• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through April 30, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie.

That must be why I did not recive it, the ole spam filter ate it
pcwhack.gif

Hopeing to see how well the 127 will do pulling a plow next month.
The large tires might pose a problem with adjusting the plow and or take to much power to turn leaving not enough to pull the plow.
83335.jpg

Will be taking the 100 along just incase the 127 aint up to the task.

Can someone tell me what model CC come in diesel ??

Whats the price range for one?

Nuts, think I would have made the trip for a parts day. Could put a real hurt on the store. Hey Charlie, you have a good guard dog???

The first IH (MTD made) red diesel was the 782D and they probably average about $2000 when sold here in the midwest. Later yellow ones include the 882, 1582 and 1782 I believe. Roger

The 147, Original (#43541) and 125 are unloaded. Jeanne's working at the truck scales. Jeep, trailer and tractors = 6750 pounds. Jeep = 3850 pounds. Trailer = 800 pounds. My math says the tractors average 700 poounds apiece.
It's neat being able to put the cursor on the pics and seeing them named.
83375.jpg

83376.jpg

83377.jpg

83378.jpg

83379.jpg

83380.jpg

Hey, Don, don'tcha love the way I used the 147 for practice?
asthanos.gif

Nothing hurt -- this all happened in slow motion.

New here. I am looking into first garden tractor & older Cubs look like what I can have fun with. Need opinions on whether to go with a 129 hydro or a 106/120 manual trans. any pros/cons wither way? my use is for hauling a dirt trailer/grass planter in summer/snow plow in winter. I dont mind shifting-more interested in which will be less troublesome-easier to fix if a problem. Like the forum & dig(!) the videos of cubs plowin fields-never thought those little tractors could do that.thanks in advance

Harry:
Get a 129 ... hydros are much easier to deal with for day in day out use (unless you're going to plow gardens or tractor pull) and they're pretty bulletproof.. The primary issue is a cork gasket between the pump and the differential that may start leaking after years of use and it's actually a fairly easy fix (doesn't require a log splitter for spring compression like the clutch repair on a manual transmission model......) Of course, there may be other opinions...
whistling.gif

Geez, where's Hydro Harry when ya need 'em??

Allen: When you post a pic, above the browse area is an area to type a description for the attachment. The description attaches with the pic. I just learned that today.
Harry: If you get to read some of the former posts you'll see what a can of worms your question can open! I, for instance, would prefer the 129, especially if it has hydraulic lift. The best thing to do, if at all possible, would be to get them both. While you're reading former posts you'll see that one just leads to another,anyway!
asthanos.gif

oh boy 1 for hydro one for gear! I know I'll get one of each.
proud.gif

from Frank:
Harry: If you get to read some of the former posts you'll see what a can of worms your question can open! I, for instance, would prefer the 129, especially if it has hydraulic lift. The best thing to do, if at all possible, would be to get them both. While you're reading former posts you'll see that one just leads to another,anyway
I think thats how I wound up with 10 station wagons. I'm pretty sure I dont want 10 tractors considering it takes me all of 15 mins to cut my grass with hand mower.

What a time for me to post this....
Harry, GEAR DRIVE!!!
Oh by the way tommorrow night I will picking up a 682 that the PO said ran. It looks complete and comes with a mower deck. Also has 3 out 4 IH chrome center caps! Looks like I am crossing over to the dark (hydro) side of the force

Todd, your not fully in the dark side till you have hydro drive and hyd lift, your only halfway there bruhahahahha, resistance is futile!

How do I call up parts for an "Original" in the parts lookup? I tried "Original" and got nothing. Thanks

David G.

Type in cadet in the search box, it comes up as cub cadet.

well I came across one 129 for sale that runs/cuts good (according to CO) but owner says it needs brakes. he never put em on cause of the hydro,.
Are brakes hard to replace on these or really not neccessary?

if you have ever seen what happens to a hydro when a linkage falls off or breaks, you would worry about brakes, or the lack there of.
biggrin.gif

I've got a 1650 here that needs adjusting really bad, you just touch the hydro handle and it spins the tires and AWAY I GO!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back