• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 03, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Digger. A picture is worth a thousand words. And I see CC Specialties carries the part. Off I go!!

Brian J.
As do our other fine sponsors.
Heck, I even bought from one just yesterday.
thumbsup_old.gif

Todd H.-

For most stuff, you don't need more than 12 h.p. in a gear drive. My 128 tills just fine with the 1A with both extensions, pulls a 10" plow just fine, and has done everything I have ever asked of it. I've never run out of power. I built an 18 h.p. 582 (gear drive) because I wanted to plow without my feet going numb. That Mag 18 NEVER grunted at PD 13. It was just loafing along. Also, the clutch in these things was originally designed for a 10 h.p. tractor. My 582's clutch slips with stock parts. I think much above 12 h.p. will cause the clutch to slip under heavy load.

Thanks Matt, the point you made about the strenth of the clutch makes good sense to me. I agree I have never been short on power with my 128, but I have never run a tiller or blower. I am going to add the creeper to mine so I can run a tiller. Not much use for a blower here, as average annual snowfall is under 12 inches. Plus I already have a front blade.

Digger, Thanks. I just wanted to make sure the sixe before ordering.
Thanks again, John

149 is back together and running. a long day for me with help after supper have some issues , will deal with them later 1 step at a time . DonT
coffee.gif

Todd-
I'm guessing <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> never made a 148 or a 168 because if they did, they'd never be able to keep up with production!
happy.gif

Good question actually, who knows.....
dunno.gif

Ron-
I think it means you're out of power-steering fluid..........or is it that you're out of blinker-fluid when your muffler glows red?!?!?!?
71086.gif

Either way I think you're supposed to give the tractor away to the person you refer to as your "worst friend". That's obviously me....I'll be right over to pick it up!
happy.gif

Squirrel-Man-
I just got done cleaning up about 4-5" MORE inches of snow from today. Weather-Geeks are saying another 2" on Thursday, and then "significant snow may fall this weekend".

I feel really bad that you're not getting any snow.....that must be horrible!
71087.gif

Tom P. I just love your 100. I envy all you guys with surplus machines & parts availability. Just guess I can't have a perfect place to live as well as all that.
Starting out tomorrow to tour a couple thousand kilometres (1000 miles near nuff) doing family Christmas stuff, so, Seasons greetings to all, & remember who started it all.

Ron T., glowing red hot muffler usually indicates to rich on fuel mixture, lean it out a little and that should cool her down some.

Latest posts

Back