• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 05, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
321780.jpg

Charlie I think your wrong, that load of Dirt is a present for somebody and they just did a poor job tying the bow.

When I was building my place I was always needing more dirt for different projects, so my wife ordered a load of dirt for my birthday. When I came home from work it was sitting there with a big bow on it and birthday card.

NF Question.
When did the IH spring assist come on the scene for NF's?
Was looking through my hard cover TC113 for ser #'s 400,000 and below and find no mention of one like for the WF's.
Was the Brinly S/A the only thing available for NF's?

Hi I have a question I have A Kohler K301 and the crank has been turned down and I measured everything and right now it measures at 1.4658 and Kohler calls for 1.4995. So I think my crankshaft has been turned down .35 under is .35 to much what size rod do you guys think I should get?

Dave,

Narrow frame spring assist (IH) is referenced specifically, with photos, in my 1969 tiller install manual.

321782.jpg

Sand load:

I know I feel safer following him!!! I only hope and pray that there is something big and solid under that sand pile to justify the need for a strap.....but I'm not holding my breath!!!

Charlie,

I'm guessing that muffler cage (while cool in style/design) gets just about as hot as the muffler does after a little while of running......I'm not walking up to it and grabbing it just because it's there to protect me
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Hi I have a question I have A Kohler K301 and the crank has been turned down and I measured everything and right now it measures at 1.4658 and Kohler calls for 1.4995. So I think my crankshaft has been turned down .35 under is .35 to much what size rod do you guys think I should get?

Quinn-

Smallest available undersize that I am aware of (aftermarket) is 0.020" under. You are beyond 0.030" undersize. Why did the shop do that?

Matt

Not sure I bought this tractor from someone and it wasn’t running. Is .35 to small? Is .20 the smallest the crank could go?

Quinn G.
What Matt is saying is,
You now have a nice paper weight/door stop, as there's nothing beyond .030" under for parts. Nothing was ever made.

Larry K. - 4x6 & 4x8 tables on G&L boring mills are little. Most are 2-3 times that size. I worked at G&L for 2-1/2 years in purchasing. Great place, Even greater people. Last day I worked there three manufacturing engineers retired. 105 years of experience in manufacturing expertise left that day.

Dave S. - I pulled grenade gears out of a K301 without pulling the crankshaft. One closest to crankshaft was a bear!

Not tying down your load isn't necessary, but it helps

Quinn, this has bugged me all day. I'm no expert, but something just feels wrong. I'm not going to doubt your measurements, I might doubt the zeroing in of your measurement machine. Does the connecting rod come anywhere near to fitting the crankpin?

Any of the cheap calipers have failed me at work. If the crankshaft is out, take it to a machine shop just to verify the measurements even if they don't work on it. This is worth investigating before calling it junk. Verify it's actual size

Dennis. They are big enough for us. We have a Lehman lathe that is 40 ft between centers. I've seen pictures of ones that have catwalks over the beds they are so large. It's all relative to what you are used to I guess.

Good grief!!
Twice now in less that a week!!
She's pretty rough though, been sitting outside for years. Basically for parts. Guy claimed it ran....8 years ago!!

321802.jpg

321803.jpg

321804.jpg

Dave S don't give up on that little fella to soon,
the 70 is a nice little tractor. I use mine with a belly blade on my driveway quite often. It's a fun tractor to drive and easy to store.

David,

What do you mean "for parts"?
That could definitely be a fixer-upper.
I have got cubs running that have been sitting a lot longer than that!

Here is one I did a few years ago.

Before:

321808.jpg

After:

321809.jpg

Latest posts

Back