• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 16, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Kendal!
So, the H/L amp wire is in the harness even though the unit had no headlamps when new??
Makes sense I guess, I know the 126 and the 104 I did last winter had that main wire already in the harness.

Kevin L.

Did you get the part for your spindle?
If you didn't, I have one. It has some wear, but should still work fine.
Pay the shipping and it's yours.

Thanks for the offer Marty, but one is on the way.
thumbsup.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 129
On the 108 I recently picked up.
Parts missing here I believe
Like, what do I need to secure the choke cable??
Anyone have a good close up picture I can go by??
I think I have the throttle cable correct and just stuck the choke cable there for the picture.

Trying to get this one up and on it's feet in time for the big Labor Day IHCC chapter #5 show at Charles City, IA
Thanks !

316730.jpg

Attachments

• 316730.jpg
    316730.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 135
  • 316730.jpg
    316730.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 137
David, you'll need the choke bracket and clip that Scott kindly linked to. Here's where they go:

316732.jpg

^ Choke bracket installed but no choke cable yet. Lower right in photo.

316733.jpg

^ Choke cable installed but view partially obscured by coil. You can see the bracket sticking out from behind the coil. EDIT: Note that the choke cable bracket was moved from the lower shroud mounting bolt that it is shown on in the top photo to the upper shroud mounting bolt which it shares with the coil bracket in the bottom photo. Sorry for any confusion.

Attachments

• 316733.jpg
    316733.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 171
  • 316732.jpg
    316732.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 141
  • 316732.jpg
    316732.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 138
  • 316733.jpg
    316733.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 139
FWIW, several years ago while purchasing something at our local general store one of those clips came out of pocket with the change. The lady cashier recognized it immediately! Seems when she worked in Connecticut her job was inspecting them as they came off the assembly line. Said she'd seen thousands!
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 130
Thanks to all for the advice and to CCS for the trunnion parts. I am putting the replacement hydro in my 169 this weekend and have a day or so to test things out before I put it all together. This is a used hydro and I hope it works, the PO said it worked last time they used it. Is there anything I can test now before I spend time putting it back in? Like how do you test an automatic relief valve? I've learned so much from Wayne's posts it almost feels like I'm cheating here!

#FFF
Phase II of testing the 2072 SGT (stroker GT) has it on the prowl with a 54GT deck. Midwest Super Cub estimates the output after the stroker kit in the mid 30hp range. It bumps up compression to 10:1 and I've found that 91 octane is the minimum, as well as running 20w-50 for oil. It took a clutch from Extreme (Arrowhead Automotive) to have a PTO that would hold the torque.
316742.jpg

Attachments

• 316742.jpg
    316742.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 166
  • 316742.jpg
    316742.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 143
Wyatt, now that you have it all together, does it still torque the frame like it did in your test video where you revved it up?

It's not as noticeable, no.

Here's something funny I noticed after taking on fuel- it STILL uses less gas than my 169 did!

No teaser spring at all, short piece of pipe in place of it, & standard roll pins. Only one bolt holding the engine to the frame.
Obvious the unit was repainted recently and re assembled by an idiot.

Front axle spindles??? WTF?? Anybody's guess, I haven't had the wheels off yet.

I'll get it cleaned up, back in proper trim and have a heck of a nice little 108.

This is the one that was in MN for like $75 a couple months ago. I think Charlie mentioned it at one time.

316747.jpg

316748.jpg

316749.jpg

Attachments

• 316748.jpg
    316748.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 142
  • 316747.jpg
    316747.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 139
  • 316749.jpg
    316749.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 120
  • 316748.jpg
    316748.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 127
  • 316747.jpg
    316747.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 154
  • 316749.jpg
    316749.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 123
David-

I'll have to admit I've never seen pipe used as a spacer but it sounds perfectly acceptable for an idiot. I'd weld up that throwout arm and smooth it down with a file, BTDT many times. Be sure and check the pivot holes that should be 3/8". I've found the more you "tighten up" the better everything works. The bushing in the 3 pin driver is rather inexpensive and easy to replace as well while you're in there if it shows any wear at all. And how's the drive shaft? I did the clutch in my 108 (Turtle)last year and it serves well as a yard puller for the time being. There's nothing like a new clutch.

Good luck!

Kraig,

The K341's are thirsty. I regularly use my 1450 and 1650. I've run the exact same 44a deck on both tractors, mowing the same property. The 1450 will use 1/4 tank of gas, but the 1650 will use at least 1/2 tank or a bit more.

I've mowed a larger property with both tractors. The 1650 will run out of gas before I finish. The 1450 will have just under 1/4 left.

Another quirk I've noticed. At the larger property, which is fairly open, I can mow it faster with the 1450 and 44a deck than I can with the 1650 and 50a deck. I've not even pulled the 50 out of the barn this year. I'm using the 44 and looking at putting my 38 back in service. The smaller decks seem to do a better job, at least to me.......

Wayne, I just popped back in to double check the parts lookup. Seems there are no washers on the ends of the main spring, so will find a couple for there. I had a new T/O bearing in stock as well as teaser springs and cups so I'm good to go in that dept.

Resurfaced the clutch plates on the belt sander, they look good as does the driveshaft. Touched up the clutch disc (still original type w/metal core) on the belt sander as well to get the glaze off it.
Welded up the arm also and got that ready to go back in. Will pull the unit back out and wash up the engine compartment before I re assemble. Won't be long now!

This will make #12 to complete the 2 loads of Cubs I plan on taking to the show Labor Day weekend. Most will have attachments to show off as well although most will be wearing their work clothes except for the 126, 104 and this 108.

169's have a definite drinking problem!!!!! Pull like a late freight....but gulp gas doing it!!!!!

44 is far and away a better deck than a 50...no contest. 54GT out runs them all!!!!

Latest posts

Back