• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

elec clutch as pto wear issues

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary noblit

IHCC Supporter
I'm sure many have not seen the inside of an elec clutch..Thought I would share with explanation..This is a warner ,non adjustable type..This mounted on a 1045 cub..I started hearing noises and a metallic sound(bearing noise).Deck started slow and with noise....Pulling the clutch proved the point.Before pullingclutch I made sure all spindles and pulleys were turning freely....The pics show only about 2/3 of clutch had wear on contact faces and the external parts had turned blue from heat and were directly adjacent to heaviest wear...Internal bearings were rough when spun by hand..My assessment is bearing wear caused misalignment..(might be wrong)..According to tag the clutch was built in'06...Some of the guys preach about the right clearence in adjustable clutches,this shows why...These clutches usually have quality bearings in them but..."if it whirs and churns it wears out"

Attachments

• 100_1564.JPG
    100_1564.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 100_1562.JPG
    100_1562.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 0
Back