• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 03, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gfedwards

displayname
Greg Edwards
I have a 1250 Cub that I got from someone that had just had the K301 engine rebuilt. It runs fine but it shakes like mad. Took the engine out and found that the engine builder had removed the balance gears and it has the crankshaft with the flat spots on the balance throws. I have an opportunity to get a set of used balance gears but the person has no idea what hp K series they came out of. Were the balance gears all the same? Or different depending upon the hp? Having the engine internally balanced is an expensive option that I would rather not have to do. Thanks.

Had a bit of a problem with my 127 over the weekend. It would not fire up.
I checked for spark, good spark.
I checked for fuel flow to the carb, no restriction of flow.
Carb is a new carb.

When I had the plug out I held my thumb over the hole, set the choke to full and spun the motor over quite a few times.

No fuel on thimb = fuel in combustion chamber ??

Decided to hold my hand over throat of carb to see if there was and suction, plenty of vacuume.

Reinstalled the plug, held hand over throat of carb to act as choke,after a few turns the motor fired to life
dunno.gif

Is it possable to air lock these carbs to the point where they will not let fuel flow through them?????

To Tom Hoffman,

Thanks for pointing me to those pictures. Did the second one come from Gale Street, near where S. River St meets the North ave bridge? I used to walk home from the YMCA (just up the hill from Gale St), past an unused IH building.

James C,
Is there air leaking in? That would make the mixture very lean, and the choke would add the fuel needed for a burnable mixture. I doubt the throttle shaft would get loose so quickly, but is the carburetor tight on a good gasket? I don't have any experience with the two-cylinder engines such as what would probably be in your 782, but I would think there would be a gasket at the carburetor, and at least one where the manifold joins the intake port for each cylinder, unless there are two separate carburetors. Are any of those loose or cracked/torn?
Yes, a clogged fuel filter could keep fuel from flowing enough to fill the float bowl in the carb. Is there plenty of fuel flowing when you take the fuel line off at the carb? Can I assume your engine has a fuel pump? If so, it would have to be operating, either by cranking the engine or supplying power to an electric pump, to check for fuel flow.
Let us know what you find.

Disclaimer: It's about 5:40 AM, so my brain isn't quite up to speed. Please disregard any obviously unclear thoughts contained in this post.

James C.-

That almost sounds like a bad fuel pump. I'd check the oil before trying to start it again to make sure the crankcase isn't full of gas.

Lonny, sounds like lack of fuel. Like the other guys say, make sure the fuel can get to the carb. Clogged fuel filter/line? A while back I had this happen in an "other brand" tractor. It ran out of fuel in the field and I left the gas cap off while I went to get gas. Came back and filled it. It would run awhile then would have to choke to stay running and then die. No rime or reason. I ended up finding a big bumble bee had flown in the tank, died, and would cover the outlet stopping fuel flow.

Trying to finish my 100 restoraion. Its not yet complete. Need to finish detailing and painting the motor and some small panels. The new tires and powdercoated wheels are on. Put all new switches and contols on. Hold on to your pocket book for those! Hope to have it done when the sun finally comes out in the spring.

Tom

71061.jpg

71062.jpg

Trying to finish my 100 restoraion. Its not yet complete. Need to finish detailing and painting the motor and some small panels. The new tires and powdercoated wheels are on. Put all new switches and contols on. Hold on to your pocket book for those! Hope to have it done when the sun finally comes out in the spring.

Tom

board-post.pl

Mike F:

Last I checked, Portland was still in Oregon. It does stay pretty wet out here but you hit it during some of the worst rain storms in memory. Next time, come in July - October if you get the chance. Great way to escape the heat/humidity.

Cubbies do seem to be in short supply out here; I'm always amazed about how much iron shows up on the auction sites in the midwest, never in my back yard.

However, I think I got hooked up with a 149 with a transmission problem this weekend. This will be my 2nd cub; I guess I'm bit.

Hope you find your way home well before the holidays.
Shift.gif

Kraig its a 18HP Subaru Robin V-twin. I don't have pictures of the whole tractor here but will post one tonight. Roger

Tom P., beautiful job! Did you want the steering wheel gray instead of black? Hey, you have that parked in your kitchen!
thumbsup.gif

Roger, Ah!
happy.gif

James C.

Check the vent hole in your gas cap, it may be plugged creating in a vacuum in the tank.

How true! I see what these mid-west boys pay for all this great stuff, and how abundant it seems to be and I'm jealous to say the least.

On the bright side, at least there are plenty of IH dealers close by for parts...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cubbies do seem to be in short supply out here; I'm always amazed about how much iron shows up on the auction sites in the midwest, never in my back yard.

Kraig,
Unfortunately the steering wheel was cracked up. I ground ou the cracks and filled them with epoxy, then sanded and sealed the whole thing. I just need to finsh by painting the wheel gloss black. I have a apartment in my shop from my bachelor days. Gotta fill it with something!!!Cubs and Gas Pumps!!!!!

71066.jpg

i`am out in my garage working on my 149,129,100 and i picked up the operators manual for the 129and read. storage info. couldn`t push my 100 2 days ago had a hell of a time getting her in the garage and in the manual it states to lock parking brake to keep clutch from sticking ! the light went on, I guess i need to read all the manual lol
coffee.gif

TOM P. - Where's Your Lift lever for the rockshaft? Are You installing the aux. hydraulic lift? I thought about putting skid-steer loader tires on My 72 like You have on that 100 before I got My Firestones. I bet they do a fine job of pulling and not marking up the lawn. Really great restoration....If You want another project I have a 70 Dad bought brand new in 1965 that needs a LOT of work....and is becoming a 100. I've bought decals and wire harness & ignition switch already and Yes, the $$$$$ do add up in a hurry.

Your shop looks like something from a magazine. Looks like a REAL comfortable place to work on Cub Cadets! Thanks for posting the pic's!
thumbsup.gif

if anyone knows how much hytran for a hydro unit in a 149 .. please post it
Thanks Don

Don T,

All IH Cubby Hydro's take approximately 7 qts of Hytran.

Latest posts

Back