• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through April 25, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
35215.jpg

Charlie -

Remind me to write a virus that'll search your HD and delete all references to Tinker Bell!

Tedd -

Looks good!

If folks read thru the Voyager archives from this site's early days, you'll see where Hydro Harry and I first started talking about painting a dash tin black then using decals to do the "printed" parts. Our thought was to do decals that were the same thickness as the various black/silver Kohler decals.

We never got very far cuz we couldn't figure out how to scan the dang dash decal - the silver kept reflecting back too much light.

Bbodley...To quote the Kohler manual, if I may: "Because these engines are equipped with an automatic compression release mechanism (ACR), it is difficult to obtain an accurate compression reading. To check the condition of the combustion chamber and related mechanisms, physical inspection and a crankcase vacuum test are recommended." I also found a post somewhere that claimed that by shaving the head on his K161 a guy had upped his compression ratio to 7.5:1.

Thank you all. This 149 has been a looooooooong time coming, and I do not get to keep it.
sad.gif
It is for a friend a couple of doors down that has a 50's Sears that bit the big one. I may just have to dig up a 149 for myself when I am done.
happy.gif

Tedd, nice job on the 149! Hopefully your neighbor will let you use it once in a while.
happy.gif

FRANK C. - Compression in these little flathead Kohlers is a double-edged sword. Just like the old flat-head Ford V-8's of 70+ yrs ago, to reduce combustion chamber volume to increase compression You choke off the flow area from the valves to the cylinder. There's little things, and then some VERY BIG things You can do to change all that but that becomes a topic for the Pulling Forum.

Off topic question ahead....

My neighbor has a Simplicity Broadmoor II Model 6011. According to my neighbor "it will run for a while, loose power, smoke and then stall". It has a verticle shaft, 11hp B&S this is the specs on the engine:

model# 252 707
type# 0131-01
code# 78103011

Does anyone have an idea of what's wrong or what to check first? I have not heard it run or witnessed it's symptoms, he had the battery out of it when I stopped by last night to have a look. Any help is apprecieated. TIA

Wondering if anyone had any advice about doing a repair on this deck lifting arm. From a 122 with a 49" deck. Going to a tractor junkyard Saturday, but might not find anything better.
35220.jpg
35221.jpg

Dave P
Bring it over this weekend... we'll weld it up...

David, build it back up with a welder then grind it back to the proper dimensions. You could also weld on some bar stock like IH did on the later versions of the deck subframes. You should check the rock shaft where that fits onto as it will have some wear that can weaken the rockshaft. Looks like that's bent apart too. Here's is what the later part looked like with the bar stock welded on.

35223.jpg

subframe

35224.jpg

close up.

LAST CALL: If you took photos at Plow Day 11 please send them to me for the Plow Day Photo Collection. As usual I'm collecting photos for a Photo Collection CDs (it's up to 3 CDs so far). Also as usual if you submit photos you get a free copy of the collection. Please email me for a mailing address to send CDs. Thanks.

David, The bottom part wears the worse, so for those of us that like to over do things a bit:
35231.jpg

This one already had the pieces welded on like Kraig showed, they still wear down.

When I bought My first CC, the 72 back in 1980 or '81 it was 12-13 yrs old. The rockshaft is made from 3/4" dia. barstock, and the lift lever had worn HALF way thru it already. It took a bit of welding & grinding to get that back into shape. Plus the work on the lifting arms pretty much looks like John's. I touched it up about 4-5 yrs ago but it didn't really need it.

Kraig Mc- off topic question: ask your nieghbor if its black smoke, and if it will start RIGHT back up.if its black smoke and doesnt start back up it sounds like the coil is breaking down,if its got points and condenser still in it a condenser will do the same thing. if he wants to elimanate the points and cond.,get a whole new coil part # 398811. this is the briggs magnetron coil. all self contained electronic ign. the carb may be flooding also, but it would do it just sitting there if it was...T

Cool Cub day today. Stopped by Houtz's for some parts today and picked up some of the new Cub Cadet racing stuff. It's pretty cool. I was gonna leave when a truck with new Cub Cadets arrived and blocked the drive. It was kinda busy there and Skip asked me to unload the semi with their Cub Cadet Compact tractor with loader and forks. What could I say!!! I had a blast. Man those Tanks are heavy too. Thanks Rob and Skip.

I need some help, I know this is like puttin a postage stamp in an empty room opening the door turning off the lites taking a runnin jump and tryin to get the stamp on your tounge but,I need some help Moving a Cub Cadet From Wisc. to ny or pa so if you can help please e-mail i will even help pay gas and storage i'm in no rush for this tractor don't want to see it die.

Please Help.
Dan

Need some help on finding a part # or dimensions for a pulley for a 59M chipper/shredder. Went to my local dealer and they looked at me like I was talking out of my head. Just bought a mounting bracket to get mine hooked up to a cub but it is missing the pulley that comes off of the pto of the tractor.

To the engineers how about putting some bearings or cam followers on a fork setup instead of the fork for th mower subframe,just an idea?

Latest posts

Back