• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 25, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bradley That looks like a lot more fun than stuck in the starting furrow!

well a fellow cuber (104 ,creeper and all the toys) stopped by and we plowed a few furrows. Have to do some reading to get it dialed in ,but about Thursday i`ll be ready to turn some sod.Did i say thanks guys and Kraig steer me to plow set up (do you have a set up for
stupid.gif
) what a nice day here. Later Don T
old.gif

150477.jpg

Don T.,
Beautiful collection. Must take awhile to park them. Ahh to have problems like that.

If I decide to go with the "thick" carb base gasket where would I get one?
Thanks to everyone for their input on such a simple little thing.

After work today, I went ahead and tore down the carburetor, and sprayed out all the passages and jets. I didn't find any smoking guns, but when I put it back on the tractor I did use the thick carburetor gasket that Matt recommended. She started right up, but I noticed something amiss about the cheap Ebay muffler I put on it a couple of years ago. The end cap was split right in the area where I put the arrow, shooting hot oxygen depleted air right at the carburetor. It's not exactly the kind of EGR system I had in mind for my tractor though. I only ran it for a few minutes, but I bet if I ran it longer the vapor lock would soon rear its ugly head.

150480.jpg

Richard P , did i see you have a 125 that your fixing ? i have a 125 here and like it even thought i have never heard it run. My cubs are all rescue missions , i think that when i pas on a few might be around another 30 yrs lol.Thanks, Cubs keep me out of trouble with the better half lol. I will post some plow pictures at the end of the week if all goes well. Later Don T
greenthumb.gif

Guys,
Brendan and Jerry,

It's a model 70, built in 1970 according to the serial number chart. The mainspring seems pretty stiff. There's no play in it. The belt (at least visually) is all over the place while it's running. Instead of a nice line where it should look straight and taut around the pulley, there's a lot of back and forth in it, but the pulley isn't sharp.
150488.jpg

150489.jpg

Engine,Driveshaft pulley
Bottom side of the pulley with spring,
150490.jpg

And the bottom pulley with the disc.
150491.jpg

Howard, that is an Original built sometime between 1961 and 1963.

Charlie, if you're giving up on the 125 and #40 when should I come up and get them?
happy.gif

Latest posts

Back