• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 26, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dross

displayname
Dave Ross
I remember the old elevators I was around almost always had a PTO shaft that could be changed from side to side. I never saw it done but I don't see why a cub couldn't pull one. <font size="-2">just to much time on my hands to think</font>

DAVE - Dad's 40 or 48 ft bale elevator was set up to drive from either side with a little work. A CC would have run it pretty easily. Not sure how the tiller GB would have worked but the GD PTO would have done O-K other than the odd-ball spline and turning the wrong way thing IH did. Not sure a CCO or 70 would run an elevator loaded with ear corn but it might have.

The big crib on the farm I grew up on had an "inside verticle bucket elevator" complete with a short drag conveyor. Dad had a elec. over hyd wagon hoist to raise the frt of the whole wagon for unloading. The hoist was set up to run with a flat belt which we did for a couple years when filling ear corn starage away from the buildings. The hoist also ran "tumbling rods" to drive the elevator sitting beyond the hoist.

Local seed corn co. had the right idea for their mobile in-the-field corn handling. Had an old H Farmall with a large DC generator driven by the belt pulley. Generator sat on the operator platform in place of the seat. EVERYTHING ran with heavy drop cords with elec. "Poor Man's ELECTRAL" but made about three times the power.

Do y'all think the PTO on this tiller drive turned the right direction for most things?

I think one of these would be cool.
224595.jpg

thanks alot guys now all i need to finish my collection is the last 3 pull starts

Donald, That mean you'll have to change your profile from "all narrow frames" to "almost all"
happy.gif

Was that wierd PTO on the cubs the same one used on the F series.

DAVE - You mean the output shaft size? The early H's used a 1-1/8" 6-spline, M's got the 1-3/8" 6-spline SAE standard. The CC's and I think the FARMALL CUB used a 15/16" multiple spline, seems like it was ten or fifteen splines. Cub Farmall turned the correct way, CC's turned "backwards" due to the reduction gearbox, or counter-clock-wise.

Not sure which way the tiller gearbox would turn if turned 90 degrees like Norm's pic shows.

I think it was at the RPRU in Sandwich years ago that someone had a 2-blade timed deck from a '61/'63 CC modified to run off the rear PTO kinda like a pull-type bush hog. I think KRAIG has a pic of it in his files.

CHARLIE - I've seen almost ALL attachments for CC's, at least pictures of them, but THAT Chain Broom is something I've NEVER seen before. It must be even more rare than the M&W frt mounted weed mower.

How about twisting the belt to get the proper CW or CCW direction.

Dennis, I saw that outfit in Sandwitch. I think it was me and, mabey, Tom H checking it out. It rained hard later on that day. I did see the doubles and triples on the dyno that day, a rear end designed for 30 horse putting out 90, it was a really good day.
I'm not sure of the size but the F-14 I had used a wierd PTO output shaft. At the time (late 60's) you could buy an adapter at Tractor Suppy for the standard 540.

DAVE - HE-HE... Buddy & I started walking back to the parking lot when the weather got real threatening, I was only about 50 feet from my truck when it started POURING rain that afternoon @ Sandwich!

I forget exactly where I saw them but you can still get those adapters from the 1-1/8" 6-spline to 1-3/8" 6-spline. Dad's old '39 H that got traded in on the Super H had one, and we put one on the '40 jd B even though we were never successful in using it to run anything with the PTO. It just wouldn't idle smooth enough to even run the bale elevator.

By "Doubles & Triples" Your talking about the double & triple engined F-20's? I never got to the dyno area @ Sandwich. Only got there @ Penfield. Sure wished they would have had a dyno @ Madison. Dad's '51 M needed a work-out!

Not sure what an F-12/14 would have had for a PTO output shaft, suspect it was 1-1/8"-6 spline.

TOM H. - I think twisting the long belt under the tractor would work.

Dennis the alternator went bad in my truck that day, picked up a bottle of RainX. I drove home just fine in "that" rain without wipers, radio or lights. there was an F-20 there with a tree trunk still attached to the frame.
I remember the guy I was checking that cub with the brush mower out with thowed it in gear and just bumped it a couple times to see if the blades acually turned the right way. I think they did. That had to be like 10 years ago.

The mower belongs to the Urschels

224626.jpg

Charlie,
My cat (not cub) is always pestering me to rub her. Instead of me rubbing her, do you think one of those chain brooms would work?
rofl.gif

224629.jpg

Dennis,
That's how they would revrese the rotation with flatbelts back in the old days.

Dave,
I remember that! That was in 2000. MAN time flys!

Dave and Dennis, The rear PTO shaft on the F-12's-14's was a smaller shaft but not like the Cub.

Marty, Your choice, chipper shreader, snow blower, chain broom. take your pick.
Tom I was thinking 99 or 2000.

It was 2000 and it rained like no tomorrow....

I had just finished this one for the show...

224636.jpg

Taken 6/3/2000

Kind of off topic,
I remember that heavy rain. It inverted the top of my tent and flooded the inside. The next morning I "Pitched" my tent for the last time..................I pitched it right into the dumpster. Haven't camped since.

Latest posts

Back