• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 26, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And here I thought I'd nip this OFF TOPIC crap in the bud last night!

Use this topic only for discussion about IH Garden Tractors and Equipment built prior to 1981.

Now I have another situation. I unloaded the "new" 129 after putting some inflated tires on and I can't get the rear tires to roll together. I removed both release valves and they are probably toast. They are manual and both buttons were hard to push in.

What should I do next to get this rearend to roll the tires together?

Wayne, Either the hydro is frozen in place (check by manually turning the engine shaft), the brakes are on/frozen (can you move one wheel independantly of the other when jacked off the ground), or there is something mechanical jamming the transaxel gears/axles (need to unbolt top cover and check inside). Just my 2 cents....

I have too much time on my hand with all this rain.
angel.gif
"Wayne, Either the hydro is frozen in place (check by manually turning the engine shaft), the brakes are on/frozen (can you move one wheel independantly of the other when
censored.gif
the ground), or there is something mechanical jamming the transaxel gears/axles (need to unbolt top cover and check inside). Just my 2 cents...."

Robert & Dave-

The temp here is in the 70s right now reaching 80+ later. I had it "lifted" but didn't check wheel rotation, just changed one rear. I only need to pull it 50 or 60 yards but now I'm beginning to think I can't really mess anything up...that's been taken care of.

Tom-

???.....no comment.

Wayne, So it's not full of water and froze?
happy.gif
Go ahead and pull it, if the rear end aint turning you aint gonna screw anything up but the grass/gravel you travel on

Dave-

It was a pain to pull. I had to center my pull point or else the rearend slid and the whole tractor stayed and pulled at an angle. It did leave the prettiest mark all the way to its resting spot. It's now camping out as we speak.

I have properly placed it in the "roun-tuit" file. I think its number is in the 70s or80s.

When that number comes up I'll let you know what I find. Thanks for the input.

Wayne-

This is what the motor cylinder block in the hydro probably looks like, based on what you are describing.

224659.jpg

Matt-

What in the heck would cause something like that? The retaining washer with the 9 holes is destroyed along with several of the piston/plungers. Is that what will happen when run dry?

Back