• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through August 14, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David S. There's supposed to be a roll pin that goes through the center of the shaft and extends through the bottom of the shifting fork. Sorry I don't have a picture. Maybe someone else will have one.

I will be at the Sycamore show Sat and Sunday with the 982td come by and listen to her whistle.

Charles Krill: You asked...

During the development stage, test models were painted in colors of both the IH IndustriaL Division (Yellow with white trim) and the IH Ag Division (Red). The IH Committee which approved the final production Cub Cadets, liked the look of the Yellow/White of the IH Industrial Division better and was approved. In fact, the first Cub Cadets were marketed to IH dealers through the IH Industrial Division. Eventually they became their own division, The IH Outdoor Products Division. Paul Bell has the committee reports on the subject and has posted them in the past. See the color of the Industrial division made Skid Loader....

Myron B
89864.jpg

I'm hoping someone can lead me in the right direction with a problem I'm having with my 105. I don't know very much about these things so it might seem like a stupid question. And I'll explain it the best I can. OK, simply put to keep it running it needs to be partially choked for way too long. Before I would choke it, start it, and within a minute or so I could push the choke back in and it would run fine. At this point I need to leave the choke slightly pulled out for an hour or more, or it will die. I routinely do the oil, spark plug, air filter....but nothing with the carb, which I'm guessing is where the problem is. I'm not sure what to check or how to check it. Hopefully someone can help and lead me in the right direction.Thank you kindly for any and all advice.

Jarrod- The first thing I'd try is to richen the fuel mixture a little bit. To do this you turn the screw with the spring underneath on the top of the carb out about 1/4 turn at a time until it starts running better. I like to do this while the motor is running so I get the instant feedback of what it is doing.

Got it, adjusted the idle speed closer to where it should have been too. Running like a champ again! Thank you Nick.
beerchug.gif

I've tried a "search" but as usual- no results. I am looking for a diagram of how/where to cut off the lift handle on my 126 for the installation of a hydraulic lift. Can someone post this?

I know this has been posted over the last 30-60 days so I can't understand why the search won't work. "search" option is infinitely frustrating!!

thank you for telling me the story of why cubs are white and yellow, best of luck to everybody & their projects.
bubbly.gif

Paul E. Funk,
It was the roll pin that had broken. Slipped in a new one and I'm good to go. Thanks for the information.
David

Hey everyone, I became the proud owner of a Original today. Serial number 20037. When I restored my 149 a few years back I remember finding a website that had the serial number to the month and year of manufacture chart. Anyone know what site has that info? I think it's a 1961 but wanted to find out for sure. Thanks, Nick

Hey Nick..While you are at it...try reading the rest of the FAQs....that's why they are there...

Myron B

Hey Kraig,
I can do white too!
biggrin.gif

Kinda sad to repaint a NOS seat, but it was pretty scratched up.
Seems the box it was in also had the bolts and brackets included and the paper they used to be wrapped up in, got loose and did a job on the seat.
It looks all better now though.
89866.jpg

89867.jpg

Charlie, you have to be getting pretty close to have enough NOS parts to build a complete NOS Cub by now right?

Yes but how much is the proper box to put it back in going to cost him???????

OH yea!
I'll give you guys a little tip on painting.
Make sure that after you bring small parts into the house to cure/bake them in the oven. That you don't wet sand and re-bake them and take'um back out to the shop for the final coat that you remember that the HUMIDITY has NOT come up while you were inside and hits the piece while your making your way out to paint'um again!
bash.gif

Latest posts

Back