• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 28, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Curt R.

For your Cub Cadet tire needs try Tucker Tire in Dyersburg, Tenn.

We planted the Fall Plow Day '04 ground last night....man was that some soft dirt after being fall plowed and then freezing and thawing repeatedly during our strange '04/'05 winter!!!! 6 row IH 800 Early Riser planter was a pretty decent load for the 656 up the hills in that soft ground, but it sure planted nice.

We also got rid of our old POS Glencoe mounted field cultivator in favor of an IH #45 Vibra-shank 22' trailing....BIG difference there as well.

Anyway, Fall of '06 we're back on for a PD in Central IL......last 2 weeks of Oct......mark your calenders!!!!!!

Went on a little cub hunt within my own neighborhood tonight and came home with a 108 that is a "basket case" it will need some TLC but I think that it can be saved and the best part is that it isn't gonna cost me a dime. Had to do some "horse trading" of labor to get it but I think that I will come out ahead on the deal. Sad part is that 3 Cub frames are gonna be meeting the impact wrench and flame wrench as part of the deal since the PO of the 108 was into GT pulling and has some frames that are "rollers" right now and he wants me to part them so he can list parts on Epay. At least though I am saving the 108 from the same fate, and it also has a sleeve hitch and creeper and all seem to work.

Howdy gang, I'm new to the forum but found some sources for add-ons for my ol 128. Been using it just for mowing but my wife does that and she got a J*** D**** zero turn from a friend. Works ok but doesnt do ditches. So, it got stuck and I got the REAL tractor out. Hooked up a chain, gave a grunt, and VOILA-a Cub pulling a Deere! I finally got a garage and have all the manuals in hand so I'm ready to do some Cubbin'! Thanks for all the pics and info. Looking forward to one day showing off mine!

Hey guys, can someone explain to me what the creeper is? I hear you guys talking about it all the time, but I have no clue.

Thanks,
Chuck

Judgeing by Travis' pic.........the WIX looks to be fairly close to the same construction as the 'Cub Cadet' filter. Although filtering ability is the most important issue.

What filter manufacturer makes the 'Cub Cadet' filters?

Bill, that's a good question. Maybe Mr Updike could look into that........

Oh Ken????

Chuck, think of it as a High/Low range gear box that sits in front of the transaxle.

Howdy fellow cubbers,
It's been a while since I posted but I am having a problem with my 1250. After reading in the manuals and the FAQ I am not finding much info on my problem. When I mow for an hour or two with my quietline it discharges the battery to the point that it will not start or engage the PTO clutch again until charged. It does not discharge however when you are just running the tractor, only when the PTO is engaged. Any ideas?

Chuck,

4:1 underdrive, usefull for tilling gardens and throwing snow, both situations where steady, slow speeds (slower than stock 1st) at wide open throttle are required. Also good for trailer loading/unloading in a very controlled manner.

It is NOT a TA like on the big IH tractors, it is NOT a "splitter" transmission that gives you 3 more "usefull" every day working gears......and it won't shift "on-the-fly".

Travis is 100% correct when comparing it to 4x4 LOW......just perfect 3-4 times a year for specific applications, but otherwise just a "cool option".

BTW, it's also great for teaching kids to drive....lock it into creeper 2nd/3rd and they can play with the throttle and change gears all they want without ever going over 2mph.

Jim Storma,
Since it only calls out the .006/.008 in the manual, I would say that is ok. But remember it says "At Gage Diameter", which on K Series engines is the thrust face, just below the bottom oil ring land at 90 degrees to the piston pin. These pistons are oval so you have to measure in the right location, THEN add the .006/.008 to get the final dimension to hone to. Kenny

Thanks guys, I guess I should have looked that up in the service manual, thanks for not flaming me.

Chuck

Guys: got a couple of questions- Model 122, my manual has no reference for draining and filling the transmission oil. I see a drain plug in the front of the tranny, where does it fill? And what grade? Fill at the back end? also, leveling the deck, are the two hanger loops on the front my adjustment? Do I want it to be higher in the front? Boy I sure ask a lot of questions..THANKS!!! Dave

Dave,

Both topics have FAQ write-ups, please check them and see if you have any more questions.

BTW, gear drive, drain on front, fill to bottom of plug on the rear cover with Hy-Tran.

Dave,

Also check the posts on April 18th and 20th....lots of good deck stuff there.......supplement to the FAQ.

Daniel B.
Sounds to me like you have a bad coil on your electric PTO but you need to check a few things first.

With the tractor running and the PTO off you should have 13 to 14 volts across your battery, if not your regulator is bad or you have a bad ground somewhere.

If your regulator is good then with a fully charged battery put a meter in series with your PTO, there is a connector about a foot away from the PTO, good place to put the meter. A good coil will run about 3.4 to 3.8 amps and a bad one will usually be about doulble that reading.

If your meter on the dash is good you will probably see a discharge when you engage the PTO even with the tractor at full rpms.

Guys, Got a question about the tranny on my 128. I can't see in the manual where it has any service interval for changing the fluid. Since it's 30 years old and I can't guarantee it's EVER been changed, thought the interval might be just right. I checked the FAQ's but can't see if HY-TRAN is a IH specific product. Is that so? BTW-very interesting article on changing the fluid on the FAQ. Thanks.

Hy-Tran is an IH/CIH/CNH/Case Const. specific product. Many commercial hyd. fluids say they meet the spec. for direct replacement as well.

If you absolutely could not find Hy-tran or an equilavent hyd. fluid you could also use a quality 30wt. motor oil (synthetic would be good here).

Hy-tran is the 1st choice.

Can anyone tell me what a long belt,#487046-R2,
X 142 1/2 X 3/8 will fit? TIA
dunno.gif

Latest posts

Back