• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Stator to voltage regulator wires (1450 w/ K321)

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rkwilliams

displayname
Kent Williams
I'm still doing final clean-up and steps on my K321 engine rebuild. Being very meticulous and taking my time. When I disassembled things there was an incredible amount of dirt and gunk behind the flywheel and around the stator. It was packed almost solid with what I'd call "silt." I'd never felt like the tractor was charging correctly, so thought the sensible thing would be to replace all of the components in the charging system...specifically both stator and regulator. The plug going to the regulator was in bad shape, and I ended up pulling both of the outside (stator) wires out of it. Going to install new female spade connectors and probably will not go back with a unified plug. Don't know where I'd find one anyway.

In the end, I bought a new stator, but when I measured resistance through its wires and the old stator, the reading was about the same. I'm guessing the old stator is just fine. I am replacing definitely changing the VR.

Now the question. Does it matter which wire coming from the stator goes on which of the two outside terminal on the voltage regulator? I didn't mark them when I pulled out of the old plug. I'm thinking it doesn't, but I'd rather hear that from one of the experts here on such matters. If it does matter, how can I figure it out?

It does not matter.

New plastic plug housing should be available from Kohler or aftermarket.

I'm certain that plug is available from Kohler. It is used on current production engines.

Back