• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 03, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom P.-
Sharp looking 100! Although I'm not a big fan of customized cubs, I kind of like that whitish-grey steering wheel. It reminds me of the old VW bugs my parents used to drive when I was a kid.

By the way, what brand are those front tires? They look to have more of a "shoulder" on them than I'm used to seeing in a narrow tri-rib. Nice look!

Tom,

Nice job on the 100! What size are the rear tires? What is the width of the rear rims? Thanks.

Christopher,
Thanks its been a great project turned into an addiction. The rear tires are 23 x 8.5 x 12. The rear rims are 8 inch. I bought the rims at Glens Surplus, Shelby Ohio, the offset is different, the wheels are set in about 1 inch closer than the stock wheels. I think they look better.

Aaytay,
Thanks for the compliments. The wheel is not finished, It will get a nice gloss black paint job soon. The front tires are more squared off than the others I have too. They are Deestone 4.00 x 8.00. from ebay.

Dennis,
Thank you too for the compliments. I have not put the rockshaft in yet, and I might not.I have fabbed a cover for the hole and have not painted it yet. I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to bring myself to run it other than to pull the kids around the field in the trailer on a nice dry sunny day. I have the other workhorses in the shed to do the work. The rear tires should not tear up the yard as bad as normal bar type tires and I think they look good. Nebraska tire, Blems.

Thanks again

Tom

Don T. -

You'd find that in your 129 operator's manual, too
wink.gif

hi all i need to do some welding on the lift of the cub do i need to disconnect any ele. items as not to burn anything out? thanks chris

Brian W.

No restrictions in the gas flow, as the gas flows freely out the line leading to the carb.

I went out to start it today and it fired up allbeit a little slow.
I need to make up a clutch disconect for the 127 so I am not turning the hydro as I am trying to start it in the winter months.

Hey can all you guys in Wisconsin PLEASE go outside and Huff and Puff so I can FINALLY get some lake effect snow.....The 149 is saddled up and ready to go...Just need a little white stuff.
beerchug.gif

Our 122 needs brakes. Is this a difficult do-it-yourself job or would you recommend a shop doing it? Also if you can point me in the direction of a shop manual it would be much appreciated.

Hey guys, I have a 71 129 with Danco RD-2149 loader. I have upgraded to the 1" spindles from a larger tractor with rims. What would be the appropriate tire size? 16-6.50-8 or 18-6.50-8. The wife asked me what I wanted for X-mas and I was thinking of going with AG's all around or staying with ribs on front with Ag's on back running dually's. Also feel free to give me your input on what works for your tractor.

Thanks, John

Chris A.
ANYTIME you weld on anything with a battery in it, it's always best to unhook both terminals on the battery.
I personally unhook all the grounds to the frame just to be safe.

Mary H.
Just curious, have you adjusted the brakes to make sure that you really need them?
Since the 122 has an internal brake system, I'd try to adjust before you go replacing, JMHO.

Kurt,
We got another 3" today but I'm still hoping for that 2 foot mark before Christmas.
thumbsup_old.gif

John K.
It kinda depends on what size tires/wheels you have on the rear.

David:
There is an automatic compression release where a tab opens the exhaust valve on the compression stroke.
After the compression is released the tab drops the valve back down. The noise sounds like the valve is hitting the cam when it comes back down. I don't think that the noise is causing any problems, but like you I do not like it. I am going to find out if the spring did unhook again and if so try to put in a new one. The spring just hooks on a peg but there is a nob on the end and I am not sure if the spring will clear it.
Thanks for the response
PS I did get some seat time on the CC on Sunday. We got about 5 inches of snow. That was the first good snow we received in 3 years. I finally got a chance to test out my blower after I put on the smaller pulley and graphite paint.It works great.

I hear snow in my forecast, maybe a chance to sleep in, hmmm, have to find the leaf blower fuel...

Can somebody explain to me the hydro release mechanism? I took the cover off my 129 (the one between the legs) and there was nothing there to depress the two "buttons" on the hydro unit. The lever is on the cover, but it just spins around 360 and does nothing. What is supposed to be there? Thanks.

Hi guys got a question. I worked my 1000 pretty hard tonight plowing snow and as I was finishing I noticed the muffler was starting to "glow"! Its a replacement muffler on a pipe sticking out to the left front, not a stock one. But I am kind of concerned if something is wrong?? Never worked it this hard at night. Plow days I never notice it "glowing" before.
Kind of reminded me of my youth plowing at night with a Massey 44 diesel!
Thanks for any advise
Ron

Brian J.
The flapper as we call it pushes down on both hydro relief valves to release the pressure so you can move the tractor without starting it.
71076.jpg

71077.jpg

Hello, I'm Sorry I didn't mention in first posting. I'm presently running 23x8.5x 12 turf tires. But I have an extra set of wheels and tires They have the same turf tires on them. And I have dual wheel adapters. I upgraded to bigger spindles from a larger Cub I forget what model they were from.

Thanks for you reply
John

Wideframe wondering here.....IH made the 86,108,128. Why was there never a 148 or 168 ?

I told Kraig I would show a better picture of my 147. The first is how it looked when first put together and the second is how it is configured now. Roger
71081.jpg

71082.jpg

Latest posts

Back