• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 02, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eford

displayname
Earl Ford
Every time I look at it, I think it's a 5 point and have to zoom in and deja Vu happens all over again!
lol.gif

So I have a customer I’ve been dealing with for years in my parts department come by for some parts to rebuild a tcase for one of his duramax dump trucks...for the first time in the years I’ve been dealing with him is wearing and IH cap,we struck up a conversation and I told him that I was really into cub cadets,so he says “stop by my shop after work I want you to see something then”.so I stop by after work and in his shop he has a pretty fair condition 149...good condition I’d say he says it’s his sons but he wants to get rid of it so he can gain some more space in the shop.so long story short...I pick up my new to me 149 tomorrow afternoon it’s coming with a rototiller and mower deck plus a box of new old stock mower blades still in the box.it pays to have great customers.

smile.gif
, that's great, Ethan! Quite a feeling when one "falls into your lap", eh?
happy.gif

Frank indeed... i was very excited when I walked into my customers shop and saw the 149 and the tiller and deck sealed the deal

If I could and Kraig if you don’t mind(could I email them to you?)I’ll snap some pics of my new 149 and maybe a few of the status of my 125 and my 1450

Ethan, certainly send 'em on over. Because we all know that:

worthless.gif

My 124 lift handle will not quite engage the highest detent on the height adjustment quadrant. There's no mower deck or blade on it.....just the lift handle. Is this normal or should I keep looking for some obstruction? Thanks for the help.

David

David Q - hey that's a great question. Ever narrow frame I've owned had the same issue. I thought it was normal that you couldn't engage the very top detent - but I always wondered why.

Ethan - great find, and make sure you note Frank C's tag line.

So just got home from picking up the 149. Kraig I just fired off some pictures of the 149 and my 125 and 1450 thank you for posting them,hopefully you get them lol

Hall of shame
I had an interesting happen to me when I redid the carb on my 129.
I took it apart, cleaned the needles and passages, installed a new float valve and put it back together. The 129 started OK ran for a couple of minutes and stopped. Not getting gas. Took the carb apart again and the float was so high that it shut the gas completely off. I thought I checked it but who knows, so I adjusted it and put it back together. It started, ran a few minutes and stopped. I took the carb apart again and to my surprise the float was again set to fully shut off the gas. This freaked me out. The new seat for the float valve is now tightened by a socket (which I do not like) and when I installed the seat I thought it was tight, but the socket was binding against the carb and the seat was not tight. When the motor was running it loosened the seat more and shut off the gas. I then took out a hacksaw cut a slot in seat and reinstalled it. Problem solved.
Little things make life interesting.
Have a great day
Earl L

Just did some research and ran my 149s Id tag,looks like it was built at the end of 1974. 2050047u526982

Earlier in the week I mentioned going to look at a 169. After talking with the owner I am certain it was a 169. It needed wiring work and had some missing parts. After talking with the seller, I had a gut feeling not to spend the $300 on it. Can't say why, but something just said let it go. Doesn't happen ofter but I passed on it. I'm sure that's happened to others here as well. Now for the good news.........Yesterday I saw a 149 on CL for $300. Looked the normal old condition but ran very good and came with a nice 42" blade and nice rear tires and an extra running 14hp motor. Seller also said it came with a homemade rear lift. Very few of the PO modifications have I left on any tractor, however I think this one is a keeper. The one bracket has been bent and needs to be fixed..

319263.jpg

319264.jpg

319265.jpg

319266.jpg

319267.jpg

319268.jpg

319269.jpg

319270.jpg

Good for you, Mike! You beat me to it - when Ethan's pics get posted I was going to ask you how things went with the 169..
happy.gif

Sorry for the delay in my pictures I have to send them to my wife and she’ll send them to Kraig.....just a glitch in my notso smart phone

Michael S., very nice! Looks like a decent home made lift.

Ethan, it's possible that my email inbox was full. Should be plenty of room now for photos.
happy.gif

Mike S. I was looking about a year ago to build a 3 point something like that! Would be cool to see it fixed up! Nice find

Ethan, got them but they are quite small. There's a setting on phones and some emails that automatically reduce the size of attached photos. Send them again but make sure that the setting is set to send the original size image. Here's what I received.

319277.jpg

319278.jpg

319279.jpg

319280.jpg

319281.jpg

319282.jpg

319283.jpg

Back