• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 06, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
The thought for the day!
23776.jpg

Jeff E. -

Thanks for the pic and PN - all my pics were too dark and didn't show much detail. My MTD book only shows 190-447 - wonder what, if anything, the -100 means...

Thanks Richard. This is sooooooo much better than the original for plowing. Between thte lift, steering and hydro lever I do run out of hands now and then but I do notice that it will move more snow. I will have to find a short pin for the lockout. Dounforce will be great for shaving sidewalks. Does wanders for peoples lawn edging also!!!!!
Looks like that lower pin will have to drill out to 1/4.

To all with replies to my "can't get my 1450 to run problems, Thanks!!!.

I am still trying stuff. It has my father and I baffled.

I have checked the carburetor mounting, even change to a carb off another tractor. No change.

I have checked the electrical system, it is working properly, and seems to run fine on starting fluid.

We are going to swap out the fuel. Who knows, we may have had bad fuel the entire time. I will keep you posted, I should know in a couple of days.

Bryan,

I'm not sure what the -100 suffix means either. Maybe they up-reved it to add more mounting holes or something... :)

23779.jpg

(Message edited by jeaston on December 06, 2004)

Joe-
Could the head gasket leak enough or is one of the valves hanging open enough you're not getting enough cylinder pressure? I've had a couple small engines I almost had to run for a minute or so on either to get things warmed up enough to get running. Both of my experiences the head gasket was leaking.

Jeff-
What's up with the 1" taller seat spacing, bigger battery??

(Message edited by wcompton on December 06, 2004)

Joe how about the line and shut off ? It may be gummed or screen in the sediment bowl may be stopped up (if it has one). Since you traded carbs it has to be between the carb fitting and the fuel fill hole ... short subject ;)

Richard that looks like a good place for a fan shroud. My 129 doesn't have one but the 127 does , wonder why they decided to save 77¢ when they built them.

Wyatt you type faster than I do , you must not be watching tv ;) Maybe Jeff likes leaning forward to get that lean into it look. Looks like it has a tall battery from the cable showing. Looks like a good place for a rubber baby buggy bumper !

When I bought it, the PO had a car battery in it. He used some wood spacers under the front hinge mount and longer bolts in the back. It sits level, but gives just enough clearance for the bigger battery. Since it seems to be working ok, I just left it as is.

Does anyone know if a person can find or get a good used crankshaft for a kohler k181s engine.

Installed the hyd lift on my 127 but have a question. Where does the s shaped support go ? my parts break isn't clear where it mounts. tia Rob

(Message edited by rdehli on December 06, 2004)

Jerry B
I recently converted my 1250 from manual to hydraulic lift, --- I installed my control lever on the left instead of the right.

Use right hand to control hydro & left hand for lift.
Also my spirol pin is 5/16"

Question,

Does anyone know the HP it takes to run the hydro rearend pump?

Basically if you have a 125 does it take away from the engine approx. 2 hp or what?

Have NO fluid mechanic experience.

Thanks

Robb, Your right, it's as clear as mud!
I've never installed one but I'm sure someone will chime in.
23787.jpg

23788.jpg

(Message edited by cproctor on December 06, 2004)

Part #23 goes from just below the battery box on the pedestal (you may have to drill a hole, good luck getting in there with the engine still in the tractor), to the left (inside) front pump mounting bolt on part #5 (left side of the front "U" shaped piece).

Clear as mud???? BTW, it isn't absolutely necessary to run that brace, my 100 does not have one and it hasn't been an issue.

(It's supposed to make belt tensioning easier and more positive, but the pump doesn't pull hard enough to need a fiddle string tight belt so it isn't an issue.....I wouldn't run that belt very tight anyway, hard on the NLA pump assembly bearings, etc.)

(Message edited by sblunier on December 06, 2004)

Tim G,
Just curious as to why you would even worry or ask about it?
You plannin on doing somethin really special we need to know about?
eek.gif

Ok, I probly shouldnt ask but I need to anyhow.
I know my manual says 7 pints oil for the rearend of my 102. My question is how much oil will it hold if I replace the rear cover with one from a 123?
I am hopeing to use the rearend as the oil reserve for a loader project I got in mind.

Charlie/Lonny -

I don't think that's quite true as the inside of the transaxle boxes aren't the same size.

Lonny, it'd be easier if ya just pop the top cover off the trans and fill it that way. Then you don't have to change rear covers.

Latest posts

Back