• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through December 10, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New solenoid, free, 106 starting, $3 (gas), Snowing like crazy.....priceless! Also tweeked the carb, no more shotgun backfires!!

Brandon,

I purchased an electric motor for the lift on my 147 several years ago from a Cub Cadet dealer. Around $75 back then. I'm sure some of the sponsors carry 'em as well. Probably double that now. You may be able to get it rebuilt at an electrical motor shop.

Bruce

Thanks Guys. I will check at my local cub dealer in the morning. We are pretty slow on fridays and I might be able to pick one up one a road call or on my lunch hour. And if the out come is not good I'll try a the starter motor for the rc gas engines. Thanks for your fast replies. Will let you know what I find out!

To add to the "O" info, I own ser. # 1864, with no slot for steering adj. and wire bat. hold down. I think it was built Feb. 1961 Just my 2 cents worth!

Lewis, Pin is 3/4. A good replacement is to cut the shank section from a 8 inch or so grade five bolt. Drill your oun pin hole and that pin is about $2.00

Not that it matters much, but my O is serial# 20037 which puts its sometime last century and it doesn't have the slot for the steering adjustment. I know I have put this picture up before but....I'm done restoring it now except for a battery and spring is a awful long time away and if you look around the picture, you will notice that the tractor is in my basement. I want to mow grass!!!!!
111266.jpg

I have finished since the pic was taken, looks like I need to take more pictures. Ha-ha Nick

Well Brian, the 3 steps I have on the other side of the basement weren't that bad at all. I had to take the door off the hinges but it wasn't too hard to get it in there. That was with 2 flat rear tires, so I hope it fits out this spring all done up like it is. If not, it will make a great conversation piece with a beer or three down there. Nick
beerchug.gif

Finally getting snow here in the Southern Tier! I got to finally not worry about any electrical issues and just plow. I plowed just about everyone in the nieborhood out and then took work away from the paid idiot who works for our township! I had no idea that cub would do so well, it didnt even blink an eye. I must say I'm very impressed! Power slides are pretty fun too!!
groupwave.gif

Latest posts

Back