• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 25, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, one and All.

Art A. The prototype hydro at Sauer Danfoss features the ten horse Kohler in it. When Sunstrand found out that IH was coming out with a bigger engine they put the ten horse in one of the Cubs since it was the biggest offered by Cub Cadet at the time. It's been awhile since I've seen it though. Maybe Kraig or someone will have some pics of it. It's presently being stored until we add on and have room once again for a museum. If you look at how he installed the engine then you will see that he used the raise the pedestal and hood/grille idea also. I wish that I could remember how Mr. Ricketts put the ten horse gas tank on. One other thing. Since there were actually two hydro prototype Cub Cadets (the other kept the standard 7hp engine) and both were sold to emplyees there is a chance that particular Cub Cadet is still out and running. So, if anyone ever comes across an Original with a hydro in it... I claim first dibs.

So Bryan is leaving town on a rail huh ? I guess tar'n feathers isn't ecologically correct anymore ?
55839.gif

What do you think the chances will be that my drive shaft would be worn out? I got to looking at the picture and noticed how shinny things look around the teaser spring and pressure plate area, kind of got me wondering. Is there another reason to replace the shaft, other than the obvious bent or broke?

Brain B.
I learned a long time ago when I was messin with gear drives that when you change the teaser spring, main spring, throw out bearing and such, that if there's a doubt in your mind and since another 20 bucks won't break ya. It's best to just do it all and be done with it for another 30 years. JMHO

BRIAN - I bet the very back hole in the driveshaft is wallowed out so a 3/8" bolt or pin will almost start in the hole. There's really not much wear going on under the springs & T/O bearing.

An Engineer at FARMALL told Me back in about '80 that the little Cubbies, 7 & 8 HP never had driveshaft problems. But since I put the K241 in My 72 back in '85 I wear one out at that very back hole about every 15 years. A 12 HP with proper added weights should wear them out even quicker.

Follow Charlie's advice. replace the WHOLE thing now while Your at it.

I received a little package in the mail today. A new gear for my 147 #4 electric lift. If you look closely at the old one you will see the gouged gears. Its at about at the 10 o'clock position.
55848.jpg

So is 409 a pre-production Original? 501 would have been the first production unit following standard IH practice. Is there a story on 409? Who found it, where and how? Curious minds want to know.

Chris was right. Plow first, till second.
thumbsup_old.gif

Now I just have to rake the roots out of the soil and add compost. Then I get to till again!
55852.jpg

55853.jpg

Awesome Cub Trncher on Ebay #270112520282 Heavily modified. Too bad it is in CA

board-post.pl

board-post.pl

board-post.pl

Latest posts

Back