• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 31, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thoffman

displayname
Tom Hoffman
Being a hokey fan and IH fan from the Chicago area, I need to post this. Take that east coast guys!
262246.jpg

man thats a nice tractor, oh and that shiny cup is nice also

WOW!!
I've been busier than a cat trying to cover **** on a marble floor!
eek.gif

Thanks for replying to my post the other day. This is the first I had a chance to read them.
I just got back from buying the 782. (pics later)
It came with a 44" deck,snow thrower,red IH wind breaker, and nice IH hub caps.
I think the problem in the hydro. might be a linkage problem. We'll see later next week.
I'm camping until Monday so I'll probably talk to ya on Tuesday.
Thanks again guys!
1AA_dance2.gif

MAN MADE IT, MAN CAN FIX IT.
Jake: It can be done but it's a pretty involved process.

Been there before...only on a 125. Gotta love when you think it's a big issue only to discover the safety switch tab is gone...

Brian: I had a Cub Day and was thinking of you. Yes, electrical problems can happen within 6". Case in point: Headlights work. One gets broken. Replace it. Lights don't work. Short story - just a bit of corrosion on replacement bulb's terminal. Listen to Marlin - it's usually sumpthin' simple. However, I'll disagree with Marlin to an extent and say that I like the Nightmare name (as long as you use it in an affectionate way). I had a 129 come in here that I still think was set up to teach school students to diagnose problems and then the program ended and "Classie" ended up in my hands. Many simple problems, but no majors. She's still running and mowing 5 years later in the custody of the friend that bought her. To be continued . . .
happy.gif

Marlin- I was hoping for a better name myself. Nightmare on Bob's Page just seems too negative. Yes, I think the 1250 is smarter than it's operator/owner. When will he "wake up" from the Nightmare ?

Brian:
262255.jpg

262256.jpg

Since the 169 came in here I've been thinking 1 may be enough (a 782D hasn't come into the picture, yet). Of the ones I've parted and still have parts from I don't find a hydro tube for the "late model" 149 that just followed me home so it's got to go on a back burner for now.
Anyway, we're pretty well spread apart (Harry's about 3,000 miles from here) but this forum kind of keeps us together (thank you, Charlie) and there's nothing that can go wrong with these old tractors that can't be fixed. Interest and desire. My phrase and I'm sticking to it. The hard part for me is no one in the immediate vicinity that shares my interest/passion/sickness when it comes to these old machines. That's why I check in here every week or so (like several times a day).
beerchug.gif
happy.gif

Now Frank that was a steal.I was just up in ME today and am going back on Tuesday.Found one but it wouldn't fit in the Huyndia sp...

Ah, Do-Da , you're coming to SOUTHERN Maine. The dividing line is about Bangor and then NORTHERN Maine is a couple hours more. If we don't have enough problems we go out and find some - like that 149 I just hauled home. I told the junkyard guy that I wouldn't part it out so now I can't-whatever. I had a really good thing happen today. A guy called because I put an ad in the local SwapBuySell Guide and he's interested in buying an IH Cub Cadet with his boys in mind (oldest is 11). How do we propogate that type of interest in a coming generation? This could become a subject that deserves its own thread, but I'm not ready to go down that road.
1a_scratchhead.gif
happy.gif

Since I had yesterday off and have to work some overtime today, I took two steering columns that each had one thing or another wrong with it and built one really nice one. I just moved some Cubs from the garage for shade and plugged in the fan. When it got too hot even with the fan i went in and rested a little. The now nicely rebuilt column is on a 127 rolling chassis that I'll soon be putting up for sale. That patience thing really helps.

Frank C. You're right about using any name in an affectionate way. Nightmare would be great for a pulling tractor. I'm torn with calling the 147 (barn find last year) Barney. It is one spunky little Cub Cadet.... SSsssoooo.... Anyone up to help naming the little fella a different name? He's definitely going to be a neat manual lift Plow Day tractor.

Have a SAFE and wonderful day.

262260.gif

Marlin-

Since my little "yeller feller" feline is named Barney I'm kind of biased. I see nothing wrong at all with calling a 147 Barney. If it's a gender thing just spell it Barni. Some guys here like to consider the hydros "female" and the gears "male".

Why don't you locate an electric lift for the 147? I do realize some feel they are too expensive and not necessarily dependable but there are people out there that have used them for years. A spring assist would be a good idea as well.

To me problem solving is another thing that makes this hobby interesting. I own about 20 or 21 tractors and most of them I bought without seeing them. There are 14 that I bought because they had a problem and the owners just gave up and sold them. My 169 I bought for 175. and it had just came from the IH dealer where the guy paid them 382. bill to fix it. Thanks to Charlie and the forum members I was driving and mowing grass with it in 2 hours. Sometimes we expect the problem to be huge when it is just a simple fix.
Brian use a jumper from the small post on the solenoid and touch it to the + battery terminal and if the starter engages the problem is in your switches or the solenoid isn't grounding to the tractor. Just my 02c

Marlin- Name it SCRUFFY. Since the day I worked on that Cub it has always had that sense to me.

Doug A-

Spray some PB blaster on that switch and it should help.

Back