• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 20, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NEUTRAL STARTING SWITCH!
========================

I repaired a "short" on a connector that was sticking out the side of the chassis. The wires were stripped and touching.

I remember seeing that the NEUTRAL STARTING SWITCH was orphaned... no wires running to it.

I'll bet you a donut that my late father-in-law created the short after the switch blew out, to rig the 104 to start!

Fixing in the morning.
happy.gif

Wouldn't bet on the saftey switch bypass being the problem ... my 2166 is fixed too ;)

Bob L:

The "jumpering" of the two Neutral Safety Switch wires would have nothing to do with the discharge problem you are having UNLESS these wires were touching ground (chassis).

The first lawn session with the 782 did not go so well. Broke a tie rod end on the right side. Easy enough fix. But once the engine got hot, the electric pto did not want to engage. I checked the faq. There is only a section on adjustment. Is that all I need to do? Is there any easier fix? I tried throttling up the engine and the pto still wouldnt catch. Any thoughts?

David E:

Here is the excerpt from the Service Manual...

55593.jpg

Follow this procedure and this should take care of your problem...

thumbsup.gif

David E. you also may want to check and make sure the charging systom is working I had that same type problem on my 1250 would run and cut great but as the bat. ran down the clutch would kick out because of low voltage.
Just a possibility.
Keith C

Michael A. Miller (Mmiller),

Now where in the wide wide world of Virginia did you happen to find that little jewel of a 109?

I must travel the wrong roads!

104 The Saga Continues
========================

Jumped the Neutral Starting Switch... started great!

Engaged the PTO... PTO thingies broke.

We have a spare off the 86 model, so I'm checking to see if they are compatible.

Thanks to all. I will try the adjustment procedure. The charging system looks up to snuff.

James,
I found that 109 the same place I found the 682 that I'm picking up next week! It's one of those country roads I've traveled a dozen times and I always thought there should be a cub on that road, but I could never spot one. Until Wednesday when I just barely caught that flash of yellow sticking out of the weeds. I knocked on the door and the rest is history.

55596.jpg

well guys i need help making a decision. My mower deck is like Michael Miller's. Does that type of deck cut grass as nice as the deck with the rear wheels? Or can't you tell a difference?

Digger's comment about how much Michael M spent on his new 109 ("Now don't go tellin us you got it for 50 bucks either") makes me wonder: What would be a fair price range for a 108 with 42" deck that seems to run well. I've got my eye on one, but I'm pretty ingnorant on its value. I know it really depends on how badly I want to buy it and the seller wants to sell it, but can you or anyone else on here tell me at what point I'd be getting the short end? (The seller is asking $300).

(Don't get me wrong - I love my 782, but all the "old yellers" at Plow Day gave me the urge to expand my palette to include the more traditional colors.)

Lip,
It's worth exactly what your willing to pay, no more, no less.
Without pics, hearing it run, mowing with it and a few other things, It's like calling your doc and saying, can you tell me what's wrong with my back, it hurts. LOL
IMHO, if it feels good to you when ya set on it, and take it for a spin, BUY IT!
yummy.gif

Hello, I'm looking through the sponsors and I'm wondering because I did not see it do any of them offer head bolts for the K-series engines? Roland told me a while back about the bolts stretching and he told me that automotive bolts may not last.. well as you all know he's always a great well of knowledge and is right,the new (8 line)bolts started to stretch. Does Vogt's have high performance head bolts for sale? I looked at the other sponsers and could not tell. Thanks for your help.

James - Man if you're stretchin grade 8 bolts I'd hate to be around when that thing blows!
Do a search for ARP bolts and see if you can find the size you need. You may even want something stronger. I'm looking on my 'puter for my grade list to see what the tensile is on the 8's. I'll be back with the info when / if I find it. You're going to have to get into the high end auto racing stuff to get better than grade 8.

Lip - WE don't do those questions on here but since Digger let ya slide ... I gave $600 for my 122 in several boxes ... how bad do you want that one ... ;)

The 147 #4 has a torn seat. Does someone sell replacement vinyl for the seat? I cannot fond a part number and the dealer said no.

Latest posts

Back