Archive through April 30, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never had to use the breaks on a hydro driven cub cadet yet.
I even had to remove them from my 127 so I could mount the fenders to the break brackets.
83384.jpg

Can anyone tell me how to find the front motor mounting bolts on a 128?

I have been having trouble disengaging my front PTO. Some times it does, sometimes it doesn't. I noticed that the motor rocks backwards when it won't disengage.

No matter what other problems I have, the motor shouldn't be moving around. I found the back bolts without any trouble but can't locate the front ones. Before I roll the tractor over to look, can anyone provide a hint?

I would be ever grateful.

Zimm

are the hydros just one forward or reverse with speed depending on throttle? or do they have a hi-lo range like gear tractors? thanks for info on this I am new to cub cadets. so before I get one & shoot myself thru the garage door - figure I ask ??? before I have another thing to fix around here.
also the 129 I am looking into does not have hydro lift.

joe,,
the front motor bolts are under right ubove the front axle hard to get to unless you jack the front end up,as for the pto goes it prolly needs rebuilt,jared

Zimm, the front engine mounts (bolts) on a 128 are accessable by jacking the front of the tractor up and moving the front axle up or down(side to side). You will have to use a wrench to remove/install them.

Harry M.-

Hydros are infinitely variable speed 0-8 mph forward, 0-4 mph reverse. No high/low and not necessary in a hydro. The brakes are easy to reline with some material from McMaster-Carr.

As for gear vs. hydro, I prefer gear drives, but not for mowing or snowthrowing. I prefer gear drives for ground engaging attachments, trailers, and snow plowing. Both have their issues that have to be corrected, and they wind up costing about the same to fix if you want to do it right.

hey lonny what do you use that 127 for?
also how much faster does it go?

well as for hydro vs gear drive
if only used gear drive cubs but have used other hydro mowers
if prefer the gear drives. no belts to slip, stretch, break. no need to adjust.
plus gear drives seem to receive more power than the hydros. not to mention they stay at constant speed.

Michael J

I use the 127 as a yard runner mainly, with 40acres to run around on there are times when I need to get from point A to point B in a hurry.

The 127 will do 10mph as measured by my fathers speedometer in his dodge van.

I am planning on seeing how well it will pull the 10" plow on the 10th of this month, dont know if it will have the power to do so with the larger tires.

Latest posts

Back