• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through August 20, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbradford

displayname
william bradford
Hi every one. I was wanting to know if a 341 crank and rod will fit in a 301 block.thanks

NIC - Good one!
rofl.gif

WILLIAM - I've never tried to put a K341 crank & rod into a K301 block, but I think it should fit fine. K341 engines and parts are WAY too expensive for me. I know the bearing diameters are all the same, rod journal, etc. The counter weights on the crankshaft for balance may be different.

nic, that would expain the rod sticking out under the seat.. lol

The reason I ask is I have a 127.2nd time rebuilding, less than 4 hrs torqued the rod to spec.an it backed out wiped out the crank. anyway I picked up two 341s yesterday, trying to find a way to fit it in the narrow frame. Swapping the crank an rod would be the easy thing to do.

did you find 2 cub cadet K341s and if so where? they are hard to find in my area

William,

I'm voting yes also. It might just have a bit more stroke than stock. That's a good thing.

Secondly, with the bolts coming lose, did you have the oil hole pointing toward the cam?

Yes the hole was in the right direction. I had to get the crank welded an turned from the first attempt.the 341s are ag pump motorsthe only diff is the diameter where the pto is an it has a starter. allso got two briggs 16 hp with starter gen. got all of them started today. all 4 for 650.

Aw, Come'on guys. Give Hydro Harry a break. I bet he forgot more than you know, Nic!

Harry's a big boy.. He can take a little ribbing! Lord knows he'll give it when he has half a chance! LOL..

Gear shift they say....looked like a winch on the seat to me....just sayin !! HA HA
Slant%20Tongue.gif

Guys, I replaced the spindles on my Cadet Original mower deck and the spindle belt is real tight. I ran the deck for about 3 min to test it. When I shut it down I felt the spindles to feel for heat buildup. They were hot...
Could this be the cause of a tight belt? Or?

Hello ! My 147 rolls over and have fire to the coil and still no fire to the spark plug
1a_scratchhead.gif

Could this be the points ? Just want some where to start . Thanks Don

SCOTT - Is the belt you're tightening the toothed timing belt? Dad traded our '63 Original off because I broke that belt twice, once each year, and it cost $22 in 1964 Dollars! Run it looser so the pulleys can jump a tooth or two if a blade hits something. Dad ended up playing cards with the new owner of our original when he retired... the replacement belt lasted over TWENTY years.

Yes, a too tight belt will make the bearings run hot, hard on bearings too.

Don T,

Yep, I would start with the points first. Inspect, clean or replace if necessary and set the gap.

Don..If you take your points cover off, crank the engine over and see if the points spark/have fire.It sounds like you have a bad coil but I would check the points first as Ron S. suggested. Keep us posted.

Latest posts

Back