• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 09, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: hydraulic pumps. I would take a peek at The Surplus Center (google it) out of Nebraska. They always have a great selection of hydraulic pumps and componenets; I shop them alot. They also have quite a listing of other cool stuff, from engines to hydraulics to electric actuators, you may spend a few hours there!

I agree with Jim. That's a GREAT site!

Surplus Center

Kraig-
That looks like it could be a Cessna pump..

Do you have any other photos of the pivot/belt-tightening system on that set up? It looks neat.

Speaking of which...
Do you have any updates on YOUR <font color="ff6000">off-topic</font> project?

That is a good idea for a mount, perfect example of KISS.
I may have to use that style when I put the pump on FrankenCub.

JOSH - East of Madison, WI. Rural home on a county blacktop.

This is all I have of the pump mount. I can take more tonight, but I'll have to dig the loader frame out of the snow. No more progress on the AC 620, once I got it back together and running I drove it around the property for a few minutes to make sure it was running properly, then I installed the hood and mounted the rear mower and went out to mow the field trails and discovered that a bearing in the rear PTO has gone bad.
bash.gif

182257.jpg

182258.jpg

Better post something on topic.

182259.jpg
ihrotate.gif

Zach Zeroth stopped by to borrow the 125/snowthrower to begin to clear some areas around their home. While he shoveled the snow from the doors, I got the 125 started. This is the path the 125 made to get to where the town had cleaned our driveway.

182266.jpg

The blowing snow in the background is coming off a drift around 4 1/2 foot high.
182267.jpg

The wind gusts are up to 35 mph. The drift the 125 had to go through is taller than the thrower. Zach said that visibility in the open areas is absolute zero.

Thanks for those pics Marlin!! Refreshes my memory of why I moved from Iowa... Only 1 1/2 inches rain here last night. Hang in there..
old.gif
No cub time here, for anything..

Well, after pushing snow for 1-1/2 hrs I think We got more snow than I thought....instead of 10-12 inches maybe 14-15 is more like it. First few passes I made with the blade the snow wasn't piling up in front of the blade, it was just packing up and pushing forward of the blade, sometimes as much as 10-12 feet! Must have been real wet heavy snow but now it's getting colder and is starting to freeze up and crust. Temp was 29-30 when I went out about 2:45-3 PM, and 23 deg. when I came in after 4:30.

There is some snow blowing around but not as bad as the pic's Marlin posted. Sure wasn't many cars going by the road.

Wife said The Weather Channel posted pic's around the truckstop at I-90 north of Stoughton, WI. this afternoon.

I have recently developed a problem with my 124's steering. The wheel popped out of the shaft housing cause the bushing's shot. I have a new bushing to put in, but i cant get the wheel off. I tried a gear puller, but that didn't work, and a steering wheel puller wont work either, because there are no little holes in the wheel's shaft washer to grip it into. What should i use? THANKS!
1a_scratchhead.gif

Tim D.
Look at FAQ #13 at the top of the page.
It would take longer for me to type the how to than you to read it.
It works great!
Brad

...and if that's not enough, keep going to cubfaq.com and check out #18b
beer2.gif

Lyle B. Fancy says, "HI!!!"
182283.gif

I dug out in front of the Dakota in case the main roads are once again open tomorrow. Pat and and Zach are keeping the 125/snowthrower for now. I told Zach that he'll be the snow removal guy this time around. I'll be working ten hour days and eight hours both Saturday and Sunday the way it looks as of now. The furnace was acting the usual on/off thing with the winds blowing out of the north/nortwest. With the winds finally calming the furnace is now heating the house once again. I held Fancy and briefly took him outside. As soon as the wind and snow hit him, he wanted to go back in. Poor little kitty just wanted to help move snow.

I'm about ready to head off to bed. Everyone take care and have a good one.

Kraig, that is a nice pump mount--simple and functional. Problem is that it's takes up a little too much real estate for a narrow frame and I don't know of a location that lends itself to that style of mount.

Jim, Surplus Center has some good deals, but you have to look out for odd ball stuff that you can't replace easily.

Don, that Haldex pump might be an option but that part number appears to be made for Northern. It doesn't come up on the Haldex site. I'd like to find data for how much radial load it can tolerate. I'm also looking at slightly smaller displacements. That gets me into a smaller housing and it will spin faster requiring a smaller pulley.

The Parker factory guy is supposed to have a recommendation for me tomorrow--would have had it today but I didn't give him any specs to work with until after I found out they had something for belt drive.

Jerry

Ok. I try not to bug you guys unless necessary, but I have exhausted all other options. I am sure this will be an easy question to those familiar with it, so... I have a 782 gas job that came with a REAL nice snow thrower. I have been told it is a Haban (?) snow thrower, but it is IH white with IH decals and ID tag.

My question is, how do you tighten the belt that connects the PTO to the pulley on the thrower? There is a bolt down low, a eye bolt up top that is threaded, and it is all connected but now is loose and the whole thing lifts up and down freely. This is all on the right side of the throwere right next to the pulley. Do you just pry down on it and tightened a bolt or is there more to it. I would be interested in a manual or can ad pics if it will help.

We just got all of this snow, I spent so much time getting it ready and was SO excited to use it, and I didn't even make it 3 feet out of my garage before I noticed the belt issue. Not happy.---Thanks!

I'm guessing we got about about 5" from "the big storm" last night, but "Ugh...The wind!"

Here are some clean-up shots "The Mrs." snapped for me. As you can see, I had to have the chute "capped" off and even then the snow was blowing everwhere..

182293.jpg

182294.jpg

182295.jpg

WOW! Thanks for the diagram! PERFECT!!! Now I am ready to throw some snow.

Art A. Nice outfit that you have.

I've been thinking.... Maybe I should host a SNOW PLOW/THROWER DAY around these parts.
biggrin.gif

I'm going to try and get into work in a little while. From what the sheriff's dept. told me highway 30 isn't pretty. Ya'all take care and have a great day.

Back