• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 31, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paul - thanks much for the info and pics. Kinda hate to paint the sediment bowl (not glass) and fuel lines after I've prettied them all up but I really do want to keep this one as original as practical. One other thing I've been wondering about - roughly when did they change the Originals over from the plug oil fill to the dipstick, oil bath filter to paper, collar front axles to bolts and gabbed looking s/g brackets to more regular looking ones. On a side note - met a guy today with 150 or so Cubs between he and his brother - picked up a couple NF hydro pumps, tires and a few lights. Never had a pump so guess it's time to do some learnin! Thanks again Paul for sharing info with newbies like me.

Terry,
Sounds like you made a trip to Seymour. As far as I know, the "O's" all used the oilbath air cleaner and plug oil fill. The tube and dipstick and paper air filter element came about with the model 70. If you have an "O" with these it has had an engine change. The collared front spindles/axle were used up to S/N 10332. There is not a known S/N that I am aware of, when the S/G mount was changed from a welded mount to the cast one.

Paul - did indeed make it to Seymore. Tom was really nice and seemed very fair on prices. Had a little O with fenders and such on it but was able to muster up enough willpower to leave it despite a very fair price. Kept thinking of going back but fought it off. Did pick up a creeper for an O recently (my first) and seems ok except it wants to kick out when in high. Hopefully it's something minor as I've not had great luck with creepers lately. Thanks for the info on the various items - one of my Os does indeed have the dipstick but I have a couple good correct blocks so may be ok. Also have one with the paper filter so gonna have to work on that I guess. As for the hydro pumps I picked up - I'm really intimidated by them but I think Paul Funk or someone had a pretty good rebuild overview out there for guidance. Thanks again.

Since We are on the "O" topic tonight - Can anyone shed any light on this bracket that's mounted to a O tower I just got? It appears factory, but is mounted near where the regulator would normally sit. Any ideas?

262316.jpg

John, just a guess, it looks like an owner added bracket for an auxiliary fuel tank.
dunno.gif

Wayne S. Right now the Cub budget can't justify an electric lift. A couple of years ago a good friend just happened to be on that four letter word site and two good electric lifts were just listed at a buy it now price of $50.00 for both. He did and won't part with either one. I don't blame him either.

Frank C. I noticed a new neighbor had two older Cub Cadets sitting in his yard three weekends ago. His father-in-law sold Ryan McShane a 128 last fall. I think this young man may have an interest. I'll have to stop over and meet him soon.

Right now the 147 is on blocks. Some PO painted the center hubs white. When I went to use paint remover the white came off real easy and underneath it was aluminum. Under the aluminum was Cub Cadet yellow. Since there wasn't any wind yet I quickly applied fresh Federal yellow to the hubs.

Frank C. "Classie" is a cool name. The 147 won't be painted any time soon. I'll slowly work on getting the lights hooked up and other little things working. Still leaning towards Barney for the name. (Somewhat after the town of Barneveld, Wisconsin that was almost wiped out by a tornado many years ago. On a family outing to Madison, we drove by it a couple of years after and were amazed how quickly it bounced back from the destruction.) Fancy knows it by that name even though Ryan's suggestion of Scruffy also comes to mind.

I do agree with Charlie and others about setting neutral on a hydro first. When you step on the 147's brake you come to a slow stop and immediately start backing up ever so slowly. Setting neutral will be next after the paint dries and the tires are back on it. The decision is put on the Ag tires and Brinly hitch and get it ready for a Plow Day or just put back on the turf tires.

Off to work soon. We're doing nine hour days now. Everyone stay cool and be safe.
happy.gif

Any easy fix to a very slow hydro in reverse when cold?Does good when warm.Most always will barely move or won't move for about 5 min.

Daniel,
I'd bet you have an incorrect filter on the cub. A filter with a drainback valve will behave as described.

If the filter is indeed incorrect, the fluid may have a lot of air entrained in it, and may take a while to work itself out. May be a good time for fresh Hy-Tran

Also, check the relief valves to see if they are not sticking partially open..

Kyle -- Thanks for the confirmation. I want to take some pics of my front blade mounted on the tractor once my refurbish is complete, so it'll be pointless for us to install the mule drive until later on.

Had a good day here. My 129 loader has been having starting issues. I found it needed a Starter solenoid . I never have the time I should have till this fall to get beck at my Cubs. I did change the Battery position it now is larger lol and sits on the back weight. I now can build a box and some legs to hold the battery in place.

board-post.pl

after some looking around I see my steering box needs to be repaired again. I have a full power steering set up here for a larger tractor(Cub ) and I`am some tempted to put it on the loader . the loader is real hard on steering parts.

I think after power steering a foot controll hydro would realy make it a great loader.

board-post.pl

Back