• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 30, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgwin

displayname
Marty A. Gwin
Mike J.,

You have only posted this once in three years?!
If so, welcome!!
Go to the wiring diagrams section and click on Roland's fancy colored wiring diagrams and scroll down to the 105's. This should show you where you may have gone wrong.
thumbsup_old.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup_old.gif
    thumbsup_old.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 147
yep sounds like awire mix up or grounded wire. My F teminal grounded out not too long ago and I had to run a new line.

Welcome Mike

Hi,

I'm working on a 61 Model 100 and am looking for Mower Blades for the 42" deck.
Does anyone have the lengths and center hole specs. for those blades? An online source would be nice too.
Thanks in advance,
BKB

Bruce B.

Welcome. Your 100 was not made until at least 1963.

The blades you need are 759-3848 (qty 2) and 759-3850 (1). The hardened blades can be found here at the top of the page, CC Specialties. The are cheaper brands out there but they will not hold a sharp edge very long.

Hole 0.75"
Width 2.5"
length 11.0" and 22.19"

Jim

Thanks Jim,

One of the sites I found listed the Serial # 105831 as June of 1961

Casting # is 385058R1

This actually belongs to a friend and his father purchased it new, but he is not sure when his Dad got it.
I'll see if I can find CC Specialties.

Thanks Again,

Bruce

Bruce, up top in the business cards, right side. C C Specialties, click on the card and go from there. He has all sorts of great things on his site. PS: Welcome
WELCOME.gif

Attachments

• WELCOME.gif
    WELCOME.gif
    3.1 KB · Views: 147
ok I have one for the experts. I have a cub 129. I had restored it a few years back. I rewired the whole tractor as per the wiring diagrams on here. ever since I rewired it, I have been having a charging issue. it doesn't charge. I checked, rechecked, and checked the wires again and they are all correct. last evening I went out and tried the whole polarizing method of touching the bat and gen terminals for a few seconds. when I did so the generator started to spin. I didn't think this was normal, so I checked the wiring again, and as it turns out there were 2 wires touching together at the ignition switch. after I fixed that I started the tractor up and long behold it charged. ok that brings me up to today. I went out and fired it up, mostly to see if the battery was good and it started up but no charge on the indicator. I tried another polarize method and the same result of the generator spinning when trying to polarize. so could someone please help me with this major payne. I love this tractor to death and wanna get it running and charging properly. thanks guys!!!!!!!

On a hydrostat tranny. After using neutral to push it. What is the best method to get the two valve pins to come back up ?
I had used the neutral once before then I had to put some penetrating fluid on it waited then tapped around them with a punch and light hammer and they popped up, but now that is not working. Is it ok to spin off the caps they work through.

Gary C.-

Crank it up and watch the pins...they will pop up all by themselves.

I was hoping that relating a real life scenario than just saying to check all the wires and connections would help. I had the same issue with my V/R on the other 1450, but I swapped that with my 1200(this 1450 didn't come until a few weeks ago, with tiller, snow blade, snow thrower and most of a cab) As soon as I took the old v/r off, the back was all melted looking. I put the 1200's on the 1450 and vise versa and the problem followed. Why I didn't at least swap parts between tractors, well, I'm not the sharpest crayon in the Cub shed...
lol.gif

My other 1450 still has the engine out, I swapped a super steer axle in it, have done the cradle mod, other servicing was already done last fall. Thanks to CC Specialties, I have all of the parts I need to finally get her back going, until I decide she needs hydraulic ports and I have to get a hydraulic angle kit for the blade...

Attachments

• lol.gif
    lol.gif
    158 bytes · Views: 149
Joe D., is there a document number with a revision date at the bottom of that parts list page? Like this one [I see that it has "(1960)" near the circled parts]:

298764.jpg

298765.jpg

What you show is similar but still different than the prototype/pre-production blade.

298766.jpg

298767.jpg

298768.jpg

Can you post more photos of the actual parts or more of that manual?

Attachments

• 298768.jpg
    298768.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 154
  • 298767.jpg
    298767.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 159
  • 298766.jpg
    298766.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 171
  • 298765.jpg
    298765.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 167
  • 298764.jpg
    298764.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 150
Do ya suppose that angle adjusting tube would survive "Blunier Ramming Speed"?
Shift.gif

Attachments

• Shift.gif
    Shift.gif
    3.1 KB · Views: 155
Cory S.

The issue could be simple and could be complicated. A no charge issue is usually one of three things, loose connections, SG issue or voltage regulator.

I will assume you have a voltage meter.

What is the voltage across the battery key off?
What is the voltage across the battery key on not running?
What....... while running?

"ever since I rewired it, I have been having a charging issue" Could the new wiring could be the problem, just saying/asking?

Jim

Gerry Ide

No that adjuster would not last me one clean up with the amount of snow we get .
clappy.gif

Attachments

• clappy.gif
    clappy.gif
    1.2 KB · Views: 152
Hey Guys - just wanted to throw it out there that we have the Cat 0 3 Point Tiller Adapter Kits reproduced.

298772.jpg

298773.jpg

Attachments

• 298773.jpg
    298773.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 151
  • 298772.jpg
    298772.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 148
BRS requires much more substantial hardware!!!!!!

My tractor just started breaking the front friction discs on the driveshaft while mowing, there has to be something wrong in the hydraulic pump to stop the drive-shaft to let the motor tear out these discs. Does anyone else have a clue what could cause this and how to cure the problem? It happens on flat ground and not in high grass. It is a '77 CC 1250. Thank you.........jbresser

Latest posts

Back