• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 16, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig-
On my place, my old 169 would take just about a tank and a quarter to mow before; about 2.5 gallons. My 682 is a little better at just shy of 2 gallons to mow. My 782 with a CH20 takes just a hair over a gallon to mow, and the 2072 with the upgraded 825cc engine has gone to doing it at about 1.5 gallons.

All in all, I think the "sweet spot" would be the 725cc engine, NOT modified, in a 782. As my 782 sits, the 624cc engine I have is pretty nice, it doesn't shake, is good on power and fuel. After adding power steering, it's easily the best all-around machine I've got, but that 2072 makes me smile more!

David - you didn't say what you were doing about the spindle on your 108. I doubt that R-clip with hold the wheel very long, and I wonder how much end play there is and what's happening with the wheel bearings.

Thad Bergh: Broke the crank? I'm betting you meant connecting rod.
happy.gif
That said, I think that's a heck of a rebuild kit for the price. A bit of overkill with the new carburetor, coil, and main bearings, but they just add to the good price. Plus, I see there's 10% off on first orders? I hope you go for it and come back and tell us how it works out. Maybe someone here has tried it and hasn't seen your post. Maybe I'll try it! Good luck, whatever you do. Did I mention the 123 is special?
happy.gif
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 130
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 123
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 129
Harry, I have some other spindles from a parts 109, should be correct I hope. The 108 pieces are junk, the bolt holes are all wallered out and the PO used the cheap hardware store $5 bushings in the wheels, more junk.

Also the axle pin has been welded to the rear of the frame channel with a big washer. I hope I can get it out w/o wrecking the bushing. This thing, despite the good looks, was nearly un-driveable what w/the clutch/driveshaft issues and the loosie goosie all the front end slop. From the looks of the underside of the axle, there has been some welding done there for some reason or another. I may just swap a different axle in also while I'm at it

I'll make it right, just hope I can before then IHCC sumer show on Labor Day weekend.

316753.jpg

316754.jpg

Attachments

• 316754.jpg
    316754.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 120
  • 316753.jpg
    316753.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 115
  • 316753.jpg
    316753.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 121
  • 316754.jpg
    316754.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 133
David S,

Don't worry if you do not finish in time. You have that super nice 104 to take with you!
It appears the PO was practicing welding on the axle before he went to the washer/axle pin. It didn't do him any good.
err.gif

It looks like where a chicken has been!
lol.gif

Attachments

• lol.gif
    lol.gif
    158 bytes · Views: 122
  • err.gif
    err.gif
    251 bytes · Views: 122
yes i meant conecting rod opened the oil pan bad news broke at the crank took a chuck out of the bore about 1 to 2 inches wide 1/2" or so deep looks like i need a new block anyone orderd thru rfhoutz or cub cadet classics they both have standard bore block

Marty,I took a 2nd look at the axle. It looks like they were trying to weld up the groves cut into it from mule drive pulleys. Groves in the 'C' frame channel also. I can fix that, even if I have to make new bushings.

Thad- Let's see a picture of the block. It's probably usable if it's not broke to far up.

Placed an graded 40 tons of rock on the driveway today. Rough graded with the 70, set the crown with the 100 and rear rake.

316758.jpg

316759.jpg

Attachments

• 316759.jpg
    316759.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 126
  • 316758.jpg
    316758.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 118
  • 316759.jpg
    316759.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 127
  • 316758.jpg
    316758.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 147
Brian,

Nice pair of tractors!
If you did that work here today, you would have passed out from the heat and humidity!

I did manage about half of a days work on my 100.

Latest posts

Back