• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 30, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbrigham

displayname
Brendan Brigham
Matt, yepper on the primer. I figured as soon as I dry it with my heat gun I would spray the primer in there real heavy so it runs the whole length.
I think this cab has seen a lot of salt as this was owned by a town highway dept. Still in real nice shape though so I want to get it done before winter.

Did you guys see this? Just released last week! Hmmmmm new project???
93477.jpg

Tom, I bet someone south of us has the replica in 1-16th already. Also he probably has one for me too.

169 Hydraulic Lift Retrofit

According to information received from formum members, I need to adjust the pressure on the lift side when retrofitting the hydraulic lift assembly, by using adjustment shims when installing the new cone valve and spring. Can anyone tell the steps to adjust the pressure?

Thanks,

John-David Reaves

Well....the 73 that's been running so good finally gave a problem. Started it up and it was so rich it looked like a diesel. Took the float bowl off thinking I had something stuck in the seat and realized the float felt awfully heavy. Has anyone here tried soldering the cracks ? I filed a small hole to drain the gas and proceed to solder everything. Hehehe...it's almost coated in solder. Wonder how long it will last.

hood question: my 107 doesnt have a hood ornament. there are 2 holes in hood right near front grille;looks like thats where ornament would go. did 107's have a hood ornament? I checked parts lookup-didnt see one on the page diagram for hood and grille. If they did have one,whats it look like? cant go around with empty holes thats just gross.

Brendan:
It'll be too heavy and will cause the gas level in the bowl to be too high. You can experiment with adjusting the tab, to counteract this, but I learned a while ago (last century) that unless it was impossible to replace, to get a new float..

Thanks for the encouraging words Kendall
lol.gif

I wasn't sure if it would be ok or not but figured I'd try it. I have a couple floats in storage, just have to find them. When I moved most everything went to a barn at my moms but I wasn't smart enough to make sense of what was going where.

SEARCH finally paid off.

Found discussion on replacement and checking/adjusting pressure via shims on implement and charge relief valves. It was posted in June of this year.

John-David Reaves

thanks Allen and Matt, I will do that. It's pretty bad, so will probably jump right to the acid treatment. thanks again for your replies.......mike

BRING METAL CHROME BACK TO LIFE

How to restore metal chrome (lift handles, pto handles, bumpers, hub caps, etc) to beautiful high polished luster and remove light rust. Apply a small amount of automotive paste wax to the chrome with extra fine steel wool. Rub lightly in a circular pattern. You can actually feel the small debris cut from the surface as you apply the paste wax. You will feel a slight resistance initially, but then it will begin to feel smooth. STOP. Now wait for the paste wax to dry. Buff with a soft rag. This will make the chrome look new. But it does remove a microscopic amount of chrome each time, so it can't be done very often. Better to keep item clean and waxed after initial restoration, rather than to restore too many times.

John-David Reaves

Harry- 107's didn't have a hood ornament. If you look 4 posts down from your post where you asked your question you'll see Charlie's 147 which has the same hood that your 107 should have. The correct hood should have the raised center panel. It's possible that someone could have switched the correct hood with one off of an earlier model though, like a 125 that had a hood ornament. It's a little arrow looking chrome piece that bolts on there. I'm sure most of our sponsors have a good used one laying around.

Got the 582 clutch installed and tested out. Added a bearing that has a sleeve on the back to keep from binding on the shaft, and also a 5/8" spacer to stiffen the spring up along with new billet pressure plates.

93515.jpg

Hello from the Qzark Mtns. I don't want to be a lurker so, I thought I better post something. I won't blow smoke about how great you guys are, I can tell from reading the Vault, most of you are pretty secure in who you are and what your abilities are. My 2 and 1/2 Cubs are in good running order (the 1/2 is a cub we can't talk about here) but, I still had a bad Cub week due to my own stupidity. I missed a 1450 by $30.00 on a sealed bid (the guy got it for far less than 1/2 of what it was worth) because I listened to some friends who claimed no one would bid on it and I tried to steal it.(got what I deserved) I missed 2 149's by getting there too slow. Not many Cubs in my area so, I'll have to do better! My cubs are work horses and good mechanically. The 70 is good enough to restore but, won't get it until the grandson is big enough to help, then take it home with him. I don't want to compete for the longest post so, more later.}

I just finished restoring my Farmall C and thought I would share a look of my collection with you folks. I get them all out together about once a year, couple are, missing as they were at the farm.
Getting kind of hard to get them all to behave for a picture
rofl.gif

93518.jpg

Ryan Mull Just wondering what you would have done if that Cub would have gone over backwards, or if you would have dropped the boy when the front end hit the ground.

I don't care what you do as an adult but a child should not be put in that situation.

Pictures like that do not belong on this or any other forum.

Great looking collection of tractors Tom. That neat looking garage must be where you keep them. Just wondering how many can you actually get in there.

Richard:
You missed some points:
1: He was in the street.
2: No helmets
3: Looks like rain
4: No boots
5: No gloves
6: NHRA requires long wheel studs on race vehicles
7: No seat belt
8: Potential airbag deployment
9: Class and vehicle number not showing
10: The kid looks like he's having waaaaay too much fun.

I'm gonna cut D. Ryan some slack myself and assume he knew what he was doing and the potential risks (He looks to be at least 21). If the picture was too graphic for this forum, I'm sure the moderators will clip it..
lol.gif

Oh, and happy Labor Day to all you workin' stiffs (keep at it, I start Social Security this year and somebody's gotta pay for it !!)

Latest posts

Back