• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 09, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Larry W:
Just to set the terminology straight --- The QA series products most commonly used on narrow and wide frame IHC Cub Cadet products (QA36, QA36A, QA 42, QA42A, etc.) are snow <u>throwers</u>, as they are a single stage, combination auger/paddle design. The newer products that incorporate a auger feeding a second stage are snow <u>blowers</u>..(except I note that in some cases Cub Cadet refers to the two stage jobs as "throwers", too) Not trying to make fun, just to let you know before someone from the Hit Squad wakes up...
bouncy.gif

Tom-
I've been to that dealership quite a few times back when I lived in Waukesha, WI. Kurt (I thought that was the owner's name) was very good to work with, he even stayed late two nights so I could come down and pick up parts! I can't remember who I ended up selling my rear IH blade & landscape rake to, but it came from there (and with this snow, I wish I'd have held onto it!).

Tom-
Those are neat old pictures. I like the placards hanging on the wood-grain paneling in the background of that first picture.

Mind if I ask where those came from?

By the way guys. Looks like I'm not the only one!
clown.gif

71345.jpg

Tom, great stuff!
thumbsup.gif

Art, good eye! I guess you've taken enough flack that you're always on the lookout for that now.
wedgie.gif
roflol.gif

Kraig-
Yea, I might not be the bright-er-ist bulb on the Christmas tree, but don't call me a S-L-O-W learner!!!
happy.gif

Charlie-
Which did you have a (off-topic) problem with...

The vintage tractor or the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> part of the discussion???
71352.gif

Just lettin you guys know, I'm still awake and watchin.
biggrin.gif

We start seeing red and I know how you guys take the ball and run with it, LOL

Nice catch on the tires though Art!
thumbsup_old.gif

They are used backwards on trailers and implements as a "floation" tire... for a little trivia.

Does anyone with a cab have trouble with exhaust fumes entering the cab? I've been eyeing up the cabs but if they are anything like my Pug, the fumes would drive me buggy.

I thought about buying a small 12v squirrel cage fan or blower and pressurizing the cab area to keep the fumes out. Any opinions if this would work??

Craig,
That why I put a muffler extension on my cub. Exhaust will get in there with a front facing wind.

71363.jpg

Craig E., you'll never solve that problem with the PUG! It'd be best if you just give the PUG to me, I'll be out this weekend to pick it up.
clown.gif

Craig E.
When I got this 149, the guy had side panels made and even had the hood tilted up inside the cab, LOL
71365.jpg

As long as you have a tight fit on the muffler and no head gasket leaks, there should be no issues with exhaust fumes anyway.

Kraig: I laughed out loud - very funny.

Charlie: I'm even bothered by fumes driving straight down my driveway with no cab at all. The other day while plowing snow I experimented with angling the little deflector on my 782's exhaust trying to find a position where no exhaust at all would come back to me. I found myself wishing the wind would pick up. I guess I'm just hypersensitive to it.

Terry: I've been thinking about taking the ten week welding class offered by our county education district in part to learn how to weld. I've wanted to put vertical truck-style stacks on my KT17 for twenty years but don't have the know-how.

Is getting in and out of those cabs a pain in the neck or worse?

Jerry, not if you know how to do it. You just have to step in duck and sit down.
happy.gif

71367.jpg

Craig, you laughed? What? I was serious! So I take it I don't get to come get the PUG. Rats!
pop.gif

Craig E.
Sounds like a mask would be in order for that sensitive nose!

Jerry B.
The only problem I ever had was kickin the key off in the switch. But after you do it once, you learn to watch where your foot goes.
biggrin.gif

Charlie, you too! I bent the key in my #2 125 so bad that it broke and it was a security key switch that the previous owner, a large corporation had installed. (It was even easier to hit because it was no longer recesses like the factory key would be.) I ended up having to replace it with a pull switch. Yes the electrical system on old #2 has been ummm, shall we say slightly modified.

A friend of mine wanted to see pictures of a red IH Cub I saw on here a long time ago. Now i can't find it...

It was a cub convertered to 4WD and turned in the middle (with hydraulics) to look just like a Stieger! It aslso had a matching mini disc hooked to it in the picture. Anybody remember this tractor?

ART - Hate to bust Your bubble but the 656 on the outside has the rear tires mounted properly....the one next to it has the wheels dished IN, not out, to narrow it up enough to fit onto a semi-trailer or RR flatcar for shipping....EVERYTHING shipped out of Farmall that way. The outside tractor was just prepped for delivery and the other one hasn't been yet. Later on when tractors were setup for 30" rows they didn't need to reverse the tires, just pop the duals on and run them.
STEVE B. - Neat old Pic's. I sure do remember that Winter of '78 & '79. I drove for UPS before X-mas and went back to FARMALL 1-3-1979. We Never shut the line down at all that winter/spring because of not being able to get parts in with all that snow.... IH appreciated Our efforts so much they had a special Dinner in Our honor at The Plantation for just Our dept. At the time The Plantation was the Best restaurant anywhere in the Quad-Cities.

Latest posts

Back