• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through December 10, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeff, it could be as simple a fix as Harold suggested below however it could be worn or missing parts causing the snowthrower to not stop properly. First you need to know if your 128 has the PTO brake on it or if it the older style without the brake? The changeover to the brake version happened during the 1x8/9 series, which your 128 is from. Here's some photos from a service manual to help you determine which version you have.

111238.jpg

111239.jpg

Steve B I agree those Firestone 23's have the look & pull. When I was at the Little G this year , Miller Tire said they are working on a 10.50 tire with the 23 degree tread & with Firestone's OK .Hopefully sooner than later!

Relining the pto brake shoe fabric seems to work well. I found 1/4 inch flat stock at a brake shoe rebuilder. A three inch square is plenty with the corners rounded off is great. One inch hole in the middle is plenty and gives more brake surface It will glue on with 2-part epoxy. the turnbuckle had plenty of ajustment for the extra thickness of pad. So far so good.

Jerry,
What was keeping the PTO from disengaging on your 149?

We are going to get a good one up here in New England over the next 24 hours upwards of 14+ inches...

The addiction has leaked into my family as I scored a 104 with creeper gear for my brother for $300, this thing is cherry and all original right down to the seat and tires original manuals and sales receipt from the second owner...

This was a true steal...

Going to test the snowthrower on his and the blade on mine tonight... Very Excited

Kevin, sure wish I'd get some serious snow.... Congrats on finding the 124! Sounds like you found a good one! Oh, and keep this in mind:

worthless.gif

happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

"Miller Tire said they are working on a 10.50 tire with the 23 degree tread & with Firestone's OK .Hopefully sooner than later!..."
drool.gif

<font size="-2">(Note to self: Hold off on buying tires for the 100 for right now..")</font>

ART - Guess I need to buy another Cubbie...So I can have ALL 4 sizes of 23 deg tires.
roflol.gif

Hi guys , its raining here . The po that i bought my O from said his dad had it from new and it was not modified .My 2nd O does not have the slot for the adjustment of the steering, so i don`t know what to think. it was build in the first year that the O was made. I thought the slot was only in the early models.
Pto on my 129 has the brake style and its a good set up i think. had no problems with it after i installed the loader.Had to take the flat bed this morn and go haul a buds car to the shop so no Cub time today, i will get back to the 125 in the am. Then i have 3 Cubs here that should have the hydro filters changed and new fluid. Put my 147 out side in freezing weather the other day and she was slow to move on the hydro lever,Had to move it all the way ahead and didn`t get much speed. I thinking there is water in the system or are they slow when cold???? thanks for the info in advance .. later Don T
old.gif
thumbsup_old.gif

Don, I could be wrong, <font size="-2">wouldn't be the first time</font>, and have it backward and the slot was dropped from later Originals....

Bryan M., what was the S/N of your Original?

Kraiq my O is 2281 that is Dec/61 and my 2nd O is 43541 Oct /62 and the 62 does not have the adjustment slot. Have a great CUB day all. Later Don T
old.gif

Kraig, Don T may have come up with the answer, and you may have come up with the problem. I just went out and checked my 4 digit O, and it has the slot. Don't know the prev. history, but am pretty sure it has the original parts, including the small bore K-161, which is driving me crazy looking for parts.

Kraig M. My Original SN 9067 does not have the slot. (Hopefully next year he gets the refurbishing he deserves.)

I believe someone awhile back asked the question about why the older hydros develop a whine to them. In conversation with a coworker this morning about that he replied with, "The valve plates get worn after while." He said that if someone is doing a teardown they should check the valve plates for wear. This came from a gentleman that used to work on the 15U line a few years ago. Now here is some thoughts. Has anyone ever gone to say a Massey Ferguson dealer or another dealer that their product line uses a 15U and priced out the 15U parts? We all know that Cub Cadet and John deere are very pricey. Just a thought.

My CCO is Ser. No. 8134 and does not have the slot or the small hole at the bottom of tower under the dash either.

Paul Bell knows this stuff. Where's he at?

Anyone know the dia. of the front pivot pin on an Original?

I checked My original.My serial #5764 3/61 does not have the slot.Bought it of the P.O. who was the original owner.

111249.jpg

Someone ought to put together a web page with pictorial review of the running changes on the Original from start to end of production.

Beefed up front axle from thin cast to thicker casting
Added slot in tower for steering gear adjustment and hole at bottom.
Added creeper handle hole in frame
Changed from collar and pin on spindles to bolt on
Changed from bent steel S/G bracket to cast bracket
Lift handle grip from contour to flat lines?
Edit, remembered another. Changed from bent wire battery hold down to stamped steel.

What else did IH change in 3 years?

Hi Guys. It's been awhile. Been pretty with the new job at the International dealership wrenching on the new tractors trailers. Like the newer ProStar and LoneStar. Will have pics to follow soon.
I'm looking for the electric motor for my lift. Mine burned up yesterday while I was plowing my driveway. Several more inches of snow is on the way. Please let me know where I might be able to find a new one or rebuilt one. Thanks, Brandon

Brandon,

You might want to check with CC Specialties up above. If I recall they had quite a few parts for the electric lifts. Hope that helps.

Latest posts

Back