• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 12, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am having a real problem finding the wire that connects the bottom to the main part on my oil base air cleaner for my 7hp carb. I was wondering if someone had a idea where or how to put on together to complete the oil base cleaner. Maybe someone knows someone who can make one or just where I might find one........thanks

todd-thats what i did on my cub cadet to put the rear pto in i cut the splines off the back of a cub shaft and TIG welded it to the back of a cub cadet shaft.

The existing nose piece broke when the ramps were kicked out from under the tractor while I was loading it into my truck, the back hit first, slowly thank god so I didnt lose an axle (three point hitch acted like a wheelie bar so it didnt flip over backward), and then the front was helped off the tailgate, but on the way down the bottom of the nose piece smacked the tailgate and gave my cub a broken nose (looks like rocky uppercut it haha.) I'm just glad nobody was hurt and that I only got a few bruises, I've got a new nose piece on the way from Chris Westfall so ill have a fresh one to work with as well. heres the damage
228832.jpg

228833.jpg

228834.jpg

228835.jpg

Its pretty well broke I'd say, as well as bent and twisted up some on the bottom. And I know, I know, I shouldve had help but I didnt, it was definitely an eye opener, and I will say all things considered, I was extremely lucky.
And today was fairly productive despite the stink and haze from that wildfire in VA, I made a new headlight panel out of the same 16ga steel from my fenders, much stronger than the OL mesh I had before. Not bad for a drill press, sabre saw with a metal blade and an angle grinder.

228836.jpg

Glen, and anyone else,
Ramps should always be secured/connected/hooked to the truck, trailer, or whatever you are using them on, to prevent just what happened to you. If they are not secured, one spin of a wheel can/will kick that ramp out from under the tractor and down you go.

So this morning at 6:00A.M. the wife says we're going to a craft fair down the road 2 hours away.
On the way, We see an estate sale sign, so I whip in.
I had my Cub 50th Anniversary hat on and this old guy ask if I wanted to buy some Cub Cadet stuff that he hadn't put out. I said sure!
Needless to say I was pretty dang happy to see what he had to sell, LOL
228838.jpg

Then I reluctantly took the wife on the the craft fair, I thought it might be the best thing to do!

Marty A. Gwin

The sonic cleaner is a model DSA50-SK 2-.5L
www.designtechnologyinc.com I have see that it cleans a cub carb real nice. I was told it will clean gelled gas and I will try my worst runnig cub carb in the am and see if I can get it working like it should. Later Don T
old.gif

Charlie ! nice score
greenthumb.gif

Charlie,
Did you step in dog doo doo this morning?
I hear it's good luck.
You lucky dog....

Don T.
I use one of those ultrasonic cleaners and use fuel oil in it.Don't let it get too hot!!!
explotar2jr.gif

Don T-

OK, we see the price being $220+ so what did you "steal" yours for? I'd love to have one of those easy working contraptions over my electrolysis but.... And I can't even clean a carb with electrolysis. Great find.

Charlie-

I'm now convinced that you could fall in a bucket of crap and come out smelling like roses.

Didn't have to mow or water today. After 53 days of no rain, we finally got 1". I thought we would never get it!

Charlie doesnt smell good after falling in a bucket of sh1t but at -20 you really don't notice so much.
happy.gif

Charlie, you just grow the whiskers right before Christmass?

Got a project I'll be trying to get running over the next month or two. IH CC 122 that I'll be working with a friend to get running and I'll probably be asking a few question if we start hitting our heads against the preverbial brick wall, so please be patient with me on this.

We're only, at this point, trying to get this running. It comes with a front blade. (sorry, no pics with the blade)

228864.jpg

You can see all the pics I took of this tractor here:
http://moorefoto.smugmug.com/Misc-Images/IH-Club-Cadet-122/18521778_KknLbW

I do need to ask... anyone have the PN for the voltage regulator on the 122? ...or a parts list? Just starting my searches and hope someone more knowledgeable can assist with the basics.

Thanks...

ps: emails are welcome.

Chris, Above the yellow strips are the colorfull Sponsor boxes, most of those can help. And in the center of those boxes is the parts lookop, Click on that and put 122 in the search, You can find the part number. You got what looks like a good candidate. you'll do fine. I guess my question to you would be if you don't have it running how do you know the regulator on it doesnt work?

Chris,
Looks like a great "starter" project! Nice options o it like the John Deere weights and Hydro lift.

can anyone tell me were i can buy a rear end /trans. seal/gasket kit for 61,2,3,original

Latest posts

Back