• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through December 10, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim D:
Boy, would a drawing of that plier mod be cool (I can't quite picture it...)

Just came in from doing the driveways (ours and the two neighbors that watch our place when we're gone..). First time in YEARS that I've used the blade rather than the QA42..actually fun (once I backed the spring off all the way on my homebrew spring assist so the blade wasn't floating). It's nasty cold here, but not as bad as the other side of the lake in cheese country..
Here's an old pic of my spring assist..
182380.jpg

Kendell Ide
I`an on shop clean up today as xmas is soon here and I got some friends here that a trip to the shop to see what i`am up to is allways on there list.lol
beerchug.gif
. So now I just have to remember where I put it all.lol Later Don T
182383.jpg

wow theres 6 tractors in here.

HELLO, HELLO... anyone out there? lol. Our big snow storm is finally over and the snow <font color="ff0000">should</font> be "dry" enough to blow today, but we have a terrific high of 7 degrees today so I dont know if i want to even try. Just thought I would drop in.

Kendell Ide
back at that spring asist I wonder if you welded a T off the side of that adjustment sleve 2" in or about if this would make it easer to ajust.I guess what i`am trying to ask is does the spring catch the side of that pipe? Later Don
old.gif

would aligning that spring be worth the effort?

So, let me ask a silly question... What's stopping a guy from cutting the sprocket off of my worn out snowthrower auger shaft, and boring a hole in the end of the auger tube to accept the replaceble end?? All I would really need to do is add one more hole thru the tube to secure the end in place right??

"I hope you can visualize my words above, I am no artist."

Apparently not a writer either.....
wedgie.gif
clappy.gif

I couldn't let that go...lol. Of course you know I'm just ribbin ya...I think I have a pretty good idea what you were talkin about. I had a pair of Z benders when I built a lot of RC stuff but it's been a while since I've even seen them, they are packed away somewhere. I'll have to try to find them and see if they can even handle this size wire.

Brendan Brigham
Yep I did check and the ones ordered sould do. I know what your saying , they are made for different wire size, but I didn`t let that trivial thing bother me lol. Cause I can drill them to to size I need. and they should work great.did I say I can`t spell lol . later Don T

Jim,

I thought about that, too, but I was concerned about not getting the new shaft/sprocket concentric... I could have taken it to a machine shop to have it machined, etc, but the Captain Tightwad in me said noooo.
wave.gif
A machine shop with a good size lathe (large throat and long bed)should be able chuck that bad boy in it and machine it really quick...

Don - that piece of exhaust pipe has a washer closing off the far end .. You can see the stud welded to the near end for mounting. The threaded rod runs all the way forward to the bell crank inside of the frame on the lift shaft. The spring is from a fence wire tightener and with the nuts run down on it far enough will float a QA42a off the ground (to where you need to push DOWN on the lift lever to hit the ground). Only change I'd make to it is to replace the nuts with a crank on a threaded tube so I wouldn't have to go to the garage for a socket wrench to adjust it, but usually only have to do that when I change from the blade to the thrower..
No the spring doesn't hang up on the pipe, coils are big enough, I guess.

BRENDAN - "Z-bend" pliers must be a plane building tool. For the long control rods. I do what Keith does with needle nose Vice-grips on my CC's.

For our 1/10th scale R/C trucks & 1/8th scale 4WD buggies everything had to be strong, heavy, short & straight. We migrated away from the stock Futaba servos to the top-of-the-line Airtronics servos and home-made 5 & 6-cell reciever packs. We only used Lunsford titanium tie rods. We bent a few by "accident" but I sure loved those GREEN sparks when I cut them to fit with the Dremel.
We spent Big Bucks trying to keep stuff light but still Our vehicles ended up way over minimum ROAR weight. We'd weigh our vehicles sometimes to rub it into the competition about how We beat them with a vehicle 1/2 pound over-weight. I even made a set of "Front Suitcase weights" for a Buddy's 1/10th scale truck when He started racing us just a little too hard. He ended up beating Us by a single point after ten weeks of racing. If I remember right We got 1 or 2 pts for TQ, 10 for 1st, 8 for 2nd, 6 for 3rd, 5 for 4th, 4 for 5th, etc. There was about 6-8 people in that class most weeks. Great fun!

ANYHOW DON T. - Looks like You better get some more Cubbies. I see open floor space. NO FAIR having a shop You can actually walk on the floor in!

Latest posts

Back