• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 26, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
308310.jpg

Could someone post a picture of the location, dimensions and thickness of the #9 hood bumpers. There are NLA and would like to make a few for my 128 as I see the the upper cast piece is rubbing on the lower cast piece.

Thank you.

Attachments

• 308310.jpg
    308310.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 116
  • 308310.jpg
    308310.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 119
Kirk,

My Os and 70s came with 6" rims and 6-12 tires.
My 128 came with 8" rims and 23x8.50-12 tires.

Jim S,

Not to be a smarty pants, but...make them a little bigger and put them where it is rubbing.
biggrin.gif

I think these did not stay on very well, and people quit using them.

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 123
Wheels are measured from inside the bead lip to the inside of the other bead lip. Not outside edge to outside edge of the wheel.

Just saying...

Jason,

Where are you? Up all night wrestling Tru-Powers or what?

I'm headed to a garden tractor pull. And while we have been talkin' tires, gonna see if the Kenda Executioners can kick some hiney again on my IH CUB CADET...to keep this somewhat on topic

Howdy fellas! The report on my IH Cub Cadet model 125 is this: Sandblasted six engine pieces this week, and painted them. These pieces were in tough condition. I'm pleased to find a perfect flywheel screen. The drive hub has little wear, not much!

So, I'm headed out to the cubby shop to clean the flywheel housing off the Kohler K301. Not planning to paint it. However, I do have a broken stud that seems to have twisted off. The former owner must be blamed. This stud secures the fuel tank support.

Guess I'll get this flywheel housing squared around, finish the engine clean up. Hope to at least get the engine mounted back into the frame today.

Jason W,

Very nice set of tires! Glad you got them both finally. I would have reacted "indifferently" had they only sent me "1" darn tire. But, kudos to you! Your 149 sure is shaping up!

Have a great day Members!

Kirk L -

Quote:
"Where are you? Up all night wrestling Tru-Powers or what?"

LoL, Nope actually all the Tru Power "wrestling" was ystrday evening right before my bead seal post. Thought I would be slick and went straight to bed after post and was hoping to wake up w/ all kinds of ingenious ideas about sealing these bad boys!!!!
rofl.gif

Marty -

My thought was the Ratchet Strap also, worked pretty well on the oLe Jackson Cart tires. Seems like I do remember the dreaded starting fluid method from my youth, that method never actually crossed my mind till I read Jim's post LoL.....

Ratchet Strap w/ core removed is probably the route I'm going to take since neither Operaters or Service manuals address the issue.

Oh yeah also it looks like the Tire Manufacturer does not even address an 8.5" rim until you get into the 12" wide LUG Tire's.......

308315.jpg

But if you look at the Turf Section then the 10.5" tires are designated for 8.5" rims......

308316.jpg

Attachments

• rofl.gif
    rofl.gif
    388 bytes · Views: 123
  • 308315.jpg
    308315.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 129
  • 308316.jpg
    308316.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 121
  • 308315.jpg
    308315.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 123
  • 308316.jpg
    308316.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 110
Hello everyone
Can I hear everyone's thoughts on a 2185 mtd cub cadet with a kholer motor? Thanks in advance

How are you gonna measure inside the lip when the tires are on!!
bash.gif

I ain't gonna take the tires off to just measure the rim width.
facepalm.gif
lol.gif

Attachments

• facepalm.gif
    facepalm.gif
    898 bytes · Views: 123
  • lol.gif
    lol.gif
    158 bytes · Views: 120
  • bash.gif
    bash.gif
    904 bytes · Views: 122