic photos of your dad's 100 were going to show up.
happy.gif
I almost posted them the other day when we were discussing extensions for QA snowthrowers.

Denny, Art, I sure hope it doesn't get that windy. There's an interesting drift developing on the west side of my house, if we get too much more snow and wind I'm afraid it might swallow my house!
icon_eek.gif

217708.jpg

217709.jpg

217710.jpg

I got one deck shoveled. Trust me, I thought long and hard about a way to get the Cub Cadet up on the deck.

217714.jpg

217715.jpg

I'm sure the driveway will be all drifted in by morning.

217716.jpg

217717.jpg

Poor parts Cubs.

217718.jpg

OK ya'll. I just got a QA-36. It has a wide frame mule drive. I guess thats what you call it. Can I make it work for the 147 by using metal spacers to fill the gap? I gotta try it...
bash.gif

Well so fare everyone has the same idea fix and use. Most is orignal paint on the seat and seat is not. All the paint on hood and fenders and frame are orignal no add on paint. I believe I will put in the shop monday and see about what is going on with the starting part. Deck has 2 holes in it one is about 3/4" Dia. rust and the other is like a bullet hole? I am in Kentucky and it is raining and wind is blowing, calling for snow tomorrow nothing like the pictures posted I hope!

Tim, it must be a QA36A. It should be adjustable to fit your 147. UNLESS it is a QA36 and the PO modified it to fit a WF. Which of these does the subframe mount look like?

217725.jpg

Does it have just lower mounting arms like this one pictured above?

217726.jpg

Or does it have upper and lower mounting arms like this one pictured above?

If it has the upper and lower mounting arms then it is a QA36A and the width can be adjusted as described in the photo below:

217727.jpg

Ahhh KRAIG - What do you have sitting on that bench under ALL that snow?
rofl.gif

I've tried to figure out ways to get my CC & blower on the big deck but the sharp left turn at the top of the stairs always baffled me! And I figured there was NO way to get to the upper deck off our bedroom on the second floor, the deck is only about 4 ft X 15 ft and only accessable from INSIDE the house.

Your almost to the point that maybe a little wind might help move some of that snow away from the house.

Started snowing here about 5 PM, no wind yet. Traffic past our house sure stopped!

Denny, that's all snow on the bench. Sure wish there was a treasure chest under the snow.

I remember driving home from Minneapolis one night about 10 yrs ago and 94 iced over around Eau Claire really bad. I heard something like 40 cars in the ditch in one three mile stretch of road. It was bad but we made it thru. But with a car, snow is different. Too easy to run out of ground clearance.

147 front pivot link. someone in the past has re-welded one of these pivot arms , now they are not in-line with each other . I think the right one with the long arm behind it. what do you guys think..
217739.jpg

217740.jpg

217741.jpg

Hey Guys, I hope all you "mid-westerners" have full gas cans and tractors ready to go snow throw.

Since were on the subject of snow throwers, and I NOT being a Cub expert, would like to know if the longer top half of an IH walk-behind snow blower would fit on my CW-36 lower shoot that is on my 100. Or is there any other known mod I can do to make a simple task of lengthening the shoot with out fabing up a new one? Someone was selling a longer top half shoot off an IH walk-behind on WFM but I missed it.

After a few snow falls here I really have to start piling snow up... and in places, pretty high do to lack of room. I would like to keep a tighter stream of snow so I can do this. With the stock small shoot, it just doesn't have the reach.

If there is a retrofit of sorts, I would need to get a lead as who I could talk to to get the needed parts. Thanks in advance guys.

217743.jpg

Its the top one. And it can,t be adjusted...This thing is in amazingly good shape and I paid 100 bucks for it. I gotta make it work. And I cant weld. So I'm gonna think of something

Chris, good to see you post! I would think that the entire discharge chute from a QA36A would fit with not too much work. Hardest thing to do would be to modify the chute rotator mechanism. Just the top portion should be a simple bolt on deal. Funny I was thinking of doing the same mod to my QA42 after dealing with high snowbanks today.

217750.jpg

217751.jpg

217752.jpg

Latest posts

Back